How to Record a Specific Channel on V8 Super?

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

mitigator

How to Record a Specific Channel on V8 Super?

Post by mitigator »

I have been trying to record one specific channel on my V8 Super Receiver - BUT when I select Channel 203 the V8 for some reason selects and records Channel 205 (instead of Channel 203) on Satellite Galaxy 99.0W Tp 3904. I am using a 128 GB Flash Drive plugged into the USB Port into the back of the V8 Receiver. There are 8 channels on that Tp but I can't record the Program I need on Channel 203. I tried to record another Channel on Satellite SES 101 but for some reason the V8 choses to record the Alternate channel on that Tp which only has 2 channels on it!! Is there a way to record one specific Channel or does the V8 decide to record at random any channel on the Tp? Is there any way to fix this and record directly on one specific Channel? Any replies would be very much appreciated.

toomanyreceivers

Re: How to Record a Specific Channel on V8 Super?

Post by toomanyreceivers »

First thing, there is no such thing as "Galaxy 99.0W Tp 3904".
If your channel list is messed up that may be the problem.
I was thinking you may have meant Frequency 3904 on 99w but again there is no 8 channel mux there.
Transponders (TP)'s for C-band only go from 1-24 on most C-band satellites.
Your info you posted is not clear enough.

I have never had a problem recording by just going to the channel and pressing the record key and let it go.

mitigator

Post by mitigator »

Thanks for your reply. The Tp I posted on Galaxy16 C 99.0W was in error - it should have read - 4002 H 26399. This is 13 of 26 Tp's I have scanned in on 99.0W. When I go to the Rec Menu my V8 immediately drives all the way up to Satellite 139.0W Before I can even select my 99.0W Satellite Tp. This is a problem that should be corrected by Freesat Software Engineers or Designers. This running up to Satellite 139.0W problem can only be corrected / prevented by shutting off my Satellite Von Weise Actuator (Dish Motor) with the VBox III Remote Control BEFORE Pressing the V8's Record Button.

Manual TV Channel Recording on V8 Super:
Once I have Selected My Channel on 99.0W which is Lesea 7 / Cozi TV I go thru the Manual Record Settings: Sat = Galaxy 16C 99W, TP = 13/26 4002 H 26399, Frequency = 04002000 kHz, Symbol Rate = 26399, Polarity = H. Then I scroll down to Start and press OK and TS Capture comes up and Recording is started until I Press OK again and the recording is stopped. I then go to USB Storage Device in the Menu to play the Recording. And every time I play this recording whether its for 60 seconds or longer the V8 records a different Lesea Channel?? Not Cozi TV but a different Lesea Channel --why??

The same thing happens on Satellite 101C for Me Tv Channel. There are only 2 Channels on Me Tv Tp 3727 V 9999 - they are: Me Tv and Me Tv Alternate. But every time I try to record on Me Tv the Recorded Information for Me Tv Alt 1 HD is displayed??? Tp 3727 is 9/19 Tp's scanned in on SES 101C. What am I missing here? Is there another way to do recording of individual TV Channels?? When you press the Record Button does your V8 Super take off and drive all the way up to Satellite 139.0W? Please let us know the procedure you use to record channels since you mentioned that you have never had a problem by just going to the Channel on the V8 Super Receiver. Any replies would be very much appreciated.

toomanyreceivers

Our V8 does not control the dish as it is used as a slaved receiver.
Here you just go to the channel and press the record button and it starts recording.
However your explanation is much better than most others have tried saying so hopefully the engineers will see it and take notice that if the receiver is used to move the dish the recording feature does not operate properly.
This would not be detected if the receiver was used as a slave receiver (one that does not move the dish).

mitigator

Post by mitigator »

Not too sure what you are saying. Because Slave or no Slave as soon as you Press the "Record Button" in the V8 Menu the "Record Menu" immediately comes up and you have to scroll down to "START" to begin Manual Recording. Are you using a V8 Super Receiver? Its also necessary to check if the Tp for the Channel you are on is there, and there is proper S and Q signal for your Tp - otherwise it won't record - it will say No Signal when you Press Start for the TS Capture!!

