Satellite.xml for V8

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

genius5000

Satellite.xml for V8

Post by genius5000 »

Is there anyway I could insert the latest satellite.xml file into the V8 by FTP or USB ?
Their satellite names really need to be up to date, also, lots of satellites are missing in there.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Satellite.xml for V8

Post by Feralkiwi »

You can use theDB editor to setup your own list and USB load that.
I would suggest only loading the sats and their TP, not the channel and then load it and do a auto scan for the channels.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

genius5000

Post by genius5000 »

thanks Owen,

this DB editor is not bad, but needs give a little more functions for various sort methods:

* satellite orbit positions sort
* channel lists' sort by individual column (name / VPID, etc)
* add HD sort
* allow rename satellites
* allow drag drop to FAV

Xsat

Post by Xsat »

Hey genius 5000
All of your questions posted on this forum were accomplished with DreamBox.
Reasonable Freesat's DSTB can not use FTP or Telnet.
Therefore, you can not use the tool you want in freesat.

toomanyreceivers

Post by toomanyreceivers »

genius5000 wrote:Is there anyway I could insert the latest satellite.xml file into the V8 by FTP or USB ?
Their satellite names really need to be up to date, also, lots of satellites are missing in there.
There is a bin file for the V8 Super and V8 Golden ( uses the same) I made up here:
http://freesat.cn/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=479
It was done some time ago as I had the same complaint that the satellites listed were lacking since many were missing and they pre-loaded so many tp's that were non-existent now.
I may have missed one or two sats in that list, I have not used it for over a year now as I have made up a new one.
With a good blind scan there is no need to load all the tp's in a receiver just get all the satellites in it without missing so many of them, but I guess they relied on people who just cared about a few satellites for their input in the receiver.

If you want to do it on your own, use the existing file that came with your receiver and edit it to your liking
using the editor program that Owen posted then delete all but 1 tp and re-name each sat beginning at your most Western sat then working back to the Eastern sat. Do it in order so you will keep the spot and will not have you satellites all out of order. It will take you a couple of hours to do it.

My personal list now has the sat degree then sat name for all my satellites c & ku separated.
Example:
C_139w_AMC_8
C_137w_AMC_7
C_135w_AMC_10
C_133w_Gal_15
C_131w_AMC_11
C_127w_Gal_13
C_125W_Gal_14
ku_125w_AMC_21
The example above came to me via a pm where someone mentioned it would be easier especially when they put up a new sat then you just change
the last part and it will not affect your sat location in your list not see it as a new listing. I found that it worked. Also your less inclined to miss a satellite.

When adding satellites make sure you list at least 1 tp on each satellite. Many receivers will act up if there is not 1 tp in them and you don't want to take the chance and ruin all your hard work.
It take time to get it done but it will be your work and you will reap the benefits from it in the long run.
My new list is now running on all 5 of the V8 Supers here for over a year and no one using them here has had a single problem with them.

genius5000

Post by genius5000 »

thank you @toomanyreceivers

but I've already changed the names of all the satellites, all manually by myself
I basically, just named them as their orbit positions, example: 19.2°E (not Astra).
from 85E to 67W, that's the range from my location.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”