V8 Super transponder issue

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Satman43

V8 Super transponder issue

Post by Satman43 »

Just setting up my V8 Super and have run into an issue with it not recognizing 2 transponders on Galaxy 14 @ 125 which are 3820V 30000 and 3780V 30000 either blind scanned or manually input they show no signal but are confirmed there on my V7hd
Also another transponder not found either blind scanned or manually input is on Galaxy 18 @ 123 transponder 4020H 30000 also shows no signal yet confirmed on my V7hd to be there

Is this a bin problem or am I missing something?? thanks

Re: V8 Super transponder issue

Post by 840 »

both transponders work fine on my v8 super.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The only thing I can think of is that the Super has a weaker receiver.
I assume you are not using both at once through a splitter.
If you are not you could try a splitter with both the V7 and V8 both on H on V polarity at the same time
I have heard that the USA market is supplied a lower current power adapter than the 2A I get here in New Zealand.
Running both will boost the DC power to the LNB and may get those TP's for the super.

Other than that try to increase the signal from your dish to the Super.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Feralkiwi wrote:The only thing I can think of is that the Super has a weaker receiver.
I assume you are not using both at once through a splitter.
If you are not you could try a splitter with both the V7 and V8 both on H on V polarity at the same time
I have heard that the USA market is supplied a lower current power adapter than the 2A I get here in New Zealand.
Running both will boost the DC power to the LNB and may get those TP's for the super.

Other than that try to increase the signal from your dish to the Super.

Owen
If a splitter is used it has to be the type that has a DC pass thru on one side only, normally shown as a line between the input and one of the outs. The other side sometimes has the symbol of a capacitor to show that the dc is blocked on that leg. Serious damage can be done to one or both receivers if a normal TV type splitter is used as they usually have a RF choke going to ground (DC short on coax) .
TruSpec.jpg
TruSpec.jpg (8.18 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
The drawback with using this splitter is the box on the DC pass thru is the master and the other is the slave, so if the master is on vertical the slave will only work on vertical transponders. If the slave does a scan it will only get the transponders the master is on.... maybe that is the problem the OP is having.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

Satman43

Post by Satman43 »

ok I found the problem and none of the above and no rationale for it either, the box was set to blindscan only one polarity and after looking at some of the others they need to be rescanned as well, as apparently I am missing a bunch, thought the box was defaulted to auto and not to V or H, oh well at least I know they are there, sorry fellows, appreciate the info and response

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Odd that the polarity setting was default to V or H.

The splitter thing.
Modern splitters have a diode in them that only allows the power one way.
A power pass both sides splitter allows each set to use the sat, except if one box is on H then the other box can only use H as well.

If you want to check if your splitter has a diode, plug it in backwards and it will not work.
If you want to look at an odd splitter setup check out my setup in this discussion.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”