I have a problem with Freesat V8 Finder

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

gin

I have a problem with Freesat V8 Finder

Post by gin »

I have a problem with Freesat V8 Finder, just attack the cable to the tuner turns off.
To my system there is no problem because I have other receivers connected without any problems. I thought I'd update the Finder V8 with another firmware, but will not let me update, a window appears with the words "File isn't matching with this firmware" then I tried to rename it flash.bin but I have the same problem, could you help me please? Many Thanks.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: I have a problem with Freesat V8 Finder

Post by cpr43 »

Latest file is here. It should load fine

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1746

gin

Post by gin »

I tried to upload it but ..
Attachments
v8.jpg
v8.jpg (13.64 KiB) Viewed 4684 times

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

I just did mine and updated fine. I used All Code. Also loaded the north america DB fine. Make sure you are loading Freesat_V8SatelliteFinder in the post I mentioned. Delete your file and download it again from here.

gin

Post by gin »

I managed to successfully load the firmware, but unfortunately the problem remains.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi Gin
I have a problem with Freesat V8 Finder, just attack the cable to the tuner turns off.
Please have a look at my posting in this forum.

When your V8 finder turns off can you turn it on again with out having to put it on to the charger first?
Mine did this and I think it is due to the LNB over current protection cutting power and the battery level thinking there is a low battery at the same time.

I have also seen the screen go blank when I have used mine. It normally comes back on in a few seconds.

Is your finder turning "off" or just blanking the screen? If you press the "back light" button the screen goes blank and if you press it again it comes on again. There is a small delay in it turning on so wait a few seconds.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

gin

Post by gin »

Thank you! I loaded the battery and now and the problem has disappeared, but how could the battery icon not give me the battery out?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

gin wrote:Thank you! I loaded the battery and now and the problem has disappeared, but how could the battery icon not give me the battery out?
The battery level indicator in the V8 Finder is not that good.
When the LNB power turns on there is a current surge and if the battery level is tested at that moment it will look like it is low and will shut off.

When the Finder finds a low battery level it will not power on again until it finds a level that is high enough to indicate it has been re charged.
The same thing happens if you remove and replace the battery from the finder.
This is standard lithium iron battery protection. LI batteries fail for ever if they are fully discharged.

Re charge your finder often to be safe.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”