V8 Pro 2 Video problem?

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

V8 Pro 2 Video problem?

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have been using my new V8 Pro 2 unit for a few days.

All seems good, Note I only use the satellite and DVB-T parts not the network stuff as yet.

Two interesting things.

First:
One channel "L-Bird1" off Intelsat19ku@166e keeps blacking out and reporting "No Signal". 12552 V 3750.
I tested yesterday with both my V8 Golden and V8 Por2 connected to the same dish and the Golden picture was stable.
This black out / no signal is every 2 seconds, and restores without DiSEqC commands being sent or the LNB power stopping.
I checked that this was not interference from the electric fence by diconnnecting it while testing.
It did look like electric fence interference but is not.

What I suspect is that the unit is having problems with video processing of this channel.
No other freesat unit has ever had this issue.

Second:
When the V8 Pro2 scans in the multistream channel TP off Intelsat 19@166e Ku band, 12571 V 28720, it scans in each set of 8 channels.
This reports four lines of TP info in the scan window, one for each set. The TP is listed once in the TP list.
All other Freesat units have only scanned one set of 8 and you needed to rescan many times until you had all four sets.
Other freesat units also almost never scanned in the channel names and used the SID numbers.
The V8 Pro2 scanns in the channel names.
Bad news. The V8 Pro2 does not show ANY video, just a black screen for each channel.
The other Freesat units have shown mixed brick pictures with only SID 1072 (Channel 9 Melbourne SD) showing a broken but just watchable picture.

Updated 12 Mar:
I was wiping the water off of the LNB with a rag on a stick while on one of these multistream channels and it some how clitched the software and showed a picture.
All channels on one set of eight worked fully including EPG but the other sets did not.
I repeated this a few times after changing channel away from the multistream channels.
This shows there is some sort of multistream software in this V8 Pro2 unit.
I am testing a new V8 Finder-meter (the new unit) and it DOES do multistream. It reports the channels as being multi, and lists the type as 161, 162, 163, 164, one number for each set of eight.

This looks like there is some sort of multistream software in this new V8 Pro2 unit.

The Channel 9 multistream TP looks like it is four sets of DVB-T formated channels on one TP for retransmission in each of four cities.
Other brand units that open these channels have issues too. The Amico A2 needs a lot of repeated rescans, and a German unit needs many channel changes form set to set to watch.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

machteck

Re: V8 Pro 2 Video problem?

Post by machteck »

I also found an unusual problem turned the tv and v8 pro 2 on this morning was tuned to 91 W fox news channel, it loaded to the screen that displays moving dish and the channel info, and then it froze had to unplug from power and re plug, loaded fine then. I have never had any freesat or brand x box to do that before.
Larry

Channel Master

Post by Channel Master »

Owen, I also have the channel going out every five seconds or so. I am using a 4 port diseq switch. It usually does it on Galaxy 17 (91 west). Ku band frequency set at port 2. I have my 10 ft. C band dish on Port 1 and have no issues. It only seems to do it on Ku channels for me.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Channel Master wrote:Owen, I also have the channel going out every five seconds or so. I am using a 4 port diseq switch. It usually does it on Galaxy 17 (91 west). Ku band frequency set at port 2. I have my 10 ft. C band dish on Port 1 and have no issues. It only seems to do it on Ku channels for me.
What Freq and SR is that channel?
Just one channel or all channels on that TP?

I used two different dishes with different LNB low frequencies when I tested, but no change.

I remember my old Skybox F5s would scan in a channel off of Intelsat19@166e C band channel name "Oneseg" or something like that, FTA.
This channel would then appear in ALL channel and sat lists.
This I think was due to the channel name or SID data matching some kind of end code that the Skybox used in its memory.

I wouder if something like this is happening in the V8 Pro?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Channel Master

Post by Channel Master »

Owen, it was going in and out on Home Channel on 91 ku. I think it was because the signal was marginal. All the other ones played fine with no issues.

tanka

Post by tanka »

Friend so did you have the same problem I have .I Explain to you and you said are the signal to low.I said no because all my receiveres working very good on the Hispansat.That receiver need one new firmware to correct that
problem.Have one good day.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I updated my first post here regarding multistream with this V8 Pro 2 unit.

Found more!!

I now go to the channel and unplug the LNB cable for a moment and one of the 4 sets of 8 multistream channels is active. Which set is random.
Intelsat19@166e Ku 12570 V 26809. Auzzy Channel 9.

