V8 Finder - battery problem

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

nspadic

V8 Finder - battery problem

Post by nspadic »

Hi to all

Recently I bought an V8 finder, and using newest software, but the product is pretty much useless for normal use...

The problem is that the item has that battery protection and shuts down while I am on the roof installing the dish... It can happen after 20 minutes till 30 minutes from fully charged... Prior to this finder, I was using a Satlink 6906 and it lasted for 3-4 hours of normal operation.

Will it be changed in next firmware or should I return this item to the seller?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8 Finder - battery problem

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you trigger the battery protection by shorting the LNB output of the finder, or having a current surge, the unit will shut down until it is connected to the charger.
The battery may not be flat at that point.
You can try plugging on and off a charger and powering on again to see if there is still good battery for use.

It is a pain, but Lithium battery are stuffed if you fully discharge them, so they do need protection.
The battery level meter in the finder is not the best, which does not help.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

nspadic

Post by nspadic »

Ok, thank you..So it is useless for daily work. I will return it and buy another Satlik. Too bad :(

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

First check that you are not shorting the LNB output.
Changing LNB cables with the power "ON" is very easy to short the center pin to the ground of the dish LNB.
Do this once and the finder will power down.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

nspadic

Post by nspadic »

How come the Satlinks that cost 50 US$ don't have that feature? My old 6906 worked 4 hours with lots of connecting and disconnecting...

This is just a toy, let's face it. Tried it but must forget the Freesat brand :( too bad, could be a good product...

BTW, it powers down even without LNB connected...

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”