DiSEqC 1.2 positions

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Ilja007

DiSEqC 1.2 positions

Post by Ilja007 »

Is it possible to make more positions in DiSEqC 1.2 motor menu? It is only 1...63 positions here, but I have a large antenna with at least 80 positions (another receiver is able to drive to them). I use Titanium Satellite ASC1 positioner which have memory for 180 positions.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: DiSEqC 1.2 positions

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

I have had a play with this and YES.

I altered the user data file "V8 Golden_db03042017.bin" using a hex viewer program.

First I compared two user data file, one that I had changed the position numbers in for a few sats.
The compare function showed me where the position numbers are in the file.
See this screen shot of the comparison.
Position numbers.JPG
Position numbers.JPG (237.62 KiB) Viewed 5046 times
The bottom file is the original and the top file has my changes.
I changed position "06" to "41". this is hex so (4x16)+1=65
"42"=66 and "43"=67.

One of my DiSEqC positioners does not move on command from the STB to a position entered manually on the positioner box.
The other one does move to a position I have set using the positioner box remote.
I set position 66 on the position box and when I select that satellite on the V8 Golden it moves to position 66.

One down side is that when you go to the DiSEqC move setup screen in the V8 Golden it shows "Null" in the position number with the data file altered to position 66 (42 Hex).

It does work if your mover box moves to manually set positions.

Good luck and be careful with your file when you alter it.
Doing a compare with the sats position change for one file helps to see where to change the numbers.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Rambo

Post by Rambo »

:o
thanks Owen!
Day Day Up!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Rambo wrote::o
thanks Owen!
The software uses the larger position numbers.
All that's needed is to allow the entry screen to enter larger position numbers.
Something to add to the updates in the software.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Yankee495

Post by Yankee495 »

Wow Owen,

I get it. I know about hex and hex editing and see what you did there. It should be able to do 256 positions with two characters of storage space, from 00 to FF hex. I would think you can't use more than the two character hex entry and 256 would be plenty! If the firmware file is too difficult to modify to allow 3 digit entry with the remote then 99 would be the limit. You know what I mean, it may have too many places where it would error on a 3 digit decimal position entry, then again, it may not. I think my mover stores 99 positions so that would be good enough.

And yes, just fix the code so it allows the entry of larger position numbers. I'm sure it checks against a set number and that number may be all that needs changed. It does a "If entry>3F then reject". Change that to 63 or FF if possible (63 HEX=99 and FF HEX=255). 3F is hex for decimal 63 and it just so happens that 63 is hex for decimal 99. I wonder if the coders meant to enter 63 HEX for 99 positions and got confused and entered HEX for 63 instead, 3F, leaving us with 63 positions, not 99.

That feature would set the V8 apart from all of the rest because I don't think any others allow that many positions.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”