How: sat2ip still on after a reset (power off)?

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Geert

How: sat2ip still on after a reset (power off)?

Post by Geert »

network -> sat2ip -> on

But how do I get it to stay on after a reset (power off)?

So when I switch off the freesat v8, and power it back on, I want to sat2ip to be already on.

At the moment it sets the setting back to off after a power off.

Geert

Re: How: sat2ip still on after a reset (power off)?

Post by Geert »

Such a pity,

I was hoping to build a setup like a slingbox so that I can see my v8 from my holiday house via the internet. And apart from me there are in fact a lot of British people living in Spain (known as ex-pats) who would also very much like this functionality.

But if the V8 has a power cut while I am away then there would be no way to recover from that.

Maybe the software developers can build something in that will allow you to view the v8 via the internet. There is definitely a market for that as this type of solution is one of the only ways in which ex-pats can see the bbc (is all fta but with a very small foot print that does not cover Spain) from Spain.

I think the v8 can technically do it, but without the software supporting it, it is of no use…

On another note. If anyone suffers from pink screens (not all the time, but after some time all the colors will all of a sudden change), like all the images are in reverse colors like a negative, the solution is to Go to => System – Other setting – HDMI Color space – and set it to RBG (was Auto). I thought my v8 was defect until I changed that.

Geert

Post by Geert »

In the hope that somebody from freesat will read this.

The V8’s great sales pitch and party piece (the reason to buy it) is its SAT2IP capability. This should mean that one could use the computer to view it rather than to have connect it to a TV. And via VPN one could even view it while abroad, if for example there is no reception of the channels that you can receive at home.

However, as any power cut to the V8 will always make it boot with SAT2IP in the off mode, this capability is useless. So no one will ever advice any body else to buy it for this reason. Even just moving it after getting all the channels right to the server cabinet is not possible.

So can you please make an update in which the default setting for SAT2IP is on.

This should be a very easy modification to make and will greatly improve the appeal of the product.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I know that this is off subject, can you not receive INTELSAT 907 27.5w 11495v 44100

DEN

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

If you bought the unit for satip you should be thankful you actually got it to work as it doesn't for most that try it.

Geert

Post by Geert »

It’s easy.

On the v8.
Connect a network cable between the v8 and you router.
Switch it on
Press menu and 3 times >
You should now be in ‘Network’ with ‘network config’ selected
Press ok
It should now be ‘Lan’ with active selected
Press ok
You should get the message ‘set lan connection successfully’
Press menu
Press the down arrow 3 times
You should now have selected SAT2IP
Press ok
You should now see ‘SAT2IP off’ selected
Press >
You should now get the message ‘Opening SAT2IP, please wait’
You should now see ‘SAT2IP on’ selected
Press exit 2 times

On the pc
Goto https://www.videolan.org/ and install VLC media player
Start VLC media player and click on ‘View’ and select ‘Playlist’
Under ‘Local Network’ select ‘Universal Plug’n’Play’
On the right under Title there should now be an item ‘Freesat V8’ with a ‘>” before it
Press on the ‘>’ and you should see ‘> satellite programs’
Press on the ‘>’ and doubleclick the program you want.

If a channel (like ‘bbc 4 hd’) is not transmitting, but ‘cbeebies hd’ is doing so on the same channel, the the ‘bbc 4 hd’ item will do nothing on the pc (it will change the channel on the tv though). Click the ‘cbeebies hd’ item instead.

I have only been capable of getting the tv channels from my favorite list. The radio channels are missing.

On the bbc hd channels moving object have slight interlaced ripple at the edges, sound is perfect.

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

Oh I know how to activate it. Having it work reliably if at all as you've described is something different altogether.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”