v8 golden signal with and without DiSEqC switch

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: v8 golden signal with and without DiSEqC switch

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes it is much the same for me here with my scope.
What I did was compare the ripple with the 22kHz tone signal.
Have a look at my posting here re the ripple on the V8 Finder.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

Check again voltage that supplies V polarity. It should be around 13V. Probably voltage is much higher. Switch produces voltage drop and voltage goes below threshold for H polarity. Or.... just use always a switch.

rj2010

Post by rj2010 »

kolithawick wrote:I got V8 golden about two weeks ago. it is connected to two dishes through DiSEqC switch (Ku and C) working ok.
yesterday i remove DiSEqC switch and connected directly to C dish.
in C band also only few TPs ok. others no signal.
DiSEqC connected again all C band TPs ok.
Why this happened? problem in V8 tuner. pls help me.
I once had that same issue with my v8 Golden.. And when i removed switch no tp was working.. And did a rescan and all transponders pop up same frequency everything the same but this time with signal quality.. That i found strange that the channels that was scanned with switch attached doesn't show signal if i remove switch and plug in directly.. But a rescan seem to work for me..
Freesat v8 golden,2* Freesat 7Max 2x 1meter disk ku, 1x 1.8meter solid dish, 1x 3.1meter dish. Receive from 22west - 78East :idea: Sat Hobbyist

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

mrslv wrote:Check again voltage that supplies V polarity. It should be around 13V. Probably voltage is much higher. Switch produces voltage drop and voltage goes below threshold for H polarity. Or.... just use always a switch.
I checked it with scope it is 14V. with 6V ripple it varies from 14V to 20V, this tend's to switch V and H
simultaneously I think.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

kolithawick wrote:I checked it with scope it is 14V. with 6V ripple it varies from 14V to 20V, this tend's to switch V and H
simultaneously I think.
How about the frequency? Was it the same as the 22kHz tone?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

Feralkiwi wrote:
kolithawick wrote:I checked it with scope it is 14V. with 6V ripple it varies from 14V to 20V, this tend's to switch V and H
simultaneously I think.
How about the frequency? Was it the same as the 22kHz tone?

Owen
6V ripple is tooooooo much. 18V is for H polarized transponders and 13V for V. Probably you are making mistake in measurement. If you are sure in how you are measuring line - may be device is damaged. Keep on mind that cable also introduces voltage drop. I am not sure what is the threshold where V and H polarity is changed. If you already opened your device, you can find how two voltages are made. If they are made simply from two separate voltage regulators, just measure the V polarity voltage regulator output. If it is close to 18V you should reduce it. The easiest way to do this is to put Diode with high forward voltage drop and current of about 1Ain series with line. You can put one or two diodes to reduce the voltage. But you have to be sure what are you doing! I've got same problem in other device and in that way I solved the problem. In my case two voltages are made from switching power supply.
Off course the best solution is to return the device to seller and ask for another - if you are under warranty conditions!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

mrslv wrote: 6V ripple is tooooooo much. 18V is for H polarized transponders and 13V for V. Probably you are making mistake in measurement. If you are sure in how you are measuring line - may be device is damaged. Keep on mind that cable also introduces voltage drop. I am not sure what is the threshold where V and H polarity is changed. If you already opened your device, you can find how two voltages are made. If they are made simply from two separate voltage regulators, just measure the V polarity voltage regulator output. If it is close to 18V you should reduce it. The easiest way to do this is to put Diode with high forward voltage drop and current of about 1Ain series with line. You can put one or two diodes to reduce the voltage. But you have to be sure what are you doing! I've got same problem in other device and in that way I solved the problem. In my case two voltages are made from switching power supply.
Off course the best solution is to return the device to seller and ask for another - if you are under warranty conditions!
I looked at the ripple on the V8 Finder and found it was much higher than the V7 or V8 units and was at 22kHz which stops the DiSEqC switching.

The unit kolithawick has with 6v of ripple sound like it has no electrolytic cap on the 18v supply.
Please have a look at my posting here re the V8 Finder.

Owen

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

Dear feralkivi
I opened the box couldn't identify the location of 18v supply. can u help me to find the component lay out of the box.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

kolithawick wrote:Dear feralkivi
I opened the box couldn't identify the location of 18v supply. can u help me to find the component lay out of the box.
Here's a pic of the inside of the V8 Golden.
P1014167.JPG
P1014167.JPG (1.13 MiB) Viewed 4896 times
The power supply area in question is at the bottom right.
The large round blue electrolytic Capacitor, EC13 is a 35v cap. (sorry Freesat I said earlier this was 25 volts, I have looked at so many units I should check each time.)
This component should not be "Bulged" or fitted the wrong way around.
My V8 Golden is older hardware and the caps maybe fitted by machine now with square basses.
Other power supply areas are bottom left with CP110 (not fitted) CP111 CP112 and next to bottom left with CP107.
The white line with the arrows marks the negative side of these caps and shows which way around they should be.

Owen

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

Thank you very much. These days I am busy with some other matter.
I will post the results when I check it.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”