Freesat V8 Finder

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

enkel

Re: Freesat V8 Finder

Post by enkel »

When I put in wifi card rt5370 to port usb I got info: Wifi card is inserted. But there are no option with network in the menu. I wish there was no support for network and cccam.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes we have asked for encrypted support on the V8 Finder.

We wait.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

phiiangtawan

Re: Freesat V8 Finder features

Post by phiiangtawan »

Hello everybody,

I am interested in the Freesat V8 Finder. There are some open questions.
There are DVB-S and DVB-S2 channels displayed on the display?
Unicable I or II or both is supported? Means for example can I activate a
Unicable frequency with the finder to get a signal from a Unicable LNB?
Thank you very much for your info.

Thank you for info!!!
Last edited by phiiangtawan on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes the V8 Finder does both DVB-S and S2.

NO. The finder will not work Unicable.

The finder's power supply has a ripple at the same frequency as the 22kHz switching uses.
The V8 Finder acts like it has 22kHz "ON" at all times.

This means that no device that needs 22kHz instructions can be used:
No DiSEqC switches or movers.
No USALS movers.
No Unicable.
No Universal low band LNB
No Twin LNB that uses 22kHz to switch

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

alimbjbr

Post by alimbjbr »

Dear All,

I have some questions: My new Freesat Finder V8 two days before upgraded to latest dated Software (14/08/2017) but there are some satellite are missing! is it possible to add them all on pc? it will be fast and easy to me. Please tell if there are any procedure to do it.
And is it possible to edit any encryption keys like Powervu,Viaccess ,,,,etc.

kindly guide me step by step......

Regards

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

You can use the DB Editor. The V8 finder is the same programming as the V7, so set "V7" when you start the editor.

As for encrypted channels, NO.

Owen

alimbjbr

Post by alimbjbr »

Thank's for your kind replay, but one more question i tried to add new satellite in new file only accept 10 Satellites after that im getting message "can't add satellite anymore" Why??? I have saved my file as "UserDb File.bin"

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

That is odd.

I have 40+ sats on mine.

I have had V7 units say "Out of Space" and have fixed this by deleting the last sat I added.
I looks like the unit missed the "End" flag in the file and then thinks all the space is used.

I also have had things change from the editor file back onto the unit, like sats in different order etc.

Owen

alimbjbr

Post by alimbjbr »

Dear Sir,
Could you share your satellite file or guide me step by step how to solve this problem?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you have a V7HD or V7 Combo you can use the files from them.

If not your best choice is to manually enter each satellite into the V8 Finder and the blind scan each sat.

Owen

mineirao

Post by mineirao »

I live in Brazil and I bought this locator, I'm trying to update your softwere and when I put the pendrive in the finder v8 appears message that is connected, but does not appear message to update, why? What should I do to fix this?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

mineirao wrote:I live in Brazil and I bought this locator, I'm trying to update your softwere and when I put the pendrive in the finder v8 appears message that is connected, but does not appear message to update, why? What should I do to fix this?
To upgrade you need to go to the Tools menu and "USB back up" your user data to USB. The ssdata is the best to use.

After that do a USB Upgrade, selecting the "Main code" and then select your software file (eg Freesat_20170706V8SatelliteFinder.bin) for your V8 and start.
You must unpack the .rar or .zip folder and use the .bin file inside.

Owen

mineirao

Post by mineirao »

Feralkiwi wrote:
mineirao wrote:I live in Brazil and I bought this locator, I'm trying to update your softwere and when I put the pendrive in the finder v8 appears message that is connected, but does not appear message to update, why? What should I do to fix this?
To upgrade you need to go to the Tools menu and "USB back up" your user data to USB. The ssdata is the best to use.

After that do a USB Upgrade, selecting the "Main code" and then select your software file (eg Freesat_20170706V8SatelliteFinder.bin) for your V8 and start.
You must unpack the .rar or .zip folder and use the .bin file inside.

Owen
thank you friend! everything went well, I followed in his steps, I am grateful.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

nure

Post by nure »

Feralkiwi wrote:New V8 Finder software posted.

Owen
Latest sw what's new bro?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I had not updated since the July one.
I find there is a "Blue" button instruction added to the channel list to show you how to access the "satellites" list.

I have not played any further than that.

