New Freesat V8 Golden Firmware (20/01/2017) Questions?

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

mrslv

New Freesat V8 Golden Firmware (20/01/2017) Questions?

Post by mrslv »

What about bugs that exists in previous versions?
Did you fix problem with freezing?
Did you fix EPG?

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: New Freesat V8 Golden Firmware (20/01/2017) Questions?

Post by cpr43 »

These are the issues address in this release:

change log:
1) Can record radio channel .
2) timer record bug.
3) add FTA only select when cable/T2 searching menu
4) some channel no sound output.
5) Modify Portuguese string.

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

Sounds interesting, you can record radio now BUT.... if your device is not freezing!!! :)
In previous firmware version, new UI of EPG was introduced BUT... EPG data was not visible :)
The EPG is terrible anyway (both UI).

Wonderful ! :lol:

I think the most important for any device is reliability...

keagans96

Post by keagans96 »

mrslv wrote:What about bugs that exists in previous versions?
Have you contacted Freesat on this issue?
Have you tried making a recording of problem and sending it to Freesat?
If they can verify problem then maybe they can fix it.
If you ask too many different questions you may only get an answer to one they choose to answer so best to stick to one problem at a time.
I found they are very good at trying to make their receiver better but they do need some assistance from users.

Vezebez1

Post by Vezebez1 »

I really would like to ask freesat team to solve freezing with more than one CLINE.

This is I believe one big showstopper for using freesat receivers more.

EPG and other things are problematic, but this freezing is really showstopper for using it and please please solve it in this firmware release.

toomanyreceivers

Post by toomanyreceivers »

Vezebez1 wrote:I really would like to ask freesat team to solve freezing with more than one CLINE.

This is I believe one big showstopper for using freesat receivers more.

EPG and other things are problematic, but this freezing is really showstopper for using it and please please solve it in this firmware release.
While I have not used any cline I do not have nor see Freezing problem.
In another thread someone posted about sending a recording of the problem to Freesat to explain to them what is going on.
If they can not re-create it the problem will not get fixed.
So sending them a recording of it may help with an explanation of the possible reason why.

No idea what the EPG problem is either. :(

May be the receiver is maxed out in CPU usage and can not handle what everyone wants.

I just looked at another receiver that another company put out and it was much worse then the V8 Super by a mile!
So Freesat has a decent product here, may not be perfect but it is better then it's competitors.
Now if they would update their PowerVu keys for all those channels in N.A. the freesat receiver would be at the top of the list!

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

keagans96 wrote:
mrslv wrote:What about bugs that exists in previous versions?
Have you contacted Freesat on this issue?
Have you tried making a recording of problem and sending it to Freesat?
If they can verify problem then maybe they can fix it.
If you ask too many different questions you may only get an answer to one they choose to answer so best to stick to one problem at a time.
I found they are very good at trying to make their receiver better but they do need some assistance from users.
Dear keagans96, I've contacted freesat many-many-many times. You can follow many posts on forum. I've sent many e-mails, describing the problems!
Many other customers did the same! I've been also upload TS file. They don't care about that! While I, you and other customers writing in forum, they earn money, selling this device! Please don't buy this device until freesat fix the problems!!!!!

I bought another device from different brand. It is not good but is very reliable. At this moment I don't use freesat device. If freesat fix bugs... may be I'll start using it again. Until bugs are not fixed, I'll keep this device ready for garbage!

I own v8 Golden for 10 months! I have problems from the beginning! All time I've been asking ONLY 2 QUESTIONS - Did you fix problem with EPG and starting from firmware that follows version 3.31 - Did you fix freezing?

Are 2 questions too many???

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Firmware (20/01/2017) Sound!!

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi All

I find that the new version has added the extra sound feeds (0000) for every channel.
This came up a few software version back and was fixed in the last two that I remember.
This looks like the software is adding a audio feed selection for the second half of stereo.
I note this:
V8 Golden Change Log V499 wrote: --------------------------------------------------
1) Can record radio channel .
2) timer record bug.
3) add FTA only select when cable/T2 searching menu
4) some channel no sound output.
5) Modify Portuguese string.
--- Thanks Bruno Igreja took many time to modify many strings.
The problem is that for many channels the audio is selected for the second feed, the "0000" DEAD audio.
I pressed the audio button on the remote and selected the correct audio feed and it changed back on some channels.
New channels scanned in are set to the second feed "0000".

Looks like to do . . . "4) some channel no sound output" . . . they have reverted back to the problem code.

I've gone back to V475

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

After checking, some channel no sound audio such as Thai sound audio, English sound audio, Please take care.

Change channel or change satellite on remote control usually found both no signal and no quality all channel, then turn off
and reboot again. this is bug.

Thanks for Owen.

Vezebez1

Post by Vezebez1 »

Hi guys, but just please give us a reference to a freezing problem with more than one CLINE.
We do not have any info about it in new firmware.

Whether it will be fixed or not.
Or if you need more inputs for it

I really am fond of freesat receiver and I am using v8 super, but freezing stops me from using it more extensively.

Thanks

keagans96

Post by keagans96 »

mrslv wrote:I've contacted freesat many-many-many times. You can follow many posts on forum. I've sent many e-mails, describing the problems!
Many other customers did the same! I've been also upload TS file. They don't care about that! While I, you and other customers writing in forum, they earn money, selling this device! Please don't buy this device until freesat fix the problems!!!!!

I bought another device from different brand. It is not good but is very reliable. At this moment I don't use freesat device. If freesat fix bugs... may be I'll start using it again. Until bugs are not fixed, I'll keep this device ready for garbage!

