How can i check if update is OK? GTMedia V8 Pro 2

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

tetete24

How can i check if update is OK? GTMedia V8 Pro 2

Post by tetete24 »

HI, I downloaded the newest firm for GTMedia V8 Pro 2, following the instructions but i'm not sure if everything was ok. If i check info on the menu, i see this picture, and i think no change done. Cuold you tell mme if i made it well or how must i do it? i think that still remains the old firmware Thanks
Attachments
IMG_5018.JPG
IMG_5018.JPG (312.19 KiB) Viewed 1902 times

Captain Ron

Re: How can i check if update is OK? GTMedia V8 Pro 2

Post by Captain Ron »

I don't have the Pro2, I have the V8 Nova Orange but if the receiver Boots and you can watch tv on it then its working.

Is there something that your Pro2 receiver is (NOT) doing that makes you believe there is a problem?

If there is something you don't understand on loading firmware, etc. then say so.

We all try to help each other here !

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

tetete24 wrote:HI, I downloaded the newest firm for GTMedia V8 Pro 2, following the instructions but i'm not sure if everything was ok. If i check info on the menu, i see this picture, and i think no change done. Cuold you tell mme if i made it well or how must i do it? i think that still remains the old firmware Thanks
Your IMG shows a software from 2018. I just checked in the download center and the latest for the Pro2 is from this year >>>
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11216&sid=ec9f4706 ... 217#p44334

If that is the one you downloaded it seems the update did not work... try again and see if the info updates. Make sure you have the correct file and follow the instruxtions on the download page. Also did you unzip the file as the format it comes in will not load to the box.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

Good Eyes Juan !!! I don't know why I didn't even recognize that. LOL

The first update for the V8 Pro 2 was on 17/12/2018 so he probably has the original software from the factory.

Would be a good idea to save that onto your USB before you load the new firmware.

Save that original software onto your USB and then do these things.

1)backup the channel list.
2)export the softcam.key to usb device
3)update the new firmware to box by allcode mode
4)update channel list then import softcam.key

Jessodell2

Post by Jessodell2 »

sorry to revive this threat but I am trying to learn...lol I am new to FTA and have my Frist GTMedia V8 Nova the orange one, and I have a Titanium ASC dish positioner. I am trying to learn how to update my satellite list on the reciever. I have done the update on the thumb drive and all, but It still shows the 2018 software. So even though it said successful I have my doubts. So please talk to me like a 3 year old learning to talk...lol I am getting some channels so I know I have everything connected the right way, but the satellite names seem to be outdated, and many of the channels aren't actually what the system says they should be.lol I also dont understand the import idea? It seems everything is done Via thumb drive? I was hoping since this was connected to the internet it would do it all over the net. Also apparently I am learning about IPTV. I expected it would be like roku, but I have yet to figure it out. Only 3 days into it so far. Using my old 12ft mesh dish with new digital Cband/KU lnb with the two connections and an Disque switch to connect then through the ASC controller to the reciever.

Jessie

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Jessodell2 wrote:sorry to revive this threat but I am trying to learn...lol I am new to FTA and have my Frist GTMedia V8 Nova the orange one, and I have a Titanium ASC dish positioner. I am trying to learn how to update my satellite list on the reciever. I have done the update on the thumb drive and all, but It still shows the 2018 software. So even though it said successful I have my doubts. So please talk to me like a 3 year old learning to talk...lol I am getting some channels so I know I have everything connected the right way, but the satellite names seem to be outdated, and many of the channels aren't actually what the system says they should be.lol I also dont understand the import idea? It seems everything is done Via thumb drive? I was hoping since this was connected to the internet it would do it all over the net. Also apparently I am learning about IPTV. I expected it would be like roku, but I have yet to figure it out. Only 3 days into it so far. Using my old 12ft mesh dish with new digital Cband/KU lnb with the two connections and an Disque switch to connect then through the ASC controller to the reciever.

Jessie
Hi there Jessie, welcome to the forum... as far as your first comment, as both you and @tetete24 are
reporting the same problem I suppose it is a problem with the file, containg old information that was
not updated. Actually the reason for the continous updates is because some channels are updated
continously by their providers in an effort to beat the piracy so the firmware is updated in our boxes
to try and catch up... chicken and the egg syndrome..lol.

To your second comment about the satellites and transponders, from what you say you was using C-Band
some years ago with the old analog system, it is somewhat similar just that now there can be hundreds of
channels on each satellite, not just the 24 as before. But you still have to identify the satellite
before you add it to your list. The way I do that is to use one of the satellites in the list that is
way out of my range (East to West) and do a blind scan of the unknown satellite. Then I go to Lyngsat and
look for some of the transponders and channels that I scanned in. Obviously I have a rough idea of
which satelites I am pointing at and it does not take too long to locate the correct satellite. Once I
know which one it is I can select it in the list and do the scan again to store it in the box. So as to
not clog up the box with a lot of repeat channels, go back to your dummy satellite and delete all the
transponders, this will get rid of all the channels you sacanned in and you can use it again for the
next satellite doing a blind scan. Also it will give you some expierence in deleting/adding transponders.I hope this gets you started in this area.

Your third comment about the motor controller, sorry I can't help much, I have a motorised system but I
use it manually, my antenna is real old and has a lot of play in it so it never goes to the correct
position... I always have to trim it, but as I mainly use 113w and 125w it's not a big deal.

Good luck....
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

Jessodell2

Post by Jessodell2 »

Thanks so much for your reply. Lots of useful stiff I hadn’t considered.

Jessodell2

Post by Jessodell2 »

Thanks. I’ve came along way and still feel like I have dad to go. Purchased another 8 ft bud to day for another took. Should I get another v8 nova or does Gt Media now have something even better?

Thanks

Jessie

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”