V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

josemartim

V8 super "no signal"

Post by josemartim »

Hello!

I have a freesat V8 super, and in the display shows "no signal"
In the lnb connetor i have 13/18v.
I have tryed with another receiver and works fine, so it´s not from the antena/lnb.
Thank you for your help.
José

josemartim

Re: V8 super "no signal"

Post by josemartim »

Hello eumesmo!

I don´t have any disec and the lnb power is ON.
I think the tuner is fualty.
Thank you.

Tec_Rep

Post by Tec_Rep »

Many things can cause this. Some as simple as lnb settings in setup for example. I would check everything before tuner. To check it you must go inside receiver and have a good oscilliscope ready.

Good luck!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

It may help to look at these instructions for setting up your V8

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

josemartim

Post by josemartim »

Hello to all!

I have connected another freesat v8 with the same settings and works fine.
So, i don´think it´s a configuration problem.
The receiver was working and stop to receive signal.
I saw 1 or 2 lighting in the day that stop working.
Someone have the schematics?
Thanks.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you have a working V8, copy the user data file from the working one to the other to test.
Also reload the software as well to check it has not been corrupted.
Do a factory reset too.
Save any user data and softcam.key file from the sick unit first and rename them for backup.

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

josemartim

Post by josemartim »

Thanks Owen.
I will try.

Paraprop

Post by Paraprop »

Hi I got a similar issue.

Got my first Freesat V8 Golden working fine for 15 months. So around January I decided to get another one for another room.
The second one also worked fine until about 2 weeks ago. THe signal started to go.

I checked all possible causes and it is not the lnb / antenna cable. The signal is fine, the Diseq settings too. Also the same signal is split and fed to terrestrial input which works fine. In very few cases the signal comes back and the receiver works normally again for a while before the signal goes missing again.

Before I open the box I would like to know if someone else had such a hardware issue of intermittent nature ?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Paraprop wrote:Hi I got a similar issue.

Got my first Freesat V8 Golden working fine for 15 months. So around January I decided to get another one for another room.
The second one also worked fine until about 2 weeks ago. THe signal started to go.

I checked all possible causes and it is not the lnb / antenna cable. The signal is fine, the Diseq settings too. Also the same signal is split and fed to terrestrial input which works fine. In very few cases the signal comes back and the receiver works normally again for a while before the signal goes missing again.

Before I open the box I would like to know if someone else had such a hardware issue of intermittent nature ?
Yes I too have had this problem.
The issue is the LNB over current protection.
I added a signal splitter to the LNB circuit at the box to add some impedance to the circuit.
The biggest problem is with DiSEqC 1.1 switches, eight port uncommitted.
When the over current trips in these 1.1 switches revert to port one.

As you have two splitters, one for the two V8's and one for the UHF split, a DiSEqC switch and the LNB you have a high current draw on the box.

Just one thing. Remember that with a splitter feeding two V8's, if one V8 is on a "H" polarity channel the other unit can not watch a "V" polarity channel.

Owen

Paraprop

Post by Paraprop »

Owen

thanks for hints.

I finally made a trial by bypassing the 8 x 1 DiseqC 1.1 and directly connecting to one of the 8 x 6 multiplexers and all the LNB signals worked fine so it is the DiseqC which has a problem.

The splitter that I am using before the receiver is just to feed at the same time the LNB to the Sat input and the DVB-T2 to the Terrestrial input of the V8 Golden. Those signals where combined by the multiplexers to run on a single cable down into each room.

I do understand what you want to tell be about connecting 2 satellite receivers to a single cable through a splitter. The V/H signals will fight each other.
By the way is there any kind of switch which can allow me to connect 2 sat receivers to a single sat signal just by disabling the H signal from the unused receiver but not having to turn off that receiver completely ?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Paraprop wrote: By the way is there any kind of switch which can allow me to connect 2 sat receivers to a single sat signal just by disabling the H signal from the unused receiver but not having to turn off that receiver completely ?
In the menus of most units there is an option to set the LNB power to "Auto" "Off" "H" or "V".
You could set the "unused receiver" to "V" so it does not interfere with the other unit.
You need to do this for each sat in the sat list.
The other way is to always leave the unused unit on a "V" channel. User discipline.
There is no switch that will decide which of two units, one asking for "H", has right of way on a single cable. That's a human thing.

There is also the "One Cable Solution" type of C band LNB's.
These have the "H" as normal (5150) and send the "V" frequencies shifted to 5750 LNB setting.
This then scans in as normal 41xx to 37xx frequencies for the "H" and 41xx-600 to 37xx-600 for the "V".
A V TP of 4140 would appear in the scan as 4140-600 = 3540 H xxxxx.
These allow for more than one STB to use the same dish, all set to "H" only in the LNB settings.
A simple splitter to feed the extra units is all that is needed.
OCS LNB's use more power off the LNB cable. I have three working here.

I have not seen this in Ku band LNB's.

Another method is to use a twin output LNB direct to two units, or for more than two use a 2x4 switch that has separate inputs for "H" and "V" from the twin output LNB and four or more outputs. These are mostly powered from the STB, but there are powered units.
I use many of these, both alone and after DiSEqC switches.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”