New V8 Nova

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

iq180
网站管理员

New V8 Nova

Post by iq180 »

Just got my new GT-media V8 Nova today, here is what I have found, the good and the bad.
1-It is in PAL mode and needs to be changed to NTSC, the green button to switch from PAL to NTSC don't work, you need the scart conector and an old TV to change it.
2- It has a very small off and on switch on the back close to the power port, it will be off when you get it, I do like the fact it has this switch.
3- The H265 CHs don't work, sound only, it mite just need a software update, not a big deal for me.
4- The tuner is way better and stronger than the V8 super, I get CHs I never got with my V8 super, Great.
5- CH changing is much faster than the V8 super.
6- Auto roll is working great on powervu, I have not tested BISS yet.
7- The remote from the V8 super is the same for the V8 Nova and works with the Nova, that is a Plus.
8- The built in wifi works great.
9- The orange stripe on the box was a bad idea, I will need to paint that.
This is a good start for the first roll out of a new receiver, just need to fix the H-265 problem and the PAL to NTSC green button.

Remember to order one of these if you don't have one.=SCART Male Plug to 3 RCA Female A/V Audio Video Adaptor
====================================================================================================
I have some more bad news, the receiver locks up on satellite 58.0w, the only way to recover it is to power it off with the back switch and unhook the coax cable and delete all the TP on 58.0w, then it will go back to work.
Other bad news is you can't extract any ECM keys, when you extract the key file all that is in it is the EMM keys that you loaded, Not Good.

Calufacr

Re: New V8 Nova

Post by Calufacr »

Las actualizaciones serán mejor que las V8 Golden ?

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Calufacr wrote:Las actualizaciones serán mejor que las V8 Golden ?
With a new receiver model there is a better chance of updates than with an older model.
I have been at this a long time, once a receiver has been on the market 2 years it is done, no more updates, there is no money to be made from an old receiver, that's why no more updates for them, you can't pay coders if you are not making money, that's just the way it is and it has allways been that way.
In other words it's time to buy a new model if you want software updates.

Post by 840 »

i order a v8 nova on april18.have not got it yet.havent even got tracking so who knows were it is.

Hank4

Post by Hank4 »

Thanks iq180
Sounds like there is more good than bad on your report. I have one on the way from China and should be here in a week. I intend on add the NA sat list that I used on the Super 8 hope it works. I need to learn more about the subject auto-roll.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Hank4 wrote:Thanks iq180
Sounds like there is more good than bad on your report. I have one on the way from China and should be here in a week. I intend on add the NA sat list that I used on the Super 8 hope it works. I need to learn more about the subject auto-roll.
I have some more bad news, the receiver locks up on satellite 58.0w, the only way to recover it is to power it off with the back switch and unhook the coax cable and delete all the TP on 58.0w, then it will go back to work.
Other bad news is you can't extract any ECM keys, when you extract the key file all that is in it is the EMM keys that you loaded, Not Good.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Something additional that need to be fix:

When you export the softcam file its named:

export_softcam

Once you do modicications to it and save it you need to Rename the file to

Softcam

Otherwise the V8 Nova will not accept it.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

cpr43 wrote:Something additional that need to be fix:

export_softcam

Softcam

Yep, I was just about to post that problem as well.

machteck

Post by machteck »

The unit also freezes up on Galaxy 15 W CNN and HLN channels, TP 4020 V 29269 but not on any of the other channels on this TP. I have reported this in this forum earlier.
Larry

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

iq180 wrote:Just got my new GT-media V8 Nova today, here is what I have found, the good and the bad.
1-It is in PAL mode and needs to be changed to NTSC, the green button to switch from PAL to NTSC don't work, you need the scart conector and an old TV to change it.
2- It has a very small off and on switch on the back close to the power port, it will be off when you get it, I do like the fact it has this switch.
3- The H265 CHs don't work, sound only, it mite just need a software update, not a big deal for me.
4- The tuner is way better and stronger than the V8 super, I get CHs I never got with my V8 super, Great.
7- The remote from the V8 super is the same for the V8 Nova and works with the Nova, that is a Plus.
This is a good start for the first roll out of a new receiver, just need to fix the H-265 problem and the PAL to NTSC green button.

Remember to order one of these if you don't have one.=SCART Male Plug to 3 RCA Female A/V Audio Video Adaptor
====================================================================================================

Thank you very much for your comments
1. PAL quickly switch NTSC function, press the green key to switch, our software has not increased, the latter version will increase.
2.H265 machine only supports H265 1080P 720P, if it is 4K H265 machine is not supported.
H265.jpg
H265.jpg (283.65 KiB) Viewed 7747 times
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

1. PAL quickly switch NTSC function, press the green key to switch, our software has not increased, the latter version will increase.
2.H265 machine only supports H265 1080P 720P, if it is 4K H265 machine is not supported.
Recommendation:
1. I recommend that change IPTV channel from 1024 Channel to 4096 Channel if you can do for upgrade this Box.
2. All color background is not match when move cursor select TV channels if you have idea change color suitable.
3. Please make digital manual or information for application this box so I understand if you ever used freesat v8 golden and super, you can do.
4. If some problem it can not bootable, Please recommend equipment or software or method for recovery this box.

