Change two channels with one click (up or down)

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Merenat

Change two channels with one click (up or down)

Post by Merenat »

Hi.

Often while zapping using the original remote, the v8 changes two chanels with one click don't matter if i'm going up or down.
I also have a logitech harmony one programmable controller and although I increase the reuse time of the code if the key is kept pressed. he keeps doing it.Also i have a harmony one remote and augmented the repetition time if the key was pressed but it do it again.

It does not always do it when it does it happens in all the stations.
It is tuned to astra and feeds the LNB. Firmware version 11/20/2017

Thank's a lot.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Change two channels with one click (up or down)

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have noted this since freesat started.
They did some software improvements long ago to fix this.

I find it still happens if I have the remote at an angle to the STB.
Try moving your Freesat's unit's angle.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Merenat

Post by Merenat »

Confirmed. I suppose that it is reflected in the glass of the display and the signal is bounced back repeating in the sensor. As almost always will happen to me, any idea of how to reduce the effect will be welcome

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you are square on to your STB you could add a short tube out from the sensor so it only sees signals straight in.
I have always thought this is caused by a weak IR signal that the STB thinks has stopped and started again.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Skanner

Post by Skanner »

I noticed this too. But, I think the issue is the tuner is so fast it will go to next channel if you don't release button quickly.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”