Freesat super v8 freezing

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

mrel

Freesat super v8 freezing

Post by mrel »

Hello
Have the Freesat super v8 receiver seem to freezing alot when the signal unstable the receiver freeze , have to unplug the receiver to get receiver to work again.
Is it the software that cause the freeze or bad signal?
The receiver seem to freeze alot.
Any idea how stop the freeze?
Thank for your help mrel

FRANOSO

Re: Freesat super v8 freezing

Post by FRANOSO »

cual es su firm actual?
cuantas lineas cccam tiene activadas ?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

mrel wrote:Hello
Have the Freesat super v8 receiver seem to freezing alot when the signal unstable the receiver freeze , have to unplug the receiver to get receiver to work again.
Is it the software that cause the freeze or bad signal?
The receiver seem to freeze alot.
Any idea how stop the freeze?
Thank for your help mrel
Hi mrel
I think that when there is a weak signal the receiver's video processor uses too much memory and over writes memory used by other parts of the program and that causes the crash.
I'm running the latest software on my V8 Golden and have had no crashes with weak signals so far.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

dcapper

Post by dcapper »

I know this topic is old but has anyone figured out a solution to this problem? I have three running and only one is locking up really bad. Only way to unlock is to unplug it. It works fine if you're not changing channels. Once you start changing channels, that's when it locks up. I know it's not a signal problem, since I put one of the other ones I have in and it didn't lock up.

saleupse

Post by saleupse »

For me the freezing problems were solved with the September firmware, but now with the latest November firmware they are back again.
80 cm Dish on Astra 19,2º with V8 Super.
Living in Spain, support also in German.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”