Thanks so much.

mos

Post by mos »

are SCART connectors all the same? old ones too?
V8 Golden / V8 Novas / V8X/ GTC / V8 UHD

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

mos wrote:are SCART connectors all the same? old ones too?
the same

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Eak_Dumnern wrote:
Recommendation:
1. I recommend that change IPTV channel from 1024 Channel to 4096 Channel if you can do for upgrade this Box.
2. All color background is not match when move cursor select TV channels if you have idea change color suitable.
3. Please make digital manual or information for application this box so I understand if you ever used freesat v8 golden and super, you can do.
4. If some problem it can not bootable, Please recommend equipment or software or method for recovery this box.

Thanks so much.

1.IPTV is keeping the same number of V8Golens
2. The second point to select the program, and move the cursor is not obvious we look at how to match.
3. Good V8 NOVA There is a difference between CCCam and V8 Golden. Other menu functions are similar.
4. The machine can be forced to upgrade via USB, or RS232 serial port upgrade

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

I have a bit of good news, what ever went wrong with 58.0w that locked up the V8 Nova seem to have fixed it's self, Not having any problems with it now.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

My V8 Nova has arrived.

WARNING!
Do NOT load a V8 Golden user data file into the V8 Nova with out removing the terrestrial channels.
I did this and when I clicked on a Terrestrial channel the unit locks, needing power off.
When powered on again it is still on the same terrestrial channel and is locked again.
I need to do a "flash.bin" recovery to restore the unit.

The V8 Super could load the Golden user file. It ignored the terrestrial part and did not load it.
The Nova loads it and keeps all the terrestrial channels in the favorites lists etc.

I'm certain Freesat will correct this and make the Nova ignore the terrestrial part of the V8 Golden file.

Owen

The Terrestrial list can be seen if you press the "Sat" button on the remote.
Don't open the list as the Nova will freeze and need a flash.bin recovery.
Added pic.
vlcsnap-2018-04-28-14h30m37s343.png
vlcsnap-2018-04-28-14h30m37s343.png (128.58 KiB) Viewed 7285 times
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

dear feralkiwi
where did you find FW to flash.bin recovery, it is not available in download center.

Post by 840 »

when you set time recording and put the box on standby the box locks up.

elvic

Post by elvic »

iq180 wrote:Just got my new GT-media V8 Nova today, here is what I have found, the good and the bad.

many brands hang up with some tps on 58w, normaly with Disc brazil TP

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

kolithawick wrote:dear feralkiwi
where did you find FW to flash.bin recovery, it is not available in download center.
I am reset factory my box then export firmware to my U-stick and change name to flash.bin
(v8nova_flash.bin, files size 8,192 KB, Firmware date: 19-03-2018).
Please download this files for GTMedia v8 NOVA below.
GTMedia v8 Nova.rar
GTMedia v8 Nova.rar
(5.83 MiB) Downloaded 100 times

funky9

Post by funky9 »

Eak_Dumnern wrote:
I am reset factory my box then export firmware to my U-stick and change name to flash.bin
GTMedia v8 Nova.rar
thank Eak_Dumnern

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

funky9 wrote:
Eak_Dumnern wrote:
GTMedia v8 Nova.rar
thank Eak_Dumnern
your welcome, Thai people at Pattani Province.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

cpr43 wrote:Something additional that need to be fix:

export_softcam

Softcam

FREESAT V7s Hd does the same thing. When you export the keys , the file is named

Export_softcam

You need to rename to Softcam so you can upload back to the box.

Note:
The V7s does list the ECM founds at the end of the list as ******Auto ECM Key****** similar to the old models

Blank

Post by Blank »

Lining wrote: 2.H265 machine only supports H265 1080P 720P, if it is 4K H265 machine is not supported.
H265.jpg
Amigo, qual o formato de gravação o V8 Nova faz de canal FTA, como este que gravastes?
TS, mas em H.264? O arquivo gravado roda no VLC media no PC?

========================================================
Friend, what is the recording format of the new V8 FTA channel, like the one you recorded?
TS, but in H.264? Does the recorded file run on VLC media on the PC?

Thanks!
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960
Sat List: 70w C/67w Ku/65.1w ku/70w Ku

Blank

Post by Blank »

iq180 wrote:Remember to order one of these if you don't have one.=SCART Male Plug to 3 RCA Female A/V Audio Video Adaptor
Obrigado por avisar, vou pedir um com adaptador Scart.
Thanks!
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960
Sat List: 70w C/67w Ku/65.1w ku/70w Ku

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”