V8 Golden turns off

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ogmios

V8 Golden turns off

Post by ogmios »

So i bought a v8 golden. After i turn it on it works for about 30 minutes then it turns off completely. I replug it but doesnt turn on again. If i leave it unplugged for about 3 hours and then plug it again, it works for about 5 minutes than turns off again. If i leave it for days unplugged it works for about 20 minutes. Is it a hardware problem? It seems very strange to me. Anyone has any idea?

ogmios

Re: V8 Golden turns off

Post by ogmios »

Also to add: I have tried different Firmwares and the problem is still there

ogmios

Post by ogmios »

Someone help me!!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi. I had a 2 sat units from another maker that did this.

The fault was that 2 electrolytic capacitors were missing from the board.
These capacitors are larger components, 8mm round by 12mm long, and need to added to the board by hand.
When missing, over voltages happen, as they did with the units I had.

Here are two pics, One with the caps and the other without. They are missing from the right hand side.
There are other caps missing as well.

Weather this is the problem you have I or not I suggest you contact the seller for a replacement.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

ogmios

Post by ogmios »

This is a picture of my V8 Golden hardware. Do you see anything that is missing? Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_20161230_104834.jpg
IMG_20161230_104834.jpg (4.65 MiB) Viewed 4091 times

goodog

Post by goodog »

Seal broken warranty void so no need to contact your supplier anymore.

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

Today, A new STB, I do V8 super fall down on ground and hook in front of panel one side broken. after upgrade firmware and check STB is Ok. may be I will good luck to reach the new year 2017. LOL. :P :P :D :D

I see your STB. can not say any thing missing. Please you check your firmware and try upgrade. I don't know your STB problem or any. The first my freesat v8 golden is occur reboot after turn on a few minute . I must be upgrade firmware with RS232 cable and first time, I learn and study about my STB.

nico

Post by nico »

It would seem a hardware problem, but you broke the seal sticker of warranty when you opened the cover, your seller might make problem for a replacement.
However try to contact him or try another power supply with the same voltage rating, equal or higher current rating and the same polarity.

12V
2A
- --Co-- +

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ogmios wrote:This is a picture of my V8 Golden hardware. Do you see anything that is missing? Thanks!
This is a pic of my working V8 Golden.
IMG_6617.JPG
IMG_6617.JPG (308.48 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
The half of the board I can see of yours looks to have its caps.

I would check with your supplier.
As for warranties. The two units (Not Freesat) that I pictured earlier could have been sent back for warranty replacement, BUT!
The cost of return postage was the same as the cost of buying a new one.
Clearly they were faulty, but the supplier at Aliexpress just wanted them back or no money.
You know this when you buy things but it is still a pain.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”