V8UHD Recovery from Mars Firmware to Original Version (Complete Tutorial)

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

zyjzy

V8UHD Recovery from Mars Firmware to Original Version (Complete Tutorial)

Post by zyjzy »

1、 Tool preparation:

A. Serial port female head
B. Connect the wires properly (such as those purchased online with connectors, 3P, if the plastic connector size is not suitable, directly remove and discard it, leaving bare wires).
C. Open the front shell of the machine and connect the serial cable. Special attention: The TX line of the serial port head is connected to the RX port of V8UHD, the RX line of the serial port head is connected to the TX port of V8UHD, and the GND is connected to GND (commonly known as 5-5,2-3,3-2 cross serial port line)
2、 Insert the serial port into the computer, open the GTMedia_V8UHD upgrade tool (dedicated) software, plug in the machine, press the machine switch, and shut down.
3、 Download any original firmware of V8UHD, extract the. bin firmware, and place it on the desktop.

According to the settings shown in the figure below, COM1 is the serial output port (varies from person to person. My default is fine), open the Browser, select Binary Files (*. bin) as the file type below, and then open the V8UHD original firmware on your desktop. Check the include bootloader under the software.
4、 After selecting everything, click "Next", then turn on the V8 UHD power, and it will automatically load the software and start flashing. The process requires a few clicks on "NEXT", you just need to click on "NEXT".

5、 Until the following interface appears, you can click Exit to exit the software.
6、 The flashing is complete, connect the TV and see if the original version is back as you thought!
Attachments
1.png
1.png (143.99 KiB) Viewed 752 times
2.png
2.png (215.83 KiB) Viewed 752 times
3.png
3.png (305.89 KiB) Viewed 752 times

zyjzy

Re: V8UHD Recovery from Mars Firmware to Original Version (Complete Tutorial)

Post by zyjzy »

Why can't I upload a complete picture
Attachments
4.png
4.png (647.86 KiB) Viewed 732 times
5.png
5.png (412.68 KiB) Viewed 732 times
6.png
6.png (96.76 KiB) Viewed 732 times

zyjzy

Post by zyjzy »

Why can't I send it all at once??
Attachments
7.png
7.png (21.01 KiB) Viewed 700 times
8.png
8.png (16.52 KiB) Viewed 700 times
9.png
9.png (91.5 KiB) Viewed 700 times

jsilur

Post by jsilur »

no he podido recuperar ni equipo , lo actualice a mars y es un asco , el programa que da eñla pagina no me reconoce el puerto com , cable xomprado en Aliexpress

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”