Owen

Tiny bisrat

Post by Tiny bisrat »

:lol: ሰላም ጤና ይስጥልን ውደ የፔጃችን ተከታዬች ዛሬ ይዤ የመጣሁት ስል dvp finder biss ኣሞላል ነው support የሚያረጉ ዲኮደሮች Gsky V5 /V6/V7 እና LEG N24 /A25 ናቸው በነዚህ ዲኮ ደሮች biss code የሚሰሩ ቻናሎች ለመሙላት መጀመሪያ ከታች ያለውን dvp finder application install እናረጋልን በመቀጠል የስልካችንን mobile data እንከፈታለን በመቀጠል የጫነውን dvp finder apk እንከፈታለን አፕሊኬሽናችን ላይ የbluetooth ምልክቱን እንጫናለን፡ ለምሳሌ የምንከፈተው ቻናል varzish ከሆነ varzish ላይ በሪሞታችን ok እናደርጋለን ከዛ televisionችን ላይ የdvp finder barcode ይመጣልናል፡ ስልካችንን ላይ ባለው dvp finder application ከbluetooth ቀጥሎ ያለውን barcode reader ok እንላለን ከዛ ስልካችን camera ይከፈታል ከእስከሪናችንን መሀል ላይ አራተ ማእዘን ያሳየናል ከዛ ስልካችንን ወደ television እናስጠጋልን በመቀጠል barcode እንዲያነበው እናደርጋልን፡ ከዛ ትኒሽ እንጠብቃለን በመቀጠል ስልካችነ መሀል ላይ ቁጥሮች ይመጣልናል ያንን ቁጥረ በሪሞታችን ok ብለን ቁጥሩን እንሞላልን ከዛ save ኣረገን እንወጣለን ከዛ ቻናሉ ይከፈታል ማለት ነው፡፡ ገልፀ እንዲሆንላቹ ከታች ያለውን photo ይመልከቱ፡፡

Tiny bisrat

Post by Tiny bisrat »

ይህን አፕሊኬሽን ሞባይላችን ላይ በመጫን ብቻ በ Biss Key የተቆለፉ ማንኛውንም ቻናል መክፈት እንችላለን ይሔንን ለማድረግ ደግሞ ማንኛውንም የ LEG N24 OR LEG A-25 ሪሲቨር የመጨረቫው ሶፍትዌር የተጫነበት ወይም Gsky ሪሲቨር ካላችሁ አንድ በቢስ ኪ የቆለፈ ቻናል ላይ እናደርጋለን በመቀጠል ምንም ሳይቆይ ራሱ QR code ባር ያመጣልናል ከዛ ስልካችን ላይ የተጫነውን አፕሊኬሽን እንከፍታለን በመቀጠል ኢንተርኔት ዳታችንን እናበራለን እና በስልካችን QR Code እስካን ማድረጊዋን እንከፍትና የቴሌቪዥኑ እስክሪን ላይ ያለውን ኮድ በካሜራችን እስካን ስናደርገው ወዲያውኑ ባለ 16 ዲጅት ኮድ ይመጣልናል በሪሞታችን OK ብለን ኮዶቹን ስናስገባ የምንፈልገው ቻናል ወዲያውኑ ይከፈታል ማለት ነው
ቻናሉን ይቀላከሉ https://t.me/samidishinfo

ሳሚ ዲሽ
0947383333 :lol:

RustySpoons

Post by RustySpoons »

Please add the facility to remove the battery gauge and mute audio when using the HDMI out,
it makes the HDMI pointless as you can't mute the internal speaker.

For example when you press the "B.Light" Button the internal speaker mutes and the battery gauge is removed so you can use the HDMI.

RustySpoons

Post by RustySpoons »

I guess I'm wasting my time, I'll do a review of the Freesat V8 Finder on Youtube and my blog explaining what this cant do and recommend the Satlink instead.

Shame really, could be a great product.

rozo16525

Post by rozo16525 »

my gtmedia v8 finder is always in quality singnal 30% even whith the lnb disconnected.I did the fimewiare aupgrade and nathing happen
is any soluccion on this one let me know please

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Check you have the correct LNB setting for your dish.
Also there is a menu option for LNB power OFF.

Owen

albeknight

Post by albeknight »

I did turn LNB off still shows quality 30%

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”