V8 Golden Low Video Quality

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

qasimsial

V8 Golden Low Video Quality

Post by qasimsial »

Hi team,
I purchased FreeSat V8 Golden box from Aliexpress. It's video quality does not meet with standard SD & HD boxes I'm having (other than freesat). When I plug-in same satellite cable in other boxes, it gives me great video quality, however V8 Golden box video quality is bad. I tried all possible video ouput given in settings, upgraded it to latest firmware given at freesat.cn. Even youtube and IP tv channels quality is bad comparing with others.
Can someone advised me the possible method to fix it.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8 Golden Low Video Quality

Post by Feralkiwi »

Are you using the AV output or the HDMi?

HDMI sends digitally to your TV, so should be no different than your other boxes.

Other things that can make the video worse is earth loop power problems.
With AV cables, if the ground wire for the yellow video is broken then you get a buzz on the audio cables.
If there are earth currents, like from an electric fence or heavy power equipment, you may need to add extra earthing, like running both an AV cable and a HDMi from the box to the TV.

If you are using the HDMi output, try the AV to see if there is better video there. There may be dirt in the HDMi connector.

Good Luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

qasimsial

Re: V8 Golden Low Video Quality

Post by qasimsial »

Thanks for quick response, appreciate it.
Well, I'm using HDMI and I already tried with 1080p or 1080i options under AV tab. My 42" TV supports both 1080p & 1080i. When same HDMI cable is plugged into another Satellite receiver it works great and gives me far better quality. Another thing I justed noticed today, this box gives me bad video quality even when a youtube clip is played using it, when same video clip is played on TV (internet via TV) it is perfectly fine. I shall post pictures both from box and TV in next reply.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”