Can your support answer my emails?

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

goodog

Re: Can your support answer my emails?

Post by goodog »

Bye, good luck!
Before V7 Max never freeze but now they are freezing also, don't know what have they done to the newest firmware??

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

eumesmo wrote:your support is bad, you don't even bother answering emails or your Skype,
Just asked for a RS232 Log enabled firmware for V8 Golden, so i can help you fix the freezing problems, but as pasted 3 days and no answer from you support.

I will not buy another product from you, and will tell my clients to buy another brand.

V8 Pro works fine but Golden and Angel are very bad products.

Good bye!
Don't expect anymore help from me, as you don't really care.
Hello, please send the question to the following email!

service@freesat.cn
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

bigreja

Post by bigreja »

done that right now, hope i get som answers!

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

eumesmo wrote:still no answer!
Dear eumesmo,
Don't expect anything!!! The problem with freezing exists for more than half year! I wrote many, many times for this and other problems. But with every new firmware things are getting worst. Instead of fixing bugs, freesat team is introducing new non-working extras and new bugs! Probably freesat are very-very small team (1-3 persons) and they are not really developing this product but just use some base software and playing with options.
If you are so interested in this product, you can try to search the base software (i know that other products are using same software) and if you can, you can modify it.
I think also, that probably, some hardware problem causes freezing and not only. This device don't work stable with network. And i am pretty sure that not only software is full with bugs.
Anyway, I am not expecting anything from freesat and you should do the same!!!

toomanyreceivers

Post by toomanyreceivers »

mrslv wrote:
eumesmo wrote:still no answer!
Dear eumesmo,
Don't expect anything!!! The problem with freezing exists for more than half year! I wrote many, many times for this and other problems. But with every new firmware things are getting worst. Instead of fixing bugs, freesat team is introducing new non-working extras and new bugs! Probably freesat are very-very small team (1-3 persons) and they are not really developing this product but just use some base software and playing with options.
If you are so interested in this product, you can try to search the base software (i know that other products are using same software) and if you can, you can modify it.
I think also, that probably, some hardware problem causes freezing and not only. This device don't work stable with network. And i am pretty sure that not only software is full with bugs.
Anyway, I am not expecting anything from freesat and you should do the same!!!
It would be good to see them address the freezing issue.

I still like the V8 Super better than any other receiver out there.
Other receivers have different problems and some are much worse then Freesat.
I do not believe there is a perfect one out there yet.
However, I have found Freesat willing to listen if giving the chance.
Take it outside the forum in an email to them for possible solution as that may work better.

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

eumesmo wrote:you support really sucks, finally you have sent me he debug firmware, and i have sent you a couple of logs with the freezes, and asked your support if they would need more log data, and until today i'm still waiting.
I have the impression that your support thinks i want full firmware to open a business of V8 clones.
I just want my problems and my costumers problems with your STB to be fixed, you could sell a lot more, if things worked smoother.

best regards
Bruno Igreja
After you have seen logs, do you think the problem is in firmware or it is possible that hardware is bad designed?

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

eumesmo wrote:
mrslv wrote:
eumesmo wrote:you support really sucks, finally you have sent me he debug firmware, and i have sent you a couple of logs with the freezes, and asked your support if they would need more log data, and until today i'm still waiting.
I have the impression that your support thinks i want full firmware to open a business of V8 clones.
I just want my problems and my costumers problems with your STB to be fixed, you could sell a lot more, if things worked smoother.

best regards
Bruno Igreja
After you have seen logs, do you think the problem is in firmware or it is possible that hardware is bad designed?
Logs don't tell too much, but it seams to be software related, in the network software they use, lwIP - A Lightweight TCP/IP.
maybe a bug in the version of lwIP, or a bad implementation use.
STB freeze occurred after a ping timeout to a cccam server, maybe that's why someone have posted in the forum that using one server it didn't freeze.
I was using only one cccam server and device freezes again. But this does not mean that pings are not timed out. Now I am using another device from different brand. They are using SAME base software. Everything is almost the same. Device never freezes. EPG is better, but again not what expected. I am following this forum to make my device working again. I have opened both devices and there are many hardware design differences. If I open devices again, I'll take more comprehensive look to mark differences. As software is the same, I think that more or less architecture is also similar.
Something that makes me thing that I am not right about HW problem is that version 3.31 of v8 Golden is working much better that new ones. Again not stable enough, but better. Again - my new device (different brand, same software) works with no problem.

happygolucky

Post by happygolucky »

If your set freezes so much just send it back to where you bought it for warranty claim, this should the right way right? As an educated software developer don't Banned Word here and Banned Word there, looks like an uneducated barbarian!

raybr17

Post by raybr17 »

Again for the umpeenth time there is a known issue of V8 Pro making a VM superhub reboot when using a cam. This is poor to say the least. My enigma box works flawlessly as a second box its damn the V8 Pto near useless.

goodog

Post by goodog »

V8 Pro = Enigma? Same price?

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

happygolucky wrote:If your set freezes so much just send it back to where you bought it for warranty claim, this should the right way right? As an educated software developer don't Banned Word here and Banned Word there, looks like an uneducated barbarian!
Dear happygolucky,
While we are waiting Freesat to solve the problem or to say where is the problem, warranty period has finished.
Freesat does not give an answer if the problem is in hardware or in firmware.

Beleive me I'll never make same mistake - buying device from China, without confirmation from customers that everything is fine.
This is one of two reasons I am in forum - warning customers that v8 Golden is piece of tin, until now! It works only if you are lucky.
Second reason is my hope that freesat will solve the problem or acknowledge that they can't handle it!

raybr17

Post by raybr17 »

It doesn't really matter about the price the Pro is in effect a triple tuner of sorts. I purchased it for this reason, a similar enigma box is far more expensine , as was my current enigma triple tuner.
However the argument here is, that it does not work as expected, and I quote from an email from freesat....

"Yes. we found the cccam or newcam caused some cable modem reboot. we don't find the root cause till now.
sorry!

thanks for your selecting our box.
Br,

Freesat Service Team
service@freesat.cn "

This was back in in December with no Pro updates since September 2016, So the question or rather statement posted originally by eumesmo stands. That being they are unwilling or unable to fix problems. Why not allow the software to become open source and let the clever guys fix it.

Thanks

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

Holy chit excellent work man. This seems like childs play for you. I hope the freesat people see it as a win-win.

And this is a little premature but if they actually work with you (and you're interested) you should start a unified bug tracker thread to get many outstanding issues FINALLY taken care of.

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

And I knew that satip implementation was for Banned Word I and others could never make it work reliably if at all. Put that on your list :)

pleasehelp

Post by pleasehelp »

eumesmo wrote:hello, is anybody out there? that can answer emails?
I hope you can find a fix for the hub crashing,keep mithering them mate.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”