Online updates

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ed123

Online updates

Post by ed123 »

Hello everyone.
Is it possible to do the update through the V8supers internet port? If it isn't could an app be made?
I have mine hooked up hardwired the apps are mostly Russian (no use to me) But I was wondering if the ethernet port could be more useful.
Orderd a second unit for the other room and asked the seller if they could update it for me but they wrote back saying I would have to do the latest download to a USB drive.The software in the one I have version is dated 2015 but it works well.It has weird internet apps though.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Online updates

Post by Feralkiwi »

Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Yankee495

Re: Online updates

Post by Yankee495 »

ed123 wrote:Hello everyone.
Is it possible to do the update through the V8supers internet port?
Hello Ed123,

Feralkiwi posted links to information that I posted (Thanks) with complete details of how to make the V8 update from your LAN or the internet. It's not as hard as it looks. Just read it and you'll see that all you need is a simple FTP or HTTP server running and the correct file names with the IP address of the server programmed into the V8. It's really very few steps but I explained it in detail so everyone would be sure to get it right. Once you have it setup you can download new firmware files and put them in the server folder in a minute or so, then the V8's will be able to download and install them.

I too have two V8 Supers and wanted to be able to update them without running around the house with a USB stick. Now I can copy the files to the server folder and have the V8 download the FW and database files and do the updates. You do need a basic FTP or HTTP server program and a basic understanding of how to set them up so you can access them from your LAN. I run Linux so I have them as part of my operating system.

There are free ones available online but I'm not familiar with Windows software anymore, haven't ran it in years. Just find a server program and follow the instructions and you'll be all set. Good luck.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”