GTmedia V8 Nova stays with green led and does not turn on // GTmedia V8 Nova se queda con led verde y no enciende

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

josebest25

GTmedia V8 Nova stays with green led and does not turn on // GTmedia V8 Nova se queda con led verde y no enciende

Post by josebest25 »

Pues el deco de un día para otro se ha quedado como muerto cuando lo enciendo del botón trasero se queda el LED en verde y no aparece nada en el display el mando no hace nada lo ha pagado lo dejado apagado un día entero y nada intenté con un pendrive con el firmware renombrado a flash.bin pero obviamente no hace nada lo que he hecho ahora esta tarde resucitarlo con el cable RS232 primero intenté con un portátil con Windows 7 pero el adaptador RS232 a usb parece que no iba muy bien, o eso era lo que yo pensaba porque lo he probado en un ordenador antiguo con Windows 7 y con el puerto serie y tampoco me funciona, utiliza la utilidad que descargue desde aquí mismo del foro la última y me detecta todo cuando hago el primer paso aparece como si lo hubiese cargado incluso en la pantalla que tiene el programa debajo empiezan a parecer un montón de caracteres raros no me sale nada como en el manual ya que en el manual salen textos en inglés pero a mí me aparecen muchos caracteres raros, esto me aparece en los dos primeros pasos que parece que si funcionase pero el último paso que es introducir un código y darle a Manuel cent no funciona y se queda ahí. Hago todo paso por paso cómo aparece en el Manual pero como dice los dos primeros pasos sí me funciona aunque solo me salen caracteres extraños pero el último paso no el último paso es dónde se supone que copia el firmware del USB que previamente hay que colocar en el deco, he probado renombrando lo a v7s.bin y con v8nova.bin, también modificando obviamente el código manual que aparece pero no hace nada.

usb start;fatload usb 0 83000000 v7s.bin;se burn 83000000 0 800000

Este es el código que meto, cuando renombro el archivo del pendrive a v8nova.bin también cambio este código por el mismo nombre del archivo pero no hace nada, alguien que me ayude gracias.

Well the receiver from one day to the next has been like dead when I turn it on from the back button the LED stays green and nothing appears on the display the remote does not do anything what has been left off a whole day and nothing I tried with a pendrive with the firmware renamed to flash.bin but obviously it does not do anything what I have done now this afternoon to resuscitate it with the RS232 cable I first tried with a laptop with Windows 7 but the RS232 adapter to usb seems that it was not going very well, or that was what I thought because I tried it on an old computer with Windows 7 and the serial port and it does not work either, use the utility that downloads from here the last forum and it detects everything when I do the first step appears as if I would have loaded it even on the screen that has the program underneath it starts to look like a lot of rare characters I do not get anything like in the manual since in the manual there are texts in English but I see many weird characters, this appears in the first two steps that seems to work but the last step is to enter a code and give manual sent does not work and stays there. I do everything step by step how it appears in the Manual but as it says the first two steps it works for me even though I only get strange characters but the last step is not the last step where it is supposed to copy the USB firmware that previously has to be placed in the deco, I have tried renaming it to v7s.bin and with v8nova.bin, also obviously modifying the manual code that appears but does nothing.

usb start;fatload usb 0 83000000 v7s.bin;se burn 83000000 0 800000

This is the code that I put, when I rename the pendrive file to v8nova.bin I also change this code by the same file name but it does not do anything, someone to help me thanks. I tried differents firmware and still nothing

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTmedia V8 Nova stays with green led and does not turn on // GTmedia V8 Nova se queda con led verde y no enciende

Post by Feralkiwi »

The file needs to be the software for the Nova you have, ie orange or blue.
You need to unpack the software from the .zip folder.
If your PC shows the file after you unpack it as just "V8Nova release" with no .bin, this is because your PC is hiding the .bin file extention, so only rename it "flash"
Use a USB stick, not a SD card and holder.
The USB needs to be fat32.

Use the remote that came with the nova to repeat press Menu when you power on.
Is that fails try using the same version of software that was in the nova when it crashed, or aan older version from the download page.

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

josebest25

Re: GTmedia V8 Nova stays with green led and does not turn on // GTmedia V8 Nova se queda con led verde y no enciende

Post by josebest25 »

Feralkiwi wrote:The file needs to be the software for the Nova you have, ie orange or blue.
You need to unpack the software from the .zip folder.
If your PC shows the file after you unpack it as just "V8Nova release" with no .bin, this is because your PC is hiding the .bin file extention, so only rename it "flash"
Use a USB stick, not a SD card and holder.
The USB needs to be fat32.

Use the remote that came with the nova to repeat press Menu when you power on.
Is that fails try using the same version of software that was in the nova when it crashed, or aan older version from the download page.

Good luck

Owen

thanks for answer friend, i did that but not work that is because i am using the rs232 cable, i did everything like you said but not work, and with the pc software it seems to do something but the last step it not working. I downloaded the tool for refresh GTMedia V7S/V8Nova Box(13/03/2019) in the tools section but like i said is not working.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

As you said you see odd letters, check that you RS232 setting are correct for baud rate.
When you do the flash.bin recovery you should see the screen on your tv say Upgrading do not turnn off or something like that.
If you did not see that check that your USB light flashes when you power on and press menu.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

josebest25

Post by josebest25 »

Feralkiwi wrote:As you said you see odd letters, check that you RS232 setting are correct for baud rate.
When you do the flash.bin recovery you should see the screen on your tv say Upgrading do not turnn off or something like that.
If you did not see that check that your USB light flashes when you power on and press menu.

Owen

this is what shows me

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

In the "Other" section on the download page you will find my note on RS232 recovery for the V8 Finder.
They may help.

The flash.bin should work.

Owen

josebest25

Post by josebest25 »

Feralkiwi wrote:In the "Other" section on the download page you will find my note on RS232 recovery for the V8 Finder.
They may help.

The flash.bin should work.

Owen

the yellow line is the rs232 connector

thanks, i already read and did with the tcom software and not work either, when you say flash.bin you are talking with the pendrive and pressing menu on the remote? because that didnt work, i tried with differents pendrive, 1gb, 4gb, 16gb and nothing

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Your yellow arrow is pointing at the USB port, the RS232 is on plug lower.
I mentioned my notes on the RS232 recovery for the V8 Finder for the software use issues, not for the connection, as you show it is via a plug in so is easy.

I don't have use of cut and paste or I would paste the full flash.bin note here, but if you search the forum using "unpacked" and look back a few pages you will see my full responce.

I had had issues with new versions as use for flash.bin recovery. I have found the using the version you had in the unit when it failed worked.
Yes try different USB sticks, but also try different software versions.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”