SAT2IP

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

lamaquinabrito

SAT2IP

Post by lamaquinabrito »

Hello..
I'm new to the forum, I bought 5 fresat super, and I plan to buy about 10 more for the moment.
I am interested in the SAT2IP function, but I tried to use it in UDP protocol and it does not work for me, to recive the information in the UDP protocol. 0.0.0.0:port.

Any help or information will be very grateful. it is very important for me this function.
Thank you.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: SAT2IP

Post by Feralkiwi »

Sat2ip has been difficult to use.
I got it to work using VLC with an android unit as the receiver.

Searching these forums with "sat2ip" will give you the post for that.

This topic has some discussion on it.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

lamaquinabrito

Post by lamaquinabrito »

Hello Feralkiwi, thank you for responding.
  I have tried it with a satellite and VLC, and it has worked well. I need it for a modulator that receives udp / ts, SPTS, and MPTS.
Do you know what protocol Freesat uses, UDP?

This reciver has no place to put the destination port, IP is placed, but not the port.

Thanks for your help.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I don't know those things.
I tested once with sat2IP and don't use the net side of these units.

Hopefully some else can help.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

lamaquinabrito

Post by lamaquinabrito »

Thank you Feralkiwi,

you know which are the manufacturers of these receivers .... maybe they can give me a solution.

I need to know what protocol this receiver use to communicate.
Video over / TCP or UDP

thanks

pluton82

Post by pluton82 »

Hola tengo un freesat V8 golden y he estado haciendo los pasos para conectarlo por sat2ip, pero el ordenador no me lo reconoce, ni vlc ni windows media player. El receptor esta conectado a la red local porque responder a ping responde. Que pude ser el fallo?, tengo la ultima versión del firmware y conforme van saliendo voy actualizándola por si es cosa de firmware pero veo que no.

Alguien me podría ayudar, gracias

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Check your box is doing more than just a ping, test with maps to see if you are getting the net.

You need to first have it working with the net and then set "Sat2ip" to "ON".
Also the software for the pc can be tricky. I used kodi in a android set top box as my XP PC would not do sat2ip.

Good luck

Owen

Voayager

Post by Voayager »

Buenas tardes a tod@s, me preguntaba si a alguien más le pasa y si hay una solución para mi problema con satip. El caso es que cuando me conecto al deco a través del satip desde cualquier dispositivo y con vlc, puedo visionar los canales libres, pero no los descodificados por cccam, curioso, ya que en un principio sí se veían. Por cierto, estoy en el último firmware!!

Gracias.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

When I tested sat2ip I could watch scrambled channels that were decoded using code in the unit, like powervu or Biss.
Your problem here is with ccam channels.

Owen

pluton82

Post by pluton82 »

Feralkiwi wrote:Check your box is doing more than just a ping, test with maps to see if you are getting the net.

You need to first have it working with the net and then set "Sat2ip" to "ON".
Also the software for the pc can be tricky. I used kodi in a android set top box as my XP PC would not do sat2ip.

Good luck

Owen
He conseguido sacar la lista de canales en m3u8 a traves de un cable cruzado, conectado en freesat v8 golden y conectado en el ordenador, y lo he podido descargar la lista, pero ahora de vez en cuando se entrecorta, y ya creo que es cosa del router que no transmite bien, el wifi

Gracias

pluton82

Post by pluton82 »

Voayager wrote:Buenas tardes a tod@s, me preguntaba si a alguien más le pasa y si hay una solución para mi problema con satip. El caso es que cuando me conecto al deco a través del satip desde cualquier dispositivo y con vlc, puedo visionar los canales libres, pero no los descodificados por cccam, curioso, ya que en un principio sí se veían. Por cierto, estoy en el último firmware!!

Gracias.
El problema que hablas es cosa de las cccam que no son apropiadas, y tendrías que buscar otras

Lobowolf

Post by Lobowolf »

Hola,

lo estoy probando y funciona perfectamente con canales cccam.
Y es fácil de poner:
solo activar y lo veo con VLC.

Lobowolf

Post by Lobowolf »

Bueno funcionaba 10 min. de maravilla, se paró y ahora ya no hay manera :evil:

pluton82

Post by pluton82 »

Lobowolf wrote:Bueno funcionaba 10 min. de maravilla, se paró y ahora ya no hay manera :evil:
Eso me esta pasando con el sat2ip, y no hay forma de solventarlo, yo ya he reseteado el deco varias veces vuelto a instalar y nada, todo igual, ojala sacaran algún firmware nuevo y eso se solvente, pero ya no se si es fallo de software o hardware. Pensé que era cosa del router y no, probé varios routers y hacia lo mismo

Lobowolf

Post by Lobowolf »

Hi,

I've been trying the V8 Super for 2 weeks now:

SAT2IP worked fine for about 20 minutes (with an encoded channel) then it scrambled and never worked again (restarting, rebooting, nothing helped).... :evil:
IPTV freezes after some time and hangs the whole box - no button reacts, only unplugging and rebooting helps... :evil:
and there's no way to record it, so I'm better off with the PC, does the job fine!
BISS (or other) keys - I didn't find much on the internet, tried some but they disappeared after some time from the settings... :shock:
CCCam work, but not for all channels and you never know for which (24h only), finding out is a mess, as well as configuring favorites - still don't have no softkey... :geek:

EPG is unusable

Sometimes I feel like having bought a Demo-version or beta... :roll: Hope you can fix this with updates

FTA works fine, very good quality! :D

...And I'm always logged out of the forum and have to log in again, even while writing!!!... :?: :evil:

