freesat v8 super freeze

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Pakistani

freesat v8 super freeze

Post by Pakistani »

hi , i have latest firnware , but still box freezes at random times , i tried both wifi and ethernet but problem is still there , there is no cccam isp block here in pakistan , so how can i resolve my issue ??? plz any expert help me , i have one cline , i think cccam cause the issue ??

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: freesat v8 super freeze

Post by Feralkiwi »

ccam gets a fresh code every 15 seconds (this for Ideto). If your internet is slow or interrupted then this may be causing your freeze.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Pakistani

Post by Pakistani »

Feralkiwi wrote:ccam gets a fresh code every 15 seconds (this for Ideto). If your internet is slow or interrupted then this may be causing your freeze.

Owen
it was freezing even after no cccam and no internet connection , now reinstalled the software , lets c how it goes now

ardi

Post by ardi »

I have the same problem. cccam server is local - connection is fast & stable.
After freeze FTA's playing on. Only the remote is dead.
Encrypted is stop playing and the remote is dead to.
Without network -> no freeze
With network no matter whether wlan or lan -> freeze

ardi

p.s.: latest fw is installed - no matter

saleupse

Post by saleupse »

Same problem for me.
Freezes very often with the latest firmware on a V8 Super model. This was a known problem in the first versions of the firmware, but it was solved some months ago.
Now we have the same issue again and I have to plug out and plug in the power supply to make the receiver work again.
80 cm Dish on Astra 19,2º with V8 Super.
Living in Spain, support also in German.

Pakistani

Post by Pakistani »

saleupse wrote:Same problem for me.
Freezes very often with the latest firmware on a V8 Super model. This was a known problem in the first versions of the firmware, but it was solved some months ago.
Now we have the same issue again and I have to plug out and plug in the power supply to make the receiver work again.
Brother I figured it out , I think it is caused by faulty softcam.key , when I was having issue , I reinstalled the firmware and used only SONY PACKAGE keys , and deleted all other keys , after that my receiver never freezes ,

JosePC

Post by JosePC »

BUENAS
yo tambien tengo el mismo problema, cuando mas veces se me congela es en los canales de futbol sobre todo si estoy viendo algun partido de futbol en directo, aver si alguien sabe algunos trucos para solucionar esta congelaciones V8 SUPER, ( uso de mi deco: internet por cable y 3 linea cccam ). Un saludo, gracias.

saleupse

Post by saleupse »

JosePC wrote:
BUENAS
yo tambien tengo el mismo problema, cuando mas veces se me congela es en los canales de futbol sobre todo si estoy viendo algun partido de futbol en directo, aver si alguien sabe algunos trucos para solucionar esta congelaciones V8 SUPER, ( uso de mi deco: internet por cable y 3 linea cccam ). Un saludo, gracias.
A mi prácticamente se me solucionó. No sé si tuvo algo que ver que hice un downgrade a una versión anterior (de agosto) y posteriormente volví a poner la última versión de Noviembre. el caso es que ahora ya casi no me falla.
Dicen por ahí que algunos han conseguido corregirlo dejando sólo 3 Cccam (de un proveedor bueno) y no usando el puerto 16500 si alguna de las líneas cccam usaba ese puerto.

ardi

Post by ardi »

saleupse wrote:A mi prácticamente se me solucionó. No sé si tuvo algo que ver que hice un downgrade a una versión anterior (de agosto) y posteriormente volví a poner la última versión de Noviembre. el caso es que ahora ya casi no me falla.
Dicen por ahí que algunos han conseguido corregirlo dejando sólo 3 Cccam (de un proveedor bueno) y no usando el puerto 16500 si alguna de las líneas cccam usaba ese puerto.
how to you downgrade?

saleupse

Post by saleupse »

ardi wrote:
saleupse wrote:A mi prácticamente se me solucionó. No sé si tuvo algo que ver que hice un downgrade a una versión anterior (de agosto) y posteriormente volví a poner la última versión de Noviembre. el caso es que ahora ya casi no me falla.
how to you downgrade?
Take the firmware you want to install/downgrade, put it into a USB stick and rename it to flash.bin.
Insert the USB stick into the receiver while it´s turned off.
Turn on the receiver while you press the Menu button on the remote control.

Receiver will load the firmware from the USB stick even if it´s a previous version.

dcapper

Post by dcapper »

What version should we downgrade to get rid of the lock ups?

saleupse

Post by saleupse »

dcapper wrote:What version should we downgrade to get rid of the lock ups?
For me, firmwares from august and september were stable without freezing.

dcapper

Post by dcapper »

Thanks!

I'll try that

Xsat

Post by Xsat »

I recommend 23/09/2017 V4.5.115.579.

dcapper

Post by dcapper »

I updated to the newest firmware but I only scanned TV channels and not radio. The unit has been working great ever since.

gap30

Post by gap30 »

Have exactly the same problem

Using latest firmware

Using cccam for cable in the UK

Freezing intermittently no cycle to it just random - sometimes its 2 mins, sometimes its an hour

Have to power cycle the unit, remote unresponsive etc

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”