All my Freesat V8 Super set top boxes freeze :(

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

boria

All my Freesat V8 Super set top boxes freeze :(

Post by boria »

Hello.

I am loosing my patience with my v8 boxes. I have bought 5 of them on ali as I was positively suggested by people opinions. Now I got them and I am going crazy as each one of them freezes! Mostly it happens when I configure cccam C lines. It doesnt matter if it is 1 C line or more. When launching Youtube it freezes just automaticly. Most of the cases happen at my house where I have 4xLNB. But tested it at my mother's house with 1xLNB and the same happens but it takes more time. I tested various versions of firmware and settings of boxes. Nothing helps. Please check out the video https://youtu.be/K6ZJjPWPgio . This one took really long time to get freezed. Normally it happens even after few seconds. Could You please guys help? Thanks!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: All my Freesat V8 Super set top boxes freeze :(

Post by Feralkiwi »

Other users are finding that their internet providers modem is blocking satellite STB's from the net to prevent ccam use.
Even here in New Zealand this is happening.

Users have reported Fritzbox doing this.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

boria

Post by boria »

I dont think itd ISP problem. I tried on various internet connections and with my private oscam server on local network (I got my own Clines but tested also with these bought on Ali).

Is there some way to debug this box? There is some rs 232 port on the back. Is it connectable via telenet so I could get to the console of V8 and debug it?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The only function on the RS232 port I know of is for software updating.
there was talk of network updating also.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Xsat

Post by Xsat »

Hi,

It seems to be insufficient consideration of timeout and retry command routine.
So, it is a well-known fatal error.
Unfortunately Freesat is not aware of that.

boria

Post by boria »

Thanks for answers.
Retry command of what? Retrying to connect via cccam protocol? I think it might have sense as it freezes mostly when I connect to my oscam server, which might have some wrong configuration (I am not an expert in oscam servers)...

boria

Post by boria »

Indeed problems are produced by cccam protocol. Once I swapped cccam by newcamd on my oscam server and the box there are no problems at all!
But it MUST be corrected! Freesat developers! Pls do something with cccam!

gyver

Post by gyver »

Are you using WiFi or Ethernet?.
I had the same problem and finally I could fix it changing the usb WiFi stick. Now using a TP-link TL-WM727N freeze was solve.
Madrid(Spain).V8 UHD,V8 pro2 & V8x.Disecq 16x1.
Hellas 39°E-Astra 28.2°E-Badr 26°E 1.2m
Astra 19.2°E & 23.5ºE-Hotbird 13°E 80cm
Thor/Intelsat 0.8-1°W - Eutelsat 5ºW & 9E - Bulgariasat 1.9ºE - 80cm
Hispasat 30°W 80cm
Telstar 15°W 60cm

boria

Post by boria »

Actually I use Ethernet RJ45 only... I suppose this is not producing any problems at all?

Gchua

Post by Gchua »

Hi,

I just got a month old Freesat V8 Golden and it was working fine last night. However today, it is not working despite on/off, replug wires etc. Box keeping showing loading and then previous channel no 818 last watched. tV screen shows no connection. Remote can only on and off. Cannot switch channel. Can anyone help please ? Tks

Gchua

Post by Gchua »

Hi,

Also may I know where can I get technical support from the company on issue with the box?

rafelingojuryu

Post by rafelingojuryu »

has hecho la prueba con el firmeware anterior para que hagas ese test y recavar mas informacion.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Gchua wrote:Hi,

I just got a month old Freesat V8 Golden and it was working fine last night. However today, it is not working despite on/off, replug wires etc. Box keeping showing loading and then previous channel no 818 last watched. tV screen shows no connection. Remote can only on and off. Cannot switch channel. Can anyone help please ? Tks
To reload the software do this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (.bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the usb in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu".
The unit should reload the software.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”