No 1 freesat is going down

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Nibret

No 1 freesat is going down

Post by Nibret »

It was freesat that was first to know and respond the interest and problems of its customers respectively: but now gsky and Leg nur and others takes over freesats culture. They become fast to develope and post the required softwares and other tools.
For eg. Leg 24 and its elder gsky v5 soon post new software to fix recent MTN sport 24 problem

To all freesat teams ...please do all the best tomake your product number one choice as before; Innovate things that can increase your customers..

Tec_Rep

Re: No 1 freesat is going down

Post by Tec_Rep »

Do you own a gsky personally? Seriously where is this support? I own one, pvr is useless and other functions and they tell me manufacturing has stopped and they can not help. Oh, satellite positioning is useless on usuals or disc.eq both.

Thanks and let me know where this support is at to fix some of my problems?

Nibret

Post by Nibret »

Hi brother gsky produce cheap receivers known as Leg nur a24 and a25 which are equivalent to gsky V5 and gsky v6 respectively. Recently Legnur a24 opened MTN sport 24 withe new firmware . Next day leg a25 did like a24. . These receivers are produced for east Africa like Ethiopia.

FREESAT IS STILL GOOD SINCE IT HAS ACTIVE FORUM SEEVICÈ , BUT IT BECOME SLOW TO RESPOND FAST LIKE OTHERS AS BEFORE.

You can visit the following websites to get uptodaťe firmwares

https://peacesat.com/downloads

https://www.pakogist.com/

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

I owned GSKY for over a year and experienced no such update delays especially when it comes to powervu decryption. In fact, GSKY is poor in not having active help forum like Freesat, GSKY has its own version of help desk on pclabtv.com. Since recently I changed my STB to Freesat, I was enjoying the forum, though my experience tells Freesat firmware developers are too late to release quick updates like Tiger, Alpha, Lifestar, LEG and GSKY. Lifestar has cheaper options next to LEG, better to have a second STB as an alternative.
GTMedia V8 X, GTMedia V8 pro2, 1.8m x 3 dish, .9m x 3 dish, Freesat V7 Max, GTMedia BT03 Finder, Freesat V8 Finder, GSKY V6, Supermax SM9900, Lifestar 9090, LEG A25, covers 3w to 105.5e satellites.

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

GSKY forum www.pctvlab.com for those interested.
GTMedia V8 X, GTMedia V8 pro2, 1.8m x 3 dish, .9m x 3 dish, Freesat V7 Max, GTMedia BT03 Finder, Freesat V8 Finder, GSKY V6, Supermax SM9900, Lifestar 9090, LEG A25, covers 3w to 105.5e satellites.

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

I got both v8 Golden and gsky v7. Both are near to disaster. GSKY is much stable and v8 Golden has more options (including not working :) ).Support of both is also disaster. Both are piece of ... . Now i bought other brand and already plan to buy 2 more devices. After that I'll put freesat and gsky to trash bin. Finaly I got everything that I want!!! The price depends on model but devices are not expensive. Everybody can make short research and find one brand which site finish with .de ...

Byе byе freesat and gsky

Nibret

Post by Nibret »

Donot be judgmental. Take time and be patient. I believe that freesat is working very hard to fix problems based on the data from this forum.
Others have not active websites like freesat. Ofcourse it become passive to respond fast as before. I hope they know that this will hurt their market. They will bring some special additional service for their old and new product.
I bought Leg Nur A25 which is a product of Gsky and similar to gsk V8 except price. It costs about 48 dollar unlike gsky V6 =90dolar and freesat v8 =81 dolar.

I have freesat v8 super still with me hoping some thing special from the company

mrslv

Post by mrslv »

Nibret wrote:Donot be judgmental. Take time and be patient. I believe that freesat is working very hard to fix problems based on the data from this forum.
Others have not active websites like freesat. Ofcourse it become passive to respond fast as before. I hope they know that this will hurt their market. They will bring some special additional service for their old and new product.
I bought Leg Nur A25 which is a product of Gsky and similar to gsk V8 except price. It costs about 48 dollar unlike gsky V6 =90dolar and freesat v8 =81 dolar.

