V8 crashes using usb wifi adapter

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Waterreus

V8 crashes using usb wifi adapter

Post by Waterreus »

/ I have bought a freesat v8, which works perfectly but just using ethernet. But I have to use it with an usb wifi adapter. When I plug in this adapter, the v8 crashes and I have to switch off my freesat and restart it using the dc wire.
I have upgrade to the last firmware available but the problem keeps on.
What can I do?

Lot of thanks.

iq180
网站管理员

Re: V8 crashes using usb wifi adapter

Post by iq180 »

Waterreus wrote:/ I have bought a freesat v8, which works perfectly but just using ethernet. But I have to use it with an usb wifi adapter. When I plug in this adapter, the v8 crashes and I have to switch off my freesat and restart it using the dc wire.
What can I do?

Lot of thanks.
I have had that problem before, your WiFi dongle is shorted and no more good, get a new one, 1 more thing try another usb port first.
BTW, the one from an openbox or a Jynxbox will work.

Waterreus

Post by Waterreus »

iq180 wrote:
Waterreus wrote:/ I have bought a freesat v8, which works perfectly but just using ethernet. But I have to use it with an usb wifi adapter. When I plug in this adapter, the v8 crashes and I have to switch off my freesat and restart it using the dc wire.
What can I do?

Lot of thanks.
I have had that problem before, your WiFi dongle is shorted and no more good, get a new one, 1 more thing try another usb port first.
I tried it using the frontal usb port too and i had the same problem. The usb adapter has the Ralink rt5370 chipset, i read that it was the aproppiate.

Xsat

Post by Xsat »

Waterreus wrote:
iq180 wrote:
What can I do?

Lot of thanks.
I tried it using the frontal usb port too and i had the same problem. The usb adapter has the Ralink rt5370 chipset, i read that it was the aproppiate.
Yes, Ralink RT5370 is aproppiate.
My Comfast CF-WU730A 150Mbps is working good.

Waterreus

Post by Waterreus »

Thx, the problem goes on. I'm going to use an access point with rj45: Tp link WA850RE

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”