Signal problem Freesat V8 Super

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

choco

Signal problem Freesat V8 Super

Post by choco »

Today arrived my new Freesat V8 Super. I have signal problem, lost signal and no comeback in hours. Other freesat v7 work fine but not the newone. Y upgrade to the last firm. Sorry my english. Its possible tuner ko? I have comunity antenna

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Signal problem Freesat V8 Super

Post by Feralkiwi »

Check what settings you have in your V7 Satellite Installation menu and set the V8 up the same way for each satellite.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

choco

Post by choco »

The same setup and dont work, ive contact with my suplier, iam sure its a defect box. Thx

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

choco wrote:Today arrived my new Freesat V8 Super. I have signal problem, lost signal and no comeback in hours. Other freesat v7 work fine but not the newone. Y upgrade to the last firm. Sorry my english. Its possible tuner ko? I have comunity antenna
Check and see that you have LNB power set to ON.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

With multi switch set ups I have had problems with these newer boxes.
I found that it would work if I added a signal splitter at the LNB connection of the V8 box.
This adds some current limiting and stops the uncommited DiSEqC switch resetting its settings.

Try adding a splitter at the STB.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

choco

Post by choco »

Feralkiwi wrote:With multi switch set ups I have had problems with these newer boxes.
I found that it would work if I added a signal splitter at the LNB connection of the V8 box.
This adds some current limiting and stops the uncommited DiSEqC switch resetting its settings.

Try adding a splitter at the STB.

Owen
Ok, i gonna try, thankyou

choco

Post by choco »

Nothing, no way. Dont work, ive tried at difrents friends houses and dont work.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

choco wrote:The same setup and dont work, ive contact with my suplier, iam sure its a defect box. Thx
This looks like your option now.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”