Dual V8super on 1 dish?

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ed123

Dual V8super on 1 dish?

Post by ed123 »

I just got a V8super and installed it and like it very much,so much that I was wondering if a second v8s could be installed in another room of the house.I'm just using horizontal polarity.Could I use a diplexer and have the main unit supply the 13volts and in the other room just have the coax from the diplexer go to the other unit and turn off the LNB power on that one?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Dual V8super on 1 dish?

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

As you are only using horizontal (18 Volts) you can use a splitter.
Here is one from Aliexpress
Note: for satellite you need a splitter that goes up to 2400MHz.
These splitters have diodes in them that stop the DC power (18 or 13 V) from one STB reaching the other STB.
The STB that has Horizontal ( 18 Volts ) "ON" will make the LNB use 18V.
If the other STB is using vertical (13V) it will receive no signal, but will not be damaged.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

ed123

Post by ed123 »

Thanks Owen:) Do you have a recomendation for a splitter model.make?
Thanks
Ed

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Any will do. You need 0-2400MHz or 950-2300 and both ports power pass. (950-2300 is satellite frequency)
Get one that is both ports for satellite, not one that is one for UHF areal and one for satellite.

Your local TV installer would have one.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Yankee495

Post by Yankee495 »

ed123 wrote:I just got a V8super and installed it and like it very much,so much that I was wondering if a second v8s could be installed in another room of the house.I'm just using horizontal polarity.Could I use a diplexer and have the main unit supply the 13volts and in the other room just have the coax from the diplexer go to the other unit and turn off the LNB power on that one?
Just use the Loop Out and turn off the LNB power on the second one, that is what it is for. In fact it's one of the main reasons I chose the Super over the Golden. The Golden has a T2 tuner that isn't any good in the US and I can get composite out on the Super with a SCART to composite adapter. I'm using Loop Out to my second V8 Super and it works great.

ed123

Post by ed123 »

just use the Loop Out and turn off the LNB power on the second one, that is what it is for. In fact it's one of the main reasons I chose the Super over the Golden. The Golden has a T2 tuner that isn't any good in the US and I can get composite out on the Super with a SCART to composite adapter. I'm using Loop Out to my second V8 Super and it works great.

Perfect...sounds great!! I was just getting on and was going to post if there was anyway to use that "loop" function.I was thinking about that but was afraid to blow it up.I'll order another one today...Hey is there a part of this forum where I can get an education on how to use this thing? I would like to rename the sattellites the names make no sence at all since they are from a different part of the world.And how important are these USB updates I'm reading about here.I see some units locking up and having problems.I could go on and on but I'm going to have to learn a little at a time:)
Thank you all for your helping out this newbie
Ed

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”