Satellite & Transponders database update option - freesat V8 Sat finder

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Tarun.S

Satellite & Transponders database update option - freesat V8 Sat finder

Post by Tarun.S »

• Hi Everyone,

I know that many of freesat fans would have purchased the new V-8 finder by now.

I'm also thinking about buying one soon but using my current sat finder from solid, I wish to know if there is an option in the freesat V8 sat finder to update the satellite and Transponders list using PC like by using Excel spreadsheet with the complete list?

What input plug does the sat finder has? (Cccam/powerVu/Tendberg/BISS)
    Is there any option to test Channels using Cccam (if USB WiFi Dongle is connected) OR option to input biss or powerVu key to check live reception if channel is encrypted?

HOW long does battery lasts on continuous usage?

Will wait for individual user reviews

Thank you

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Satellite & Transponders database update option - freesat V8 Sat finder

Post by Feralkiwi »

Tarun.S wrote: Hi Everyone,

I know that many of freesat fans would have purchased the new V-8 finder by now.

I'm also thinking about buying one soon but using my current sat finder from solid, I wish to know if there is an option in the freesat V8 sat finder to update the satellite and Transponders list using PC like by using Excel spreadsheet with the complete list?
The sats, TP's and channel list in the V8 finder is the same as for a Freesat V7HD so you can use the channel editor program.
Tarun.S wrote:What input plug does the sat finder has? (Cccam/powerVu/Tendberg/BISS)
Is there any option to test Channels using Cccam (if USB WiFi Dongle is connected) OR option to input biss or powerVu key to check live reception if channel is encrypted?
Curently the Finder has NO encrypted channel support. We have asked for this to be added.
Tarun.S wrote:HOW long does battery lasts on continuous usage?
I have had 2 hours of work with the finder.
Tarun.S wrote:Will wait for individual user reviews

Thank you
I have reviewed the Freesat V8 Finder here. Please read this.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”