Freesat Dual tuner

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

rj2010

Freesat Dual tuner

Post by rj2010 »

Is there any freesat decoders available that have dual tuner? For pvr option? Pause rewind live tv, watch one channel while recording another, full realtime EPG support mp4,H264,H265?
Freesat v8 golden,2* Freesat 7Max 2x 1meter disk ku, 1x 1.8meter solid dish, 1x 3.1meter dish. Receive from 22west - 78East :idea: Sat Hobbyist

trev-nc

Re: Freesat Dual tuner

Post by trev-nc »

I'd been working with the Freesat guys for almost 4 months trying to produce the aptly named V8 'Toro' for the Spanish market. We'd agreed MOQ, prices and terms and I'd raised the collateral for a considerable amount of units FOB bound for Europe. We where within touching distance of creating a sample, then the Global Source exhibition came along in Hong Kong and I was put on hold which I accepted. Following the exhibition I was told that we cant get the EPG to work - the record on one channel watch the other is not feasible (Without either its a waste of time having twin LNB's) and I have heard nothing else since. Me thinks that they have an alternative buyer and I'm shelved, So until I hear something else.... I'll just sit on a wall somewhere and suck my thumb and watch the clouds passing by !
Attachments
Toro Rear.jpg
Toro Rear.jpg (165.02 KiB) Viewed 3487 times
Toro Front.jpg
Toro Front.jpg (128.08 KiB) Viewed 3487 times

rj2010

Post by rj2010 »

Hi Trev-nc..
It would have been great if the dual tuners where available for freesat.. I wonder if it isnt possible to get another dual tuner or other brand to see how it works.. Record one while watching another would be nice. In case there was 2 programs on and you dont want to miss tonight's Banned Word you can just record it.. The other brands doesn't have much support or updates.. As for freesat as soon as there is a bug they try to solve it..
Freesat v8 golden,2* Freesat 7Max 2x 1meter disk ku, 1x 1.8meter solid dish, 1x 3.1meter dish. Receive from 22west - 78East :idea: Sat Hobbyist

trev-nc

Post by trev-nc »

I currently have two V8's 1 in the Lounge the other in our Bedroom. My wife and I record most stuff in the bedroom and then we move the usb to watch at our leisure in the lounge and vise versa. So my £30,000 investment is now going elsewhere.

In all honesty I'd spent several months developing a channel list for the Intelsat 907 27.5 degree west which proved to be successful, which would have provided those outside the UK - particularly western Europe, North Africa, Portugal, the Balearics & the channel Isles with live BBC 1,2 & 4, ITV Channel 4 & 5 in HD. I'm pleased to say it worked perfectly!

My problem is that the BBC Satback is encrypted with Biss keys and therefore providing the Channel list would almost certainly prove to be illegal and I'm afraid to say I discovered that there are many expats charging ridiculous fees for streaming and would almost certainly report my actions to the authorities if they thought they was to loose their ill gotten gains,

I prefer to sleep at night !

anuar

Post by anuar »

hola donde comprar

trev-nc

Post by trev-nc »

I'm afraid you can't, (Hola donde comprar means: Where can I buy ?) All I do know is that Freesat is the only people with the latest, completely bug free channel list and I've no idea what their intentions are. Perhaps I was being used ? or they've struck a better deal elsewhere ! For obvious reasons I've destroyed all my work, But I can confirm that the V8 Golden can handle the 44100 symbol rate and accept a biss code. How to do it - you'll have to work that one out yourself... Start by creating the channel list which was relatively easy - couple of hours probably three; All the frequencies are well published and I just used the latest version of DBEditor which although needs a serious update proved to be successful. Matching sound with image was a ball ache but as I say Freesat has the original or I'm afraid its trial and error. I'm not going to get involved as I'm no longer interested, my friends have since set up with an Icecrypt 1650 and a second dish, free HD - well pleased.

Here on the 'Sol' there are many selling 'streamers' using android boxes, but these days are numbered as there's a court case - (a possible two to three-day trial) which was scheduled to start on May 8 involving Brian Thompson in the Teesside Crown court. The probability is that the crown will win and provide Trading standards with both clarity and direction; shortly after - servers will tumble and fines and compensation will follow. Me ? I'm keeping out of it as what the broadcasters provide these days I've probably seen it anyway.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”