SAT>IP Protocol?

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

2ami

SAT>IP Protocol?

Post by 2ami »

is V8 support standard sat>ip protocol? can it generates/export its playlist in m3u files?
thanks

Rambo

Re: SAT>IP Protocol?

Post by Rambo »

no . only can push the fta channel to mobile !
Day Day Up!

2ami

Post by 2ami »

i'm planning to connect v8 to my kodi box, i'm hoping that v8 can somehow generate all of its channel list to m3u file, or else push all of its channel list to kodi through addon, so this stb can act like sat>ip server so we can connect to all devices, another potential we could watch all channel that this stb could not decode, such as 4k or 4:2:2, please upgrade the software

AlVal

Post by AlVal »

I find it a bit unclear what exactly the v8 super supports in terms of sat>ip - is it a server? are you supposed to leave the box on the channel which you want to view on your mobile?

you just leave the box on that channel, or you need to leave the box in some other state?

Thanks

I've tried bubbleupnp on the mobile, no luck - setting renderer to "local renderer" on the mobile, and library to the device name of the satellite box, which it does see/find

SatEze

Post by SatEze »

AlVal wrote:I find it a bit unclear what exactly the v8 super supports in terms of sat>ip - is it a server? are you supposed to leave the box on the channel which you want to view on your mobile?

you just leave the box on that channel, or you need to leave the box in some other state?

Thanks

I've tried bubbleupnp on the mobile, no luck - setting renderer to "local renderer" on the mobile, and library to the device name of the satellite box, which it does see/find
I'm experiencing the same thing.

erkanerbis

Post by erkanerbis »

I'm also very interested to use the sat to ip function in my LAN to stream it to my mobile phone and windows client.
But no idea how it works?

Can someone help or show the way how we can use the sat to ip function.

2ami

Post by 2ami »

the stb and your mobile or pc should be in the same network
stb - set sat2ip to on
mob - use moliplayer - click hdd box - pick a channel to play
pc - use vlc - go to universal pnp in local network - click hdd box - pick a channel to play

i copy it from here
http://satelitemania.blogspot.co.id/201 ... droid.html

if you could do me a favor, once you can play it on vlc, could you please take a screenshot of codec information windows and post it here, i just want to know wether v8 uses rtmp or upnp as link, thanks

Yankee495

Post by Yankee495 »

Make sure you install the UPnP plug-in for VLC.

You should have UPnP under Local Network when you click View> Playlist.
If you don't have UPnP install the UPnP plug-in for VLC.

erkanerbis

Post by erkanerbis »

Thanks for the information's.
First test with VLC doesn't work. After upgrade to latest version of VLC they work.

Here i attached the codec information that you wish my friend.
Attachments
sat to ip.png
sat to ip.png (774.37 KiB) Viewed 13460 times

2ami

Post by 2ami »

thank you for screen shot, hmm v8 uses http instead of rtmp, my prediction was wrong
good luck buddy

vaxi
网站管理员

Post by vaxi »

Can you fix subtitles into sat2ip mode, it dont send subtitles to vlc on pc :(

Yankee495

Post by Yankee495 »

vaxi wrote:Can you fix subtitles into sat2ip mode, it dont send subtitles to vlc on pc :(
I think if you turn them on in VLC they will work. In Codecs it says text and Subtitles. I think it sends them, can't check right now.

vaxi
网站管理员

Post by vaxi »

hmm, it sends it but i try 3 different players but there are nothing :cry:

2ami

Post by 2ami »

have you tried kodi?

2ami

Post by 2ami »

the only player i know that can read subt from dlna content only kodi, but i could be wrong since i dont own v8

vaxi
网站管理员

Post by vaxi »

2ami wrote:the only player i know that can read subt from dlna content only kodi, but i could be wrong since i dont own v8
Same problem with kodi :( :? :cry:

Garabet

Post by Garabet »

Is there anyone who can use SAT>IP feature on any tv?