Owen

tanka

Post by tanka »

something only in ku hispansat hd.C band working fine

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

tanka wrote:something only in ku hispansat hd.C band working fine
Are you saying you have a multistream TP on that sat?
Does it work with the V8 Pro2?

Owen

tanka

Post by tanka »

Two channels on the hispansat hd the same problem signal from 70 to 0 in few seconds.Only v8 pro2 .V8 super fine v8 nova orange fine to

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

I used for Thaicom 5/6/8 C-band and KU-Band also Asiasat5 C-Band and Intelsat20 C-Band are working fine. but I am not scan channel but import data channel from v8 nova and used both DiSEqC and multiswitch.

I found some problem when import custom IPTV if url with html5 (https://) did not remember for v8 Nova and v8 Pro2, v8 golden and super work fine.

If watch custom IPTV finnished come back to satellite TV screen alway show black screen every time, slide up or down go to next channel and back to present channel will show TV screen this problem all v8 nova and v8 pro2.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

tanka wrote:Two channels on the hispansat hd the same problem signal from 70 to 0 in few seconds.Only v8 pro2 .V8 super fine v8 nova orange fine to
The cahnnel that goes "No Signal" verey 2 seconds is just one channel on that TP, 12552 V 3750 Intelsat19@166e Ku.
Are you two channels just one channel on the TP and what are the details for that TP?

Owen

tanka

Post by tanka »

I don't like to tell the name of the channel. One are 12077v4000 hd on the clear no keys the 12106v4200 hd

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Sounds like it is the only channel on that TP, like mine.

Here are the sids etc for my channel. What sid etc does yours have.
I ask this as I suspect that this problem is something to do with the channel data.
If you do not want this on open forum, then please PM me.

Data from my info display on channel: Pid:308/256/1185

Owen

vaxi
网站管理员

Post by vaxi »

I scaned 5w and it found all multistream channels :)
But only channels from 11510 H 29500 work
TF1 works on TF1,France 2 and M6 channel (1 position)
It works good on France 2 and M6 but it is pixelated on TF1 channel :)
I also have Tx1 MI channel :?:
We need tutorial from freesat to ise multistream :)

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I found that if I unplugged the LNB cable for a moment, while I was on a channel, it would work one of the sets of channels.
Try that on your channels.

Owen

vaxi
网站管理员

Post by vaxi »

Thanks it is working that way on 5w :)
We need some settings about multistream in menu ;)

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

vaxi wrote:Thanks it is working that way on 5w :)
We need some settings about multistream in menu ;)
I hope they will fix this as the new Finder-Meter I am testing does multistream prefectly.
They have my notes and said they are working on it.

They asked for a TP record but I do not have a upload site to upload to.
Also my best USB stick is too slow fro the TP record.

Owen

vaxi
网站管理员

Post by vaxi »

I will do the tp record at this weekend and we hope to get perfect multi stream :D

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

vaxi wrote:I will do the tp record at this weekend and we hope to get perfect multi stream :D
I think it was you that posted a link to a TP recording?
If it was you could you PM me athe link so I can pass it on to Rambo for testing.

Owen

vaxi
网站管理员

Post by vaxi »

I tested 4.8e russian multistream and it is working :D :D
But you must use this method with unpluged cable :(

vaxi
网站管理员

Post by vaxi »

Any news about multistream v8 pro2 ? :)

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have been ill and busy.

I will update my software soon and test.
I expect this problem is in the firmware.

Another method to force the channel open is to use a second STB through a spiltter and switch that unit to H polarity and off again.
This only works if your local Multistream TP is on V polarity.

They got close with this V8 Pro2, but I think they did not wait long enought after the DiSEqC switching for the TP to lock before checking for multistrem.

Owen

vaxi
网站管理员

Post by vaxi »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:03 pm
I have been ill and busy.

I will update my software soon and test.
I expect this problem is in the firmware.

Another method to force the channel open is to use a second STB through a spiltter and switch that unit to H polarity and off again.
This only works if your local Multistream TP is on V polarity.

They got close with this V8 Pro2, but I think they did not wait long enought after the DiSEqC switching for the TP to lock before checking for multistrem.

Owen
Ok thanks for info :)

vaxi
网站管理员

Post by vaxi »

Any news about multistream v8 pro2 ? :)
After fixed multistream v8 pro2 will be perfect ;)

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”