help,grey diagnostic screen after upgrade

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ed123

help,grey diagnostic screen after upgrade

Post by ed123 »

hi All,

I tried to do an upload on my v8super tonight and when it powerd back up it's displaying a diagnostic looking screen.The only remote controls are the up/down/left/right and ok buttons.On/off no longer work.There is something that looks like restoring factory defaults at the bottom but selecting that and pressing Ok just turns off the receiver and it turns back on to that screen.If I plug in usb stick a box comes up displaying "USB drive detected OK" I press ok and nothing happens.It was the latest software upgrade on this site in downloads.
Did I brick it somehow?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: help,grey diagnostic screen after upgrade

Post by Feralkiwi »

HI Ed

Put a copy of the software on to a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the usb in the V8, power on while pressing "Menu" on the remote.
The unit should reload the software and re boot.

You can then reload your channel list and Softcam.key files.

Email me a photo of the screen that comes up. I would be interested to see what that is.

Owen
Last edited by Feralkiwi on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added photo request.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

ed123

Re: help,grey diagnostic screen after upgrade

Post by ed123 »

Hi Owen,
I wish they freesat would have put a reset button to go back to the old firm ware like the android boxes.
I sent you a detailed step by step( pm)let me know if I missunderstood something.It seemed to be trying to download from the usb but the usb only blinked a couple of seconds then after about 3 minutes of waiting I got the factory screen of death.Boy o boy it isnt difficult to mess one of these up! all I wanted to do was to start all over again bc I was up to 1200 channels on a satellite that has only 120 channels.
The manuals for these things are the size of a crackerjack toy

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”