Please Fix Sat ip

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

sickboy

Please Fix Sat ip

Post by sickboy »

Having extreme difficulty being seen by some clients on the same network then have random communication problems before the box freezes up and needs a reboot.

I am trying to use Kodi as a client but even when it sees the v8 it refuses to play any streams. I am running the latest firmware - 504.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Please Fix Sat ip

Post by Feralkiwi »

I got sat2ip going using my Alien A3 STB (Andriod) and VLC as the receiver.
My XP laptop would not do it.
even got HD to transfer.
Some times I found that if I selected a channel from a sat and then changed to another channel from the same TP it came up.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

Yes VLC seems about the best client for this but it's still less than reliable.

Did you get any powervu channels to work or just fta ? Also it seems the DLNA feature only puts the v8 in client mode don't know if that agrees with your findings ?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes I did get encrypted channels, both Biss and Powervu and HD.
I did not do anything with dlna.

There was quite a write up on sat2ip early days on this forum.
I think it was Yankee495 who posted on that.
Good luck.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

Yep i read all that.

To rule out network issues i did a test. I plugged my tv and the v8 to a network switch that was not connected to the internet then issued each a static ip. They were the only two things on the network besides the switch itself. Result was the same: flaky discovery by vlc, kodi and the built in app. When discovered still would not play a stream.

May have a hardware issue related to the port or controller ic. Lord knows alot of crap from China comes hand soldered. May disassemble it and have a look...

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I did my sat2ip using cable instead of WiFi.
Of note while I was doing sat2IP my Sony smart TV used the internet via the HDMI cable through the V8 STB.
I have even heard of the Sony TV's using refrigerators WiFi as a network connection.
Luckily for me I brought a NON WiFi Sony TV, no cable no spying on me.

Owen

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

I used ethernet cables as well, not wifi.

Will have to inspect this hdmi over wifi thing - i have a sony smart, too.

I browse by satellite not favourites so my channel list is not often "All" and that seems a problem for satip. And no matter what i do i can't play an encrypted stream.

Still working on this but my patience is wearing thin.

nanerson

Post by nanerson »

sickboy wrote:I used ethernet cables as well, not wifi.

Will have to inspect this hdmi over wifi thing - i have a sony smart, too.

I browse by satellite not favourites so my channel list is not often "All" and that seems a problem for satip. And no matter what i do i can't play an encrypted stream.

Still working on this but my patience is wearing thin.

I had a lot of troubles with SAT2IP too. My Box was working better with the oldest firmware. Seems the problem is the "network discovery" from Windows machines or some kind of network protocol that freezes SAT2IP function. With a lot of power off/power on in STB i can play sat2ip on windows machine with VLC for some minutes (before crash).

I can play encrypted channels with CCCAM function. If you configure a server and play channels with CCCAM, sat2ip can decrypt the channel too.

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

I tried many firmwares including the oldest I could find and still flaky as hell.

As for Windows interfering with network discovery see above. I isolated the v8 from the network completely and it still refused to act properly.

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

My interest in satip is not in using vlc as the client though I of course used it in troubleshooting. I found vlc to be the most reliable program to use as a client.

I want to stream the v8 to a kodi client built into my 4k smart tv. I've verified by editing the 4k channels with a valid vpid they can be recorded to a usb stick and played back. In this way I was hoping to add the uhd and 4:2:2 channels to a favourite list and export them via satip to kodi, which uses the televisions codecs to decode and display them.

nanerson

Post by nanerson »

eumesmo wrote:It works, kind-off, sometimes i does not change channel right away, i need to stop channel that is playing and after a few seconds try to open new channel.
I will make a manual as soon as a got time, on how to create the m3u file.

Woow! Great news!

Please make it as soon as possible. i bought my V8 Super just because the SAT2IP function.

Thanks

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

Excellent. I've looked at the url's created by the satip function and couldn't correlate the variables to fec, symbol rate etc - I was thinking the same thing about creating my own playlist as well.

I also copied one of the links and pasted it into a browser and found it retrieved the .ts stream just fine.

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

Thanks for that. It's a good workaround but HOW are these links generated ? I would guess changing the database in some ways (scanning in a new sat, etc) would make the links invalid as new ones are probably created dynamically which means starting over again.

Too bad freesat can't just fix it.

Am interested to hear what you find out about kodi.

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

6875 - I think you mean symbol rate.
3946117 - 3946 transponder frequency ? 117 could be related to polarization and diseqc settings

I wonder if the channels are stored as such in the receiver and there is a lookup routine run to find a match when satip is "on" and and there is an incoming request . When found the channel is tuned and streamed out the lan port.

That could be the extent of their satip implementation.

willybony

Post by willybony »

I bring up this topic, please a new firmware is neccesary to fix sat ip.

maxsatdk

Post by maxsatdk »

I have function links ending .TS working well in VLC palyer, when i transfer them to V8 IPTVLIST they start after abt 10 -20 sec they lock .. any idéars how to get them working ?? using new firmware ..

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”