Serious problem with the keys

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

goodog

Serious problem with the keys

Post by goodog »

The contents of Conditional Access will be totally wiped with a few power off and on restart. All the pre-entered keys gone! This happened with 12.06 and 12.24 firmware. Also if you do a usb firmware dump, all the keys won't come along with the dump.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Serious problem with the keys

Post by Feralkiwi »

The keys are cleared during a software upgrade.
To save them before you upgrade the software, go to the conditional access menu and use the "Export" feature to save your keys to USB in the "softcam.key" file.
After upgrade you can reload the key by doing an "Import".

You can look at you softcam.key file using notepad on your PC and add extra codes to the file too.
After an upgrade you will also have to reset your time, AV and on screen settings too.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

goodog

Post by goodog »

Upgrade software, import export keys to me is as simple as doing 1+1.

Just do a few on/off restart the box will clear all the keys for you, no need software upgrade. This bug is a special gift for V8S+G since 12.06 upgrade.

At first some one told me that I didn't believe, now I am 100% convinced as I am facing the problem myself. Do some restart today and when next day you can't watch Sony ESPN in 68.5E anymore, the keys are gone for sure.

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

If you need upgrade new firmware only and no need change data setting of your set top box such as channel list, CCCam data set, softcam.key or IPTV list.
You can upgrade new firmware select choice "Main Code" . After reboot, you have new firmware upgrade and data still perfects.
Please try this.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have been running the latest software since it came out and my keys are fine. I power ON OFF 3-4 times a day.
I have had some software crashes requiring power off on.
goodog wrote:Do some restart today and when next day you can't watch Sony ESPN in 68.5E anymore, the keys are gone for sure.
I find two sets of channels that my unit has to find the keys for every day.
MTN worldwide and A F N.
Both change their code daily. The V8 Golden only finds the A F N code once in an hour when they include something in the video signal that the Freesat unit uses.

Question:
Are all your keys gone or just the Sony 68.5E keys?
If you look at the softcam.key file, are there keys for the Sony 68.5E channels there?
Here is what a code looks like in the softcam.key file:
P 0000 00 5BB685E40EAABD;2590:04020:28000:H ; DirecTV
P 0000 01 96D71BE6B2F98F;2590:04020:28000:H ; DirecTV
The number in blue is the satellites longitude, this example is for 101W
Your Sony satellite at 68.5E will have the number 0685.

It maybe that Sony is changing their code.

I see on lyngsat.com/Intelsat-20 that the Sony channels are listed as being "Powervu" and "videoguard"
Is this also causing your problems?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

goodog wrote:The contents of Conditional Access will be totally wiped with a few power off and on restart. All the pre-entered keys gone! This happened with 12.06 and 12.24 firmware. Also if you do a usb firmware dump, all the keys won't come along with the dump.
I had this happen to me for the first time. All code were wiped.

I was testing with Newcam card sharing via the net.
After this my V8 Golden (software V556) had lost all codes.

As this has never happened before I assume it has to do with card sharing.

Blue for engineer to note!
Question for goodog:
Were you also using card sharing?
Owen

vvb29

Post by vvb29 »

Yes, I confirm, BISS keys spontaneously disappear, I have already talked about this here, but nothing has changed, in the new versions of the firmware the problem has remained.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

vvb29 wrote:Yes, I confirm, BISS keys spontaneously disappear, I have already talked about this here, but nothing has changed, in the new versions of the firmware the problem has remained.
Please were you using a card sharing service when the code disappeared?

Owen

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

I am also having this problem for some time. yes is has something to do with CS
this is what i observed. when cs is working smoothly there will be no problem.
But if cs crashed or something happened, After next power up all the keys are gone.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

kolithawick wrote:I am also having this problem for some time. yes is has something to do with CS
this is what i observed. when cs is working smoothly there will be no problem.
But if cs crashed or something happened, After next power up all the keys are gone.
Yes.
I did not get card sharing to work and I lost my codes.

There have been many crashes with these boxes and I note that most happen when there is low signal / quality, in particular on HD channels.
I think this is due to the software using TOO much memory trying to fix a problem, and over writes other memory that is use for things like setup and codes.
This would be solved if the programmers set memory use limits for all parts of the software.

Blue for engineers to note.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”