V8 Update Firmware Release

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Zelalem

V8 Update Firmware Release

Post by Zelalem »

Great work after weeks of waiting! Congrats to all who have been waiting the update firmware for your V8 models. now you can enjoy your favorite channels as usual. Will be back after a while checking the new feature added like xtream server. Thank you very much the Freesat Team, we trusted and waited patiently your services for weeks. Regards
GTMedia V8 X, GTMedia V8 pro2, 1.8m x 3 dish, .9m x 3 dish, Freesat V7 Max, GTMedia BT03 Finder, Freesat V8 Finder, GSKY V6, Supermax SM9900, Lifestar 9090, LEG A25, covers 3w to 105.5e satellites.

NerveGas

Re: V8 Update Firmware Release

Post by NerveGas »

Great work. Thanking for the software developers for updating V8 software though it is delayed. I hope they will understand customers situation and this error will not repeat in future, All the best.

Nishan

Post by Nishan »

Hats off to the V8 SW developers..thnx for your commitment..

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

ํYou can get new release (20-11-2017) at here for v8 golden and here for v8 super

mikelsat

Post by mikelsat »

20W - Sport 24 & TFC showing RTL channel, https://freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4584
Last edited by mikelsat on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pakistani

Post by Pakistani »

does sony package is fixed ??? or only sports24 is fixed ?

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

Pakistani wrote:does sony package is fixed ??? or only sports24 is fixed ?
Did you tried or are you just asking for info? Try the new release and you will notice that it's working fine on all satellite autoroll. Cheers
GTMedia V8 X, GTMedia V8 pro2, 1.8m x 3 dish, .9m x 3 dish, Freesat V7 Max, GTMedia BT03 Finder, Freesat V8 Finder, GSKY V6, Supermax SM9900, Lifestar 9090, LEG A25, covers 3w to 105.5e satellites.

alspaine

Post by alspaine »

What is this xtream server for and how can I use it please explain to me.
Thanks

saleupse

Post by saleupse »

alspaine wrote:What is this xtream server for and how can I use it please explain to me.
Thanks
It´s for IPTV. If you have a xTream Server account you can configure it there.
80 cm Dish on Astra 19,2º with V8 Super.
Living in Spain, support also in German.

alspaine

Post by alspaine »

thanks, will I be able to use my iptv m3u account on it.

Xsat

Post by Xsat »

Too BAD new f/w, Could not scan HEVC channels on Horizons 2 at 84.8°E.
And when stored HEVC channel select that saying unsupported videoformat and my V8 freeze.
Power off/on to fix it. BUt still the same condition.

BUSH

Post by BUSH »

saleupse wrote:
alspaine wrote:What is this xtream server for and how can I use it please explain to me.
Thanks
It´s for IPTV. If you have a xTream Server account you can configure it there.
MY FRIEND I NEED HELP I HAVE ANEwish iptv account i can load it to the xtream server?

kiru55

Post by kiru55 »

dear freesat team

FYI Your marketing stunts are not appreciated FYI we have other options. its easy to switch to another set top boxes.
you need to provide latest updates accordingly to keep your loyal customers if not, you'll lose your core customers. so think about
this post before you do this kind of stunt (releasing a software update for the older version of you set top boxes) as i see it its clearly a marketing decision... you have a lot of stock of older receivers in your disposal like v7 hd, v7 max etc but you need to consider your customers too.

regards,

kirubel

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

kiru55 wrote:dear freesat team

FYI Your marketing stunts are not appreciated FYI we have other options. its easy to switch to another set top boxes.
you need to provide latest updates accordingly to keep your loyal customers if not, you'll lose your core customers. so think about
this post before you do this kind of stunt (releasing a software update for the older version of you set top boxes) as i see it its clearly a marketing decision... you have a lot of stock of older receivers in your disposal like v7 hd, v7 max etc but you need to consider your customers too.

regards,

kirubel
Well bud you can try other brands but keep your freesat close at hand, you will need it, I know, been there and done that, I have a 450 USD DreamBox 900 UHD, it sucks, I have a GSKY V8, It's only good for the Data Stream recorder, BTW the gsky v8 has had no new updates is 200 days, the one it did get screwed it up, I had to go back to one that is over 1 year old to fix it, the openbox X5 want auto roll and you have to use PIDs for the ECM keys to work, The list goes on and on and on.