BR

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Lobowolf wrote:Hi,

SAT2IP worked fine for about 20 minutes (with an encoded channel) then it scrambled and never worked again (restarting, rebooting, nothing helped).... :evil:
IPTV freezes after some time and hangs the whole box - no button reacts, only unplugging and rebooting helps... :evil:
and there's no way to record it, so I'm better off with the PC, does the job fine!
BISS (or other) keys - I didn't find much on the internet, tried some but they disappeared after some time from the settings... :shock:
CCCam work, but not for all channels and you never know for which (24h only), finding out is a mess, as well as configuring favorites - still don't have no softkey... :geek:

EPG is unusable

Sometimes I feel like having bought a Demo-version or beta... :roll: Hope you can fix this with updates

...And I'm always logged out of the forum and have to log in again, even while writing!!!... :?: :evil:

BR
Being logged out of the forum is due to your internet dropping out.
I have the same thing happen here.
Try resetting your internet modem by powering off and on again.
Then try Sat2IP again.
Our modem here does all sorts of things. It limits the speed, blocks the STB from the net and drops out a lot.
Resetting the modem improves speed greatly.

Please have a look at this discussion on this problem and check if it your net provider's modem that is your problem too.

Owen

Lobowolf

Post by Lobowolf »

Feralkiwi wrote:

EPG is unusable

BR
Then try Sat2IP again.
Our modem here does all sorts of things. It limits the speed, blocks the STB from the net and drops out a lot.

Please have a look at this discussion on this problem and check if it your net provider's modem that is your problem too.

Owen
Thanks Owen, I keep on trying

pluton82

Post by pluton82 »

Lobowolf wrote:Hola,

Y es fácil de poner:
Lobowolf, me podrías decir que firmware tienes puesto para que te vaya bien?, eso si, tienes el super o el golden?, yo tengo el ultimo y la verdad que llega un momento que se bloquea todo el decodificador y ya no se el porque lo hace.

A parte de usar el ultimo firmware también he probado de anteriores y nada

Lobowolf

Post by Lobowolf »

pluton82 wrote:

Y es fácil de poner:
Lobowolf, me podrías decir que firmware tienes puesto para que te vaya bien?, eso si, tienes el super o el golden?, yo tengo el ultimo y la verdad que llega un momento que se bloquea todo el decodificador y ya no se el porque lo hace.

Hola tengo el último firmware puesto, mi STB es el Super.

Ya lo probé otras veces y me funciona mejor con Windows 7, pero una vez terminas la recepción ya no la puedes volver a empezar, tienes que reiniciar el STB....

pluton82

Post by pluton82 »

Lobowolf wrote:
pluton82 wrote:

Y es fácil de poner:

Hola tengo el último firmware puesto, mi STB es el Super.

Ya lo probé otras veces y me funciona mejor con Windows 7, pero una vez terminas la recepción ya no la puedes volver a empezar, tienes que reiniciar el STB....
Eso me temía, que has de apagar el STB entero para volver a ponerlo en marcha, eso ya no se el fallo donde estará, si software o hardware

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

Feralkiwi wrote:

EPG is unusable

BR
Then try Sat2IP again.

Owen
Hello,
Has someone managed to connect to SAT2IP outside the local network? That is to say connect with the mobile for example on the street with the 4G data network. I guess should open a port on the router but I can not think of anything else to configure.
Many thanks.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

User "Yankee495" did a lot with sat2ip.
I did a quick look through his posts and found these few.

sat2ip decussion
And here
More here on network upgrading

Owen

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

Feralkiwi wrote:User "Yankee495" did a lot with sat2ip.

sat2ip decussion
And here

Owen
Thank you very much Owen for your constant support. I would like to connect to SAT2IP from outside the local network by 4G data network.
BR.

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

eumesmo wrote:

sat2ip decussion
And here

Owen
I did a manual for setting SAT2IP.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0i5yy2vgbplh ... t.pdf?dl=0

Best away is to connect to network using Ethernet Cable, and if possible set static IP address, for universal plug and play to work because some woof routers don't broadcast some network traffic, so it does not change, then you can create a standard playlist for playing on VLC,
But keep in mind SAT2IP has lots of bugs, during my test i found a bug that could crash the box entirely, causing it to restore factory settings, this was never solved, that's one of the main problems of Freesat, they release products with unfinished, untested software, and drop support before problems are fixed, look at V8 Pro, replaced by V8 Golden, and no new software is built for it, and bugs are never solved, these king of products should have at least 5 year support.
Hello,
Do you know if you can connect to SAT2IP from outside the local network with your mobile through the 4G data network?.

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

eumesmo wrote:
RGG1 wrote:
eumesmo wrote:

sat2ip decussion
And here

Owen
I did a manual for setting SAT2IP.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0i5yy2vgbplh ... t.pdf?dl=0

Best away is to connect to network using Ethernet Cable, and if possible set static IP address, for universal plug and play to work because some woof routers don't broadcast some network traffic, so it does not change, then you can create a standard playlist for playing on VLC,
But keep in mind SAT2IP has lots of bugs, during my test i found a bug that could crash the box entirely, causing it to restore factory settings, this was never solved, that's one of the main problems of Freesat, they release products with unfinished, untested software, and drop support before problems are fixed, look at V8 Pro, replaced by V8 Golden, and no new software is built for it, and bugs are never solved, these king of products should have at least 5 year support.
Hello,
Do you know if you can connect to SAT2IP from outside the local network with your mobile through the 4G data network?.
You need to configure a DDNS service on your router and configure port redirection, it depends on the router you're using.
I can access mine that way.
Hello,
Thank you very much eumesmo. I have a no-ip account to be able to access from outside with dynamic ip with the phone to some ip cameras. I had to open a port on the router. Could you please explain to me how I have to do to configure both the router and the mobile? I mean which port I have to open and how I configure the VLC apk to connect from the outside.
Many thanks.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”