The only way this Manual Recording seems to work for the Channel you are on is if there is ONLY One Channel per Tp - such as "Decades" on SES 101. If there is more than 1 Channel per Tp such as on Me Tv with 2 channels on Tp 3727 on SES 101, or Cozi TV on 99.0W where there are 8 Lesea channels on Tp 4002 then it looks like the V8 just choses a Channel at Random to Record on. Can V8 Freesat Engineering please help here? I realize these inquiries are for North America West Satellites but is there any possible way to Record on a a specific Channel on a Tp with more than 1 Channel on East Satellites? Any replies would be very much appreciated.

toomanyreceivers

Unless your doing a timed recording (which we have not done here), why not just press the red record button on the bottom right of the remote to record the channel. That is the way it is done here.
This bypasses your menu screens and may be your workaround to the dish taking off.

I do see that if you are in the record menu screen it defaults to the first satellite on the list.
This should be changed to the satellite your currently on to avoid the dish running away where you do not want it to go.

I posted this in blue so the engineers can see it and hopefully fix this issue in an future firmware update.

mitigator

Post by mitigator »

toomanyreceivers, thank you very much for your valuable Info & Tip on Pressing the Red Button on the Bottom Right of the V8 Remote. As you mentioned it works very well for Recording Individual Channels on Tp's no matter how many channels are on the Tp - great stuff!!

Also wondering if under DVR Config should "Time Shift" be ON or OFF? What does it do, and under Jump, there are 5 settings: 1 Min, 5 Min, 10 Min, 5 Sec, 10 Sec, and 30 Sec. What are those Jump Settings for?
Any replies would be very much appreciated.

toomanyreceivers

mitigator wrote:toomanyreceivers, thank you very much for your valuable Info & Tip on Pressing the Red Button on the Bottom Right of the V8 Remote. As you mentioned it works very well for Recording Individual Channels on Tp's no matter how many channels are on the Tp - great stuff!!

Sometime the simplest things are right in front of us and we just do not see it. Glad you finally have this one off your check list.
mitigator wrote:Also wondering if under DVR Config should "Time Shift" be ON or OFF? What does it do, and under Jump, there are 5 settings: 1 Min, 5 Min, 10 Min, 5 Sec, 10 Sec, and 30 Sec. What are those Jump Settings for?
I do not know as I have not personally gone into that menu screen, You could try it out and test it to see, What could it hurt?
Trial & error are many of the ways it is done to figure things out.
If you do please post back your report.

Yankee495

Post by Yankee495 »

mitigator wrote:
Also wondering if under DVR Config should "Time Shift" be ON or OFF? What does it do, and under Jump, there are 5 settings: 1 Min, 5 Min, 10 Min, 5 Sec, 10 Sec, and 30 Sec. What are those Jump Settings for?
Turn Time Shift ON. Time Shift is delayed playback (and rewind etc). The 1, 5, 10 minute jump specifies how far you want it to jump forward or backward when you hit the left/right arrow keys...the ones that look like VCR remote buttons, not the main left/right with the OK in the middle.

Time shift works like this. You need to go get some popcorn to go along with your movie! :D

To pause, hit the pause button. When you return you hit play and the movie continues. When you come to a commercial just hit jump right (forward) and it'll jump 3 minutes (if you set jump to 3 minutes)! There is also rewind and fast forward that you can use to move any number of seconds, or minutes etc. The red button is record. Everything is just like a VCR but VCR's didn't have jump.

Somewhere on this forum I read that time shift doesn't work on scrambled channels but you can record them which doesn't make sense to me. Can anyone confirm that?

mitigator

Post by mitigator »

Thanks for the valuable info Yankee495.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”