Not one channel is decoded

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

gega13

Not one channel is decoded

Post by gega13 »

I installed a new firmware (07/02/2018) for the newly purchased one
Freesat V8 Super. Not one channel is decoded or something missing?
Please reply.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: Not one channel is decoded

Post by cpr43 »

What satellites are you aimimg at?

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

gega13 wrote:I installed a new firmware (07/02/2018) for the newly purchased one
Please reply.
Did you do a factory reset after the update, if not you need to, then unplug the power for a hard boot.

saleupse

Post by saleupse »

gega13 wrote:I installed a new firmware (07/02/2018) for the newly purchased one
Please reply.
Depending on the channels you try to view, firmware does not open/decrypt by itself.
For most channles you need a valid cccam (clines) for example.
80 cm Dish on Astra 19,2º with V8 Super.
Living in Spain, support also in German.

Steve Skywalker

Post by Steve Skywalker »

I have had my Freesat V8 Super for about a week now and unfortunately having some problems. If I manually enter a Biss key, I can get that event to work. I cannot however receive any PV channels.

I have been reading the forum and it seems you need to install a softcam via USB. The question is where do I obtain the softcam? I appreciate all help.

beowolfe

Post by beowolfe »

so does the newest firmware for v8 super autoroll? i loaded the newest firmware, factory defaulted then loaded north american sat list set a few satellites up scanned channels i see no autoroll. did i miss something or do you have to load a soft cam?

saleupse

Post by saleupse »

There are many different sites where you can download updated Softcam.key file. Just do a search in Saint Google ;)

beowolfe

Post by beowolfe »

thanks for the reply searched google no luck. i find a lot of updated softcam.key for europe bit none for north america. i did find one on this site dated october of 2017. not updated but i am adding to it to fit my needs kind of a slow process but learning a bit. i do have another question on some encrypted channels the $ does not show when i scan and the receiver shows no type of encryption.

saleupse

Post by saleupse »

beowolfe wrote:thanks for the reply searched google no luck. i find a lot of updated softcam.key for europe bit none for north america. i did find one on this site dated october of 2017. not updated but i am adding to it to fit my needs kind of a slow process but learning a bit. i do have another question on some encrypted channels the $ does not show when i scan and the receiver shows no type of encryption.
There are channels which encrypt only in certain time frames, maybe when you did the scan it was not ecnrypted.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”