I own v8 Golden for 10 months! I have problems from the beginning! All time I've been asking ONLY 2 QUESTIONS - Did you fix problem with EPG and starting from firmware that follows version 3.31 - Did you fix freezing?

Are 2 questions too many???
You have a valid point there. I have not seen freezing problems on my v8 super so I may not understand why you have that problem.
I would like to see them add the N.A. powervu keys to receiver and have gone to competitor's receiver but that one is way more buggy than freesat.
I have seen many complaints on the golden receiver but not as many on the V8 Super.

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

Now, this new firmware I did not found freezing but only no thai sound audio problem in code tha audio.
Sometime, did not show signal and quality and TV hang or freeze, must be reboot STB.

fmo2

Post by fmo2 »

hi, here is the firmware new 21\01\2107 v8 ????

ginesndh

Post by ginesndh »

Hello friends, in v8 super happens exactly the same as in v8 golden, I do not understand that they take updates and do not try and know the failures anntes to launch it. I think this is a XXXX, for my freesat I cease to exist, I now have an amiko 8150 and it is wonderful. :lol:

zcache

Post by zcache »

Hi all,
Look like new firmware version going better but not.
1. Recognized my CA Card better than previous version but not all the time still unknow card message show up and slow to descrambled channel (Compare with V8 Pro).
2. New problem discovered, no sound in some audio channel example THA(0000) ENG(0000) SND1(0XXX) SND3(0yyy), all chanel with (0000) it silent.
3. After few moments it not respond I don't know what happen, I turn it's switch off and back on it working well again and after few momets it going slow working like it frezz...

So sad, hope they fix the problem quickly soon..
Last edited by zcache on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
V8 Golden /Tested with v.643 20/12/17 properly recognized my irdeto CA card. :D

Tarun.S

Post by Tarun.S »

I was really happy to see extended support for conax cards, but not at the cost of loosing my existing irdeto card. After firmware update, it now detects my conax card but it's showing "unknown card" for my irdeto card.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

zcache wrote: 2. New problem recover no sound in some channel example THA(0000) ENG(0000) SND1(0XXX) SND3(0yyy), all chanel with (0000) it silent.
Hi Zcache

The new software has set some channels to the second audio feed, a blank feed set to APid 0000.
Use the audio button and select the first audio feed to fix.

I found that it changed back to "0000" on some channels so I when back to the older software.

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

fmo2

Post by fmo2 »

ola amigos,

melhorou mas estamos no mesmo , falo da situaçao por cabo em portugal , unicamente cabo.

nao faz uma busca automatica em todas as qcam, so as faz em qcam 64 e 256 em busca automatica, todas as outras nao existem na procura, simble rate claro.

existem muitos canais em qcam 128 e o problema se mantem , a box nao os encontra , melhorou mas nao está de forma alguma a funcionar em plenas condiçoes.

deveria de fazer uma busca automatica em todas as frequencia e nao de 8.000 em 8.000 mil , pois a nivel de frequencias as intermedias nao sao vistas e bem como as qcam em simultaneo , coisa que a busca nao o faz.

deveria de melhorar o firme , pois julgo para o bem de todos os utilizares por cabo unicamente, somos deveras penalizados.

deixo aqui o meu alerta para melhorar e o faço de uma forma construtiva sempre, mas estes sao os erros que devem e teem de ser melhorados , para o bem da v8 goldem....... e seus utilizadores claro por cabo.

obrigado a todos.
Last edited by fmo2 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fmo2

Post by fmo2 »

Hello friends,

Has improved but we are the same, I speak of the situation by cable in portugal, only cable.

It does not make an automatic search in all the qcam, only it does in qcam 64 and 256 in automatic search, all the others do not exist in the search, simble rate clear.

There are many channels in qcam128 and the problem remains, the box does not find them, it has improved but it is not in any way working in full conditions.

Should do an automatic search in all frequencies and not 8,000 in 8,000 thousand, because at the level of frequencies the intermediate are not seen and the qcam simultaneously, which the search does not.

I should improve the firm, as I judge for the good of all you use by cable only, we are really penalized.

I leave here my alert to improve and I do it in a constructive way always, but these are the mistakes that should and should be improved, for the sake of v8 goldem ....... and its users clear by cable.

thank you all.

satdog

Post by satdog »

Good that efforts are being made to improve the firmware, but why fix the minor problems before the major ones ? Maybe minor ones are easier to fix, but we all want the major bugs fixed. It would be great if someone on the Freesat team at least tell us what improvements they are currently working on - please !

boubouche32

Post by boubouche32 »

Hi Freesat team

we still waiting for un update on V8 box that enables as see french channels ca..l+ and ca..s.t
I understand the new firmware must integrate oscam system

greetings

sashikbest

Post by sashikbest »

When do you make choosing languages in youtube application like russian?

pasodan

Post by pasodan »

Feralkiwi wrote:
zcache wrote: 2. New problem recover no sound in some channel example THA(0000) ENG(0000) SND1(0XXX) SND3(0yyy), all chanel with (0000) it silent.
Hi Zcache

The new software has set some channels to the second audio feed, a blank feed set to APid 0000.
Use the audio button and select the first audio feed to fix.

I found that it changed back to "0000" on some channels so I when back to the older software.

Good luck

Owen
Hi,

My language is portuguese and I tried this solution, but sometimes it do not work.
I think that the best solution is downgrade the firmware.

Cheers,

Paulo

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

No sound,what's the solution? Downgrade?
Freesat V7 HD

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Ricardo wrote:No sound,what's the solution? Downgrade?
Yes down grade to restore sound as many others have done.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”