HOW TO FIX SHORT CIRCIUT ON FREESAT/SWITCHES

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

rj2010

HOW TO FIX SHORT CIRCIUT ON FREESAT/SWITCHES

Post by rj2010 »

I Finally figured out how to fix my short circuit on my switch every time i switch between port1 and say port3 it wont switch to port 2 if its on port 3. but it only switch if i remove the cable from that port?. I change my cables that seem to fix it.. but now i got two extra freesat v7Max decoders.. and now my problem is back.. or was back.. Thanks to OWEN for giving me a tip on what the problem may be.. As it indeed was a over current short on the switch.. but never the less i found a solution.. im sharing it here on freesat hoping this may help others if they have the same problem?..
Attachments
solder the doide and mark what side current pass
solder the doide and mark what side current pass
4. solder the doide and mark what side current pass.jpg (392.39 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
Cut a small piece of the wire in between
Cut a small piece of the wire in between
3. Cut a small piece of the wire in between.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 2314 times
Diode used
Diode used
2. Diode used.jpg (384.7 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
On port3 picture on port1
On port3 picture on port1
1. On port3 picture on port1.jpg (312.76 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
Last edited by rj2010 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freesat v8 golden,2* Freesat 7Max 2x 1meter disk ku, 1x 1.8meter solid dish, 1x 3.1meter dish. Receive from 22west - 78East :idea: Sat Hobbyist

rj2010

Re: HOW TO FIX SHORT CIRCIUT ON FREESAT/SWITCHES

Post by rj2010 »

Picture seems to play
Attachments
7. look like a fly lead.jpg
7. look like a fly lead.jpg (336.65 KiB) Viewed 2312 times
6. Picture playing Seems to work no showing port3.jpg
6. Picture playing Seems to work no showing port3.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 2312 times
5. Connect to Switch.jpg
5. Connect to Switch.jpg (442.39 KiB) Viewed 2312 times
Freesat v8 golden,2* Freesat 7Max 2x 1meter disk ku, 1x 1.8meter solid dish, 1x 3.1meter dish. Receive from 22west - 78East :idea: Sat Hobbyist

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

rj2010 wrote:I Finally figured out how to fix my short circuit on my switch every time i switch between port1 and say port3 it wont switch to port 2 if its on port 3. but it only switch if i remove the cable from that port?. I change my cables that seem to fix it.. but now i got two extra freesat v7HD decoders.. and now my problem is back.. or was back.. Thanks to OWEN for giving me a tip on what the problem may be.. As it indeed was a over current short on the switch.. but never the less i found a solution.. im sharing it here on freesat hoping this may help others if they have the same problem?..

Hi rj2010

By "my short circuit on my switch" do you mean that the set top box (V8 or V7) LNB over current protection is tripping in?

I have found that if you have had a real short circuit (center wire to ground) on a port of a DiSEqC switch, that the port will be "ON" always.
This means that the LNB from that port is always connected as well as any other port you connect to.
I do not think that this is what is happening for you.
Note for all:
Center wire to ground shorts can occur when you touch the center wire of the "F" connector to the grounded metal of the LNB or dish.
The dish is grounded by being connected to the roof and that is connected to the STB or switch by the cables form the other dishes.
Never disconnect or re connect a cable to a LNB with the power on.

Back to your diode.
This diode may be slowing the current surge or limiting the current with the 0.6v drop.
It may be replacing the diode shorted in the switch by a previous cable fault.

Did you try using different ports on the switch and see if the switching problem was still present?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

rj2010

Post by rj2010 »

Hi Owen..
Yes iv try all ports all did the same... I it was frustrating..
But the diode solution fixed it for me.. No signal drop nothing that iv noticed just working fine.. I didnt want to go buy extra parts and accessories so i thought of the diode and now all ports switch. From 1-8 at moment only using the 1-3 but planning on adding more just patiently waiting for my twin lnbs..

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”