I have freesat v8 super still with me hoping some thing special from the company
I owned v8 Golden for almost 2 years and nothing gets better. NOTHING. So, I have rights to be judgemental!!! Almost the same with gsky v7. May be this is my last post, because now I own a product that is perfect comparing with freesat and gsky. What I am going to do is to buy 2 extra devices form same brand i bought last and to forget freesat and gsky. I don't need now to check every week for new update, hoping that freesat or gsky has fix some major bugs. So I advice all freesat and gsky users to find other working device!!!

tanka

Post by tanka »

In Nort America v8super comper to the receivers available .Not expensive and better for the big dish.I have dream box dm 800 hdse vantage vt1 expensive receiver never good openbox receivers have 3 I sell theme.For the price v8super are one good receiver not complicated and for secan better compare to dm 800 and vantage .And the v8super are made for Asia and Europe.Butt did not to bed for the Big Dish in north America.I like the v8super .I have one 10ft dish for 23 years and 1.2 meter and 1 36 inch .Satellites from Histansat west to 139 west and over 2000 channels same working very good and few not working.I never have one box perfect.

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

tanka wrote:In Nort America v8super comper to the receivers available .Not expensive and better for the big dish.I have dream box dm 800 hdse vantage vt1 expensive receiver never good openbox receivers have 3 I sell theme.For the price v8super are one good receiver not complicated and for secan better compare to dm 800 and vantage .And the v8super are made for Asia and Europe.Butt did not to bed for the Big Dish in north America.I like the v8super .I have one 10ft dish for 23 years and 1.2 meter and 1 36 inch .Satellites from Histansat west to 139 west and over 2000 channels same working very good and few not working.I never have one box perfect.
Well, any person has the right to say good or bad about a product either it be Freesat or GSKY. The compliant stems from customers dissatisfaction of different experience with regard to a product. I, personally, have no compliant towards Freesat devices performance. Rather. I have big problem with lack of quick updates when some channels scrambling from the developers. Unlike Freesat, it's a clear fact that a number of STBs came first to respond every time they see channels scrambling. The problem is long waiting for update. Even today I am watching S24 EPL Manchester derby from my brother's residence. He had LEG STB where he has got updates from the respective developers the next day after the channels got scrambling. I advise everyone to have extra STBs to have options.

Tec_Rep

Post by Tec_Rep »

Nibret wrote:Hi brother gsky produce cheap receivers known as Leg nur a24 and a25 which are equivalent to gsky V5 and gsky v6 respectively. Recently Legnur a24 opened MTN sport 24 withe new firmware . Next day leg a25 did like a24. . These receivers are produced for east Africa like Ethiopia.

FREESAT IS STILL GOOD SINCE IT HAS ACTIVE FORUM SEEVICÈ , BUT IT BECOME SLOW TO RESPOND FAST LIKE OTHERS AS BEFORE.

Thanks, I have a gsky v8 na model and this is the one gsky said they no longer supported in an email reply to me.

Thanks for the info though!

mbollo

Post by mbollo »

Me av freesat v8 golden and gsky v5 HD but right now am enjoying sport 24 with my gsky v5 already updated ts firmware on 7/12/17

Nibret

Post by Nibret »

Mbollo cheers. In addition to v8 supper I have Leg nur a25 which is a product of gsky which is similar with gskyV6 that entertaining me by MTN sport 24

Am waiting for STB from freesat with some additional update

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

Nibret wrote:Mbollo cheers. In addition to v8 supper I have Leg nur a25 which is a product of gsky which is similar with gskyV6 that entertaining me by MTN sport 24

Am waiting for STB from freesat with some additional update
dear friend, having your LEG, hope there is no way to wait Freesat firmware updates, as you can have the fastest way to get your decryption. Also LEG has better biss auto scan capabilities and quicker updates. I'm going to repair my GSKY power brake down and join the fast update groups like LEG and Lifestar. Cheers

jasjas

Post by jasjas »

Tec_Rep wrote:
Nibret wrote:Hi brother gsky produce cheap receivers known as Leg nur a24 and a25 which are equivalent to gsky V5 and gsky v6 respectively. Recently Legnur a24 opened MTN sport 24 withe new firmware . Next day leg a25 did like a24. . These receivers are produced for east Africa like Ethiopia.

Thanks, I have a gsky v8 na model and this is the one gsky said they no longer supported in an email reply to me.

Thanks for the info though!
The factory that makes the GSKY V8 went bankrupt so support for the V8 is gone.
GSKY is a distributer and buys there receivers from different factories.
as for for most receivers they are old now and i would think companys are working on new models for H265 ultra HD.
just my opinion.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”