I have Samsung 2012 model E series tv. It shows the SAT>IP server on the DLNA list and i can see the favorite channels in it but when i try to play it, the tv immediately returns with an error code by saying something like "cannot play this video". The tv can play .ts video file format without any problems when i open a .ts file from usb hdd but it refuses to play V8 Super`s SAT>IP .ts streams for some reason

Yankee495

Post by Yankee495 »

Garabet wrote:Is there anyone who can use SAT>IP feature on any tv?

I have Samsung 2012 model E series tv. It shows the SAT>IP server on the DLNA list and i can see the favorite channels in it but when i try to play it, the tv immediately returns with an error code by saying something like "cannot play this video". The tv can play .ts video file format without any problems when i open a .ts file from usb hdd but it refuses to play V8 Super`s SAT>IP .ts streams for some reason
It's probably encrypted like Aaron is talking about above.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Garabet wrote:Is there anyone who can use SAT>IP feature on any tv?

I suspect rights protection may be the problem.
I have many file that the freesat STB's will play but the Sony Bravia will not and that are the same file format as other files that do play.

Even a TV show recorded on one Veon TV will not play back on another Veon TV.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

SatEze

Post by SatEze »

erkanerbis wrote:Thanks for the information's.
First test with VLC doesn't work. After upgrade to latest version of VLC they work.

This looks like you're using VLC for the DLNA option not the SAT>IP option? Was this playing a live Satellite TV channel or playing back a recorded video using VLC? What version of VLC are you using?

2ami

Post by 2ami »

sat>ip gonna be the future of sat, someday they will put this tech onto lnb's, so no more stb required, then all the stream and channel can be played directly on any devices in our house, some tv and tablet has implemented sat>ip client features, but this tech still in development, hope freesat will improved this features

Yankee495

Post by Yankee495 »

SatEze wrote:

This looks like you're using VLC for the DLNA option not the SAT>IP option? Was this playing a live Satellite TV channel or playing back a recorded video using VLC? What version of VLC are you using?
No, we use UPnP in VLC. Click view Playlist and click on UPnP (Universal Plug-n-Play). If you are using Linux install the UPnP plug-in for VLC.

VLC will show V8 Super in the Playlist. Click on it and it'll show all channels that are in your currently selected Favorites. So, if you put 20 channels in Favorite group "Movies" you'll see those channels but the box has to be on a channel in that group. If you put `10 Channels in "News" it'll show those 10 channels but the box has to be on a channel in that group.

I'm trying to find a good free app for my Android 5.1 Phone now.

SatEze

Post by SatEze »

Yankee495 wrote:
SatEze wrote:

No, we use UPnP in VLC. Click view Playlist and click on UPnP (Universal Plug-n-Play). If you are using Linux install the UPnP plug-in for VLC.

VLC will show V8 Super in the Playlist. Click on it and it'll show all channels that are in your currently selected Favorites. So, if you put 20 channels in Favorite group "Movies" you'll see those channels but the box has to be on a channel in that group. If you put `10 Channels in "News" it'll show those 10 channels but the box has to be on a channel in that group.

I'm trying to find a good free app for my Android 5.1 Phone now.
It doesn't seem to work on Win10 pro using VLC. Win 10 pro briefly sees the V8 super and it quickly disconnects.

erkanerbis

Post by erkanerbis »

SatEze wrote:

No I use the SATIP option. I see the 128 first channels or the favorit channels on the VLC player and select 1 of the channel. After then i stream the channel. DLNA is also works from Windows 10 if you right click to a video and select Cast to Device and see the HDD Box.

Both works fine. But you must select the channels that you want to stream to you network (SATIP) as favorite channels. Otherwise the first 128 channels will be showned. I hope in next firmware update it will be nice if all channels can be select.

Yankee495

Post by Yankee495 »

SatEze wrote: It doesn't seem to work on Win10 pro using VLC. Win 10 pro briefly sees the V8 super and it quickly disconnects.
Sorry, I forgot this part. It is working but VLC doesn't have the keys.

It will not work with scrambled channels. There is a place in VLC to input keys. Try an FTA channel and it'll work or input the keys in VLC.

Go to Tools> Preferences > then click All Settings.
Then go to Input / Codecs> MPEG-TS> CSA Key

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”