V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Nibret

Peonlems on new v8 super firmware

Post by Nibret »

Hello friends
After i installed latest firmware of v8 super on nss 57e
1. Canal 24 horas has not sound .
2. One of Australia programes ..Australia sky news or Australia sky business or australia sky sport fails to show image only sound is heared up on repeated researçh.
Please give me the methode to solve this pronlems
I lost my dump file to restore it

iq180
网站管理员

Re: Peonlems on new v8 super firmware

Post by iq180 »

Nibret wrote:Hello friends
2. One of Australia programes ..Australia sky news or Australia sky business or australia sky sport fails to show image only sound is heared up on repeated researçh.
Put it on the CH with no sound and press the audio button to find the mode it needs.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Canal 24 horas has never had sound since it was added and is still FTA. The audio channel is listed as 0000, no sound on NSS9@177w

I see lyngsat lists a APID for this channel as 5170.
You could try adding that manually via the editor.
As for Auz business, Check that it has scanned in as a scrambled channel as if not just the sound comes through.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Canal 24 horas has never had sound since it was added and is still FTA. The audio channel is listed as 0000, no sound on NSS9@177w

As for Auz business, Check that it has scanned in as a scrambled channel as if not just the sound comes through.

Owen
Have same problem after updating repeated blind scan gave me different results for the Auz channels, in every search one works and the other not. May try to restore dump file and see what will I get. Otherwise, everything works fine.
GTMedia V8 X, GTMedia V8 pro2, 1.8m x 3 dish, .9m x 3 dish, Freesat V7 Max, GTMedia BT03 Finder, Freesat V8 Finder, GSKY V6, Supermax SM9900, Lifestar 9090, LEG A25, covers 3w to 105.5e satellites.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes I too find that scans of NSS9@177w MTN channels on my V8 often have channels found as FTA.
I some times scan four time to fix this.
My V7 does not do this, but the sound on the V7 on MTN channels is broken for some seconds after you change channel.

The Auz business channel has the sound FTA so this may be a factor.

Once you get them all listed as $ (scrambled) I then use a second set up satellite to do future blind scans so I do not mess up the channels.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

maxblue

Post by maxblue »

Feralkiwi wrote:

Owen

The same happens in the satellite 34.5 w.
the channel 24 hours that is free to the air
it does not give audio.
in my freesat v7 this channel has PID for this channel as 5170.
La mente es como un paracaídas, no sirve si no se abre...

Xsat

Post by Xsat »

Can not blindscan to get HEVC channels on Horizons 2 at 84.8°E.
When stored channel select that "unsupport video format " displayed even no signals and freeze my V8 super.
Please tell me how to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have had problems with HD channels on low signal strength.

What I think is happening is that the unit does not know the video format, like they use to not know H.265 and put those channels into the radio list.
A few software updates back the unit started putting H.265 into the TV list.
With this, maybe, the units are putting HVEC channels into the video list and then trying to display them.

What happened to my units with low signal HD channels is that the unit uses so much memory trying to display the channel that it over writes critical info and crashes.
This could be what is happening with HVEC.

Owen

Xsat

Post by Xsat »

New f/w has deleted HEVC format so could not search HEVC SD/HD 4K channels.
Previous f/w worked scan to get HEVC channels into TV channel list but only audio.
When Previous stored that channel select then V8 Super freeze & Inoperable.

Nibret

Re: Problems on new v8 super firmware

Post by Nibret »

Please can you brief me how to edit specific PID on V8 super
Respectfully
Nibret

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Some one posted to me that PID 5170 is the VPID not the audio pid that I got from Lyngsat.

As for editing a pid you open your user data file with the editor and click on the channel you wish to edit and change things there.

I have not done this for some time.

Owen

maxblue

Post by maxblue »

Pid 5169/5170/5169
I do not know on v8, but on v7 you have to scan as if
was a blindscan putting you the pids that you imagines
that must be,
To see if the channel appears.
La mente es como un paracaídas, no sirve si no se abre...

Nibret

Post by Nibret »

There is no problem /both image and sound/ on LEG A 25 decoder at 57e with Pid 5169/5170/5169. All programs works fine.

I cannot manualy edit PID on V8 super. If you know how to edit PID on v8 try it pleas post the steps.that we can try it as well
I hope Freesat will fix this broplem based on these data on the future when new firmware or update releases

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

Nibret wrote:There is no problem /both image and sound/ on LEG A 25 decoder at 57e with Pid 5169/5170/5169. All programs works fine.

I cannot manualy edit PID on V8 super. If you know how to edit PID on v8 try it pleas post the steps.that we can try it as well
I hope Freesat will fix this broplem based on these data on the future when new firmware or update releases
All the channels quoted which have problems ain't much viewed. Most viewed channels are working fine. The point is that other STBs are working fine without problems. The Team thus needs to fix for those who are interested.
GTMedia V8 X, GTMedia V8 pro2, 1.8m x 3 dish, .9m x 3 dish, Freesat V7 Max, GTMedia BT03 Finder, Freesat V8 Finder, GSKY V6, Supermax SM9900, Lifestar 9090, LEG A25, covers 3w to 105.5e satellites.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”