V8 Finder Factory Reset on Power up

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Larry

V8 Finder Factory Reset on Power up

Post by Larry »

I recently tried to update my database in my Freesat V8 Finder. After reboot I have a blank screen on both the LCD and HDMI port. Is there a way to force a factory reset on powerup. I think I have corrupt user data that is causing the display to be in the wrong mode.
I have tried powering up with the Menu key down and it says USB upgrade but it does not seem to do anything.

Is the V8 Finder a dead product? They have new products with similar names and it gets confusing what programs go with what device.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: V8 Finder Factory Reset on Power up

Post by cpr43 »

Larry wrote:I recently tried to update my database in my Freesat V8 Finder. After reboot I have a blank screen on both the LCD and HDMI port. Is there a way to force a factory reset on powerup. I think I have corrupt user data that is causing the display to be in the wrong mode.
I have tried powering up with the Menu key down and it says USB upgrade but it does not seem to do anything.

Is the V8 Finder a dead product? They have new products with similar names and it gets confusing what programs go with what device.
Did you rename the file to flash.bin?

Did you used a file known working before?

Larry

Re: V8 Finder Factory Reset on Power up

Post by Larry »

Thank You!!!
Renaming to file to flash.bin did the trick.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”