Gilbert29

Post by Gilbert29 »

Tienes razón iq180 tengo un openbox z5 y ya quedo obsoleto para powervu + tiene mas de un año que no actualizan su firwmare, después compre un alphabox y lo mismo, la caja que sigue abriendo los canales powervu + con las ultimas actualizaciones es el freesat v7, v8 y saludos

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

iq180 wrote:

regards,

kirubel
Well bud you can try other brands but keep your freesat close at hand, you will need it, I know, been there and done that, I have a 450 USD DreamBox 900 UHD, it sucks, I have a GSKY V8, It's only good for the Data Stream recorder, BTW the gsky v8 has had no new updates is 200 days, the one it did get screwed it up, I had to go back to one that is over 1 year old to fix it, the openbox X5 want auto roll and you have to use PIDs for the ECM keys to work, The list goes on and on and on.
I really didn't get the point what kiru55 would like to state. The V7s have got early updates than the rest of the crowd STBs. Anyone out here have no complaints about this. Rather V8 owners waited patiently for longer days than all the rest. We still have got better updates and still the team is promising further updates for some bugs observed in the latest firmware of V8. Please anyone who are V7 owners with complaints, let's hear your voices. All what we get from a less than 50USD STB is more than enough I think.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I agree.
Freesat is better than any other box I have. The Spark Amico A3 is rubbish at $NZ300 and has many software bugs and is now unsupported.

Did any of you note that the version numbers for the latest V8 version jumped a LOT of numbers. We went from 583 to 624.
In the past the jump in numbers has been only 3 or 4, not 41.

The software people must have tried a great many versions to get one they could release for us.
This suggests they have worked hard and I thank them for that.

Thanks Freesat.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

maxblue

Post by maxblue »

iq180 wrote:

regards,

kirubel

:lol:

I laugh because I've seen it before many times
in other forums with other brands.
My two cents say that I'm not going to change my freesat v7
by no other brand.

Thanks fresat team.
La mente es como un paracaídas, no sirve si no se abre...

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

Feralkiwi wrote:I agree.
Freesat is better than any other box I have. The Spark Amico A3 is rubbish at $NZ300 and has many software bugs and is now unsupported.

Did any of you note that the version numbers for the latest V8 version jumped a LOT of numbers. We went from 583 to 624.

The software people must have tried a great many versions to get one they could release for us.

Thanks Freesat.

Owen
Great to note that firmware version numbers. This shows that the Team has done a lot to come to this point. What can we say except thank you very much! What gives me extra delight is the promise that they still give us to fix the bugs observed in the new releases. Keep it up!

Pakistani

Post by Pakistani »

Zelalem wrote:
Feralkiwi wrote:I agree.

Thanks Freesat.

Owen
Great to note that firmware version numbers. This shows that the Team has done a lot to come to this point. What can we say except thank you very much! What gives me extra delight is the promise that they still give us to fix the bugs observed in the new releases. Keep it up!

i think company must fix the box freeze issues , its been a while but there is no update for it

Elwood86

Post by Elwood86 »

Have you fixed the problems with EPG and spanish language?

pyllin

Post by pyllin »

Elwood86 wrote:Have you fixed the problems with EPG and spanish language?
Spanish EPG it's still broken for me :( Bad news on this.

tanka

Post by tanka »

I live in North America.Free to air more then 20 years.Receiveres like coolsat old days the best.New days vantage dream box openboxz5 etc.But the freesat v8 v7 the best in supporte.And not expensive.

frogtong

Post by frogtong »

i do live at north us al so bean use that receiver you talk about now free sat is the good STB is work good to me on c-band like the old time stand along but is limited that is ok is work any way i enjoy !

tvdelcielo

Post by tvdelcielo »

Gracias por las actualizaciones, se necesita todo el soporte!

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”