V8 Super, Media Player function

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Garabet

V8 Super, Media Player function

Post by Garabet »

There are some nuisances with the Media Player function for V8 Super.

When i set the aspect ratio option to Auto from the settings, the device enlarges all the movies to 16:9 ratio, which is quite bad for the movies with wider aspect ratio. I think there has to be a separate aspect ratio option specifically for the media player function, so we can change it during video play.

Also, the enlarge subtitles option does not work for the media player during video play. The subtitles still shown as small in size. Already, the font for both satellite channels and video playback is quite bad. Isn't it possible to use another font with bold option and bigger in size for both satellite channels and video playback? The current font is so thin&small and does not have any shadow effect for higher quality look.

It seems that the media player cannot decode DTS sound either. The movies with Dolby sound can be played fine when using pcm out option in the device menu but if the video has DTS sound, then i cant hear anything while playing it.

I am not sure about DTS sound issue but i think you can fix the rest of problems via firmware update. It would be great if you can do that

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”