V8 super slow signal response..

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

alpha8080

V8 super slow signal response..

Post by alpha8080 »

Hello

I have been having this issue since the day i got this box few months back. I did't cared much about it at first but now it's getting out of hands. Problem is my v8 super is taking too much time to detect signals from lnb. When i am switching between TP's it takes 3-4 seconds for v8 super to detect it's signals (blue progress bars). We all know how crucial this matter is when aligning a dish and getting no signals. Due to not having instantaneous signal reception, it is too hard to set a satellite, because when v8 super receives signals while i am moving the dish it won't display it fast enough and i will continue to move it thinking no signals. I have other boxes too and their signal reception is almost instant.

Is this a problem? or it's just the way v8 super is?

Marantz

Re: V8 super slow signal response..

Post by Marantz »

Hi
I have a Super V8 ,its about eight months old and i have verified it isn't a clone .it does not have the problem you describe.

I use mine on c band and have a manual actuator and it locks up fast when moving through the arc

I have never even seen a blue progress bar except when doing a blind scan

Maybe someone else can let you know if they are having a problem too or if its just your V8 Super .

Hope you get it resolved ,maybe reload the firmware and try a new sat /channel/tp list ,then load in the keys after ,do it step by step and see if one file is slowing the processor down ,maybe a file is corrupt ,or dump out anything in the sat list and channels that you are not using ,..... don't know ...sorry .... hope you may get better advice from someone else ,i guess i am just lucky mine works

good luck

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

The best is to troubleshoot your system

Make sure there isn't moist/ water in coax connectors/ LNB connector or Switch connectors etc

Make a backup of your settings and do a factory reset to wipe out any bug in the system and re-try

alpha8080

Post by alpha8080 »

Thanks for your reply..

Already using the latest February firmware and the issue remains. I am not even sure if it's an issue. When i scan through the TP's list, it takes 2-6 seconds (if i am correct )for the box to show signals with signals bar. I am talking about the signals bar (signals indicator, intensity and quality) inside TP list menu. (sorry for my misinterpretation)

Already using customized channel list. No extra channel.

mikelsat

Post by mikelsat »

alpha8080 wrote:Hello

I have been having this issue since the day i got this box few months back. I did't cared much about it at first but now it's getting out of hands. Problem is my v8 super is taking too much time to detect signals from lnb. When i am switching between TP's it takes 3-4 seconds for v8 super to detect it's signals (blue progress bars). We all know how crucial this matter is when aligning a dish and getting no signals. Due to not having instantaneous signal reception, it is too hard to set a satellite, because when v8 super receives signals while i am moving the dish it won't display it fast enough and i will continue to move it thinking no signals. I have other boxes too and their signal reception is almost instant.

Is this a problem? or it's just the way v8 super is?
When I'm going through a TP list to find a dead TP it takes about 3-4 seconds before it shows no signal, on other receivers I have it shows the no signal instantly, you might be better with a signal meter to align your dish or use another receiver.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi

i thought you were getting a slow response when changing from bird to bird and doing normal watching ,but yes if you are going into the set up menu and then through the sat tp list and switching from tp to tp it does take a few seconds on mine too .

sorry for the misunderstanding ,it would seem your receiver is normal .

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have found that some of the older TP's like those using a SR of under 1500 (eg 4675 H 1299) take a long time to lock and show signal strenght.
This is more noted in the V8 Nova.
The unit will show signal strenght in the TP menu, but not scan from the TP menu or blind scan the same TP as it does not wait long enough for a lock before looking for a channel.
I have a channel list in the Nova with channels like this (off Eutelsat172B@172e c band) and the Nova will show the picture, but will never scan in the same channel.

Is this the problem you are having, ie are the TP's that take a long time to show signal strenght like this?

Another issue may be you are double sending DiSEqC commands. There is a setting in the menu to set for "NO" repeat sending of DiSEqC.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

alpha8080

Post by alpha8080 »

Feralkiwi wrote:I have found that some of the older TP's like those using a SR of under 1500 (eg 4675 H 1299) take a long time to lock and show signal strenght.
This is more noted in the V8 Nova.
The unit will show signal strenght in the TP menu, but not scan from the TP menu or blind scan the same TP as it does not wait long enough for a lock before looking for a channel.
I have a channel list in the Nova with channels like this (off Eutelsat172B@172e c band) and the Nova will show the picture, but will never scan in the same channel.

Is this the problem you are having, ie are the TP's that take a long time to show signal strenght like this?

Another issue may be you are double sending DiSEqC commands. There is a setting in the menu to set for "NO" repeat sending of DiSEqC.

Owen
Thanks for replying..

Currently i am only scanning through KU band TP's as i don't own a big dish.
All my SR's are above 25000

I have no problem with channels. They work fine when everything is set..

My only problem is ... V8 super takes too much time to lock on to a signal on dead TP's when aligning a dish. Also when scanning through (browsing through) the TP's inside TP list menu. The Red/Blue signal indicator is slow to respond. The like users above mentioned.

It's already set to None.

Plinko

Post by Plinko »

I too am having and issue with the signal meter response time on my v8 nova .

alpha8080

Post by alpha8080 »

So i am not alone with this issue..

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”