Lost all verticals

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

bubbs16

Lost all verticals

Post by bubbs16 »

I have had a problem from day 1 with my servo motor polarity with v8 super. Now out of nowhere I literally cannot get vertical channels. I have ordered a new power supply cause I have heard people using different ones and having luck.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Lost all verticals

Post by Feralkiwi »

I would expect you have checked the polarity settings in the antenna settings menu.

If you have a high power load on your LNB output, it may not be getting to 18v for the horizontal TP's and only getting vertical.
This too is unlikely as you would have had to have your LNB rotated 90 degrees to think you were getting H as H any way.

I have one dish at present that is not getting H as there is too much load due to rain in the cables etc.

You say "my servo motor polarity".
Are you using one of those LNB's with the powered motor to move the polarity in the LNB?

It may be that your power load on the LNB has dropped the voltage so low on Vertical (13v) that this servo motor can not move.
If you can reduce the load by removing switches etc, if you can, to test this.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

bubbs16 wrote:I have had a problem from day 1 with my servo motor polarity with v8 super. Now out of nowhere I literally cannot get vertical channels. I have ordered a new power supply cause I have heard people using different ones and having luck.
It mite be time for a new LNBF, I had one to do that about 2 years ago, I put my extra LNBF on and fixed the problem.

mmewrench

Post by mmewrench »

It sounds like the servo motor stopped working. Have you checked the connections on the motor itself? What are you using to control the servo? Does the servo motor have two wires or three? The controller should supply 5v DC to the servo.

bubbs16

Post by bubbs16 »

Everything stated working fine again this afternoon. Very odd. I use a asc1 to run it inside.from titanium. But it had been finicky since I got the v8 setup from day 1.

mmewrench

Post by mmewrench »

I have had a few issues with slow polarity changes lately with my asc 1 (I also use a polarotor) using another brand box. I found that if I leave the receiver on all of the time, the issue is gone. I just received my V8 Super last week so I want to get used to it before I use it as a primary receiver.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

bubbs16 wrote:Everything stated working fine again this afternoon. Very odd. I use a asc1 to run it inside.from titanium. But it had been finicky since I got the v8 setup from day 1.
How cold is it at your location, it could be water freezing in your LNB, that will stop the servo from switching.

Tec_Rep

Post by Tec_Rep »

Like iq180 said, LNBF is the way to go. You never have a problem and keeps a kicking. Installation is also easy except focal distance is a little tricky and you have to think up something to align them in scaler properly. I use an LNBF clamp for putting one on a KU dish that works really well and patience is a must while fine tuning an LNBF.

bubbs16

Post by bubbs16 »

Ya I will prolly have to upgrade to a lnbf.... I wanted to anyway so I can get a dual output.

bubbs16

Post by bubbs16 »

iq180 wrote:
bubbs16 wrote:Everything stated working fine again this afternoon. Very odd. I use a asc1 to run it inside.from titanium. But it had been finicky since I got the v8 setup from day 1.
How cold is it at your location, it could be water freezing in your LNB, that will stop the servo from switching.
That may have happened. We had snow Monday and was like down to - 5. Then starting melting though tue afternoon when it all started going heywire.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”