New V8 Nova

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: New V8 Nova

Post by Feralkiwi »

The Nova does not display "Encrypted Program" on most channels that it can not decode.

I agree with Eak_Dumnern, The colour of the channel list menu is all blue.
When you open the list you do not immediately see the channel selected.
The same thing is true for the other menus.

Owen
V8 Nova Channel List
ChannelList.JPG
ChannelList.JPG (230.57 KiB) Viewed 6207 times
V8 Golden Channel List
IMG_6525.JPG
IMG_6525.JPG (280.21 KiB) Viewed 6207 times
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

Hi, Owen or my Member
I would like to you check when we select DiSEqc 1.2 with Moving Satellite Disc then show Satellite moving also change TV channels about 15 sec before disappear so my friends say it is annoyed and request me inform to freesat team improvment. I did not have Moving satellite disc I need you check again.

If customer no need alphabet appear a long time I thought to adjust suitable for usage. Please check this comment.

Thanks,
Eak.

Hank4

Post by Hank4 »

I have a 10’ dish with C/Ku band LNB’s and a Titanium ASC1 positioner which is programmed to 8 satellites. Each satellite has a DiSEqC 1.2 position number assigned to it. When I program a satellite on a receiver I use 1.2 position corresponding to the satellite number on the ASC1 positioner. On my new Nova receiver when I change channels, even within same satellite, a get a popup message saying Moving dish, please wait and OK button that I have to press for it to disappear. It is annoying having to do this every time you change channels. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Post by 840 »

yes same thing happens on my setup.the super you could turn it off but the nova does not have a place to turn it off.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes. I too have found this.
This was a problem with the older units, the V7HD, Max / Combo and V8 Super / Golden.
They did add the turn off pop up message that the new units do not have.

We repeatedly asked for this message to be changed to "Move dish to XX, Yes No", so that the dish did not move al over the place as you moved through the channels lists.

Today I test USALS with my V7s and found the other problem with the "Moving dish, please wait" message is that it stops you moving in the Satellite list / Antenna list menu.

Again this was fixed in the older units and has reappeared in the new ones.

I hope they remember how they fixed it and fix it in these new units too.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Reacll button

Post by Feralkiwi »

RECALL:

When you press the recall button twice, inside around four seconds, the list of the last ten channels viewed appears.

As you move down this list the channel changes as you pass each channel on the list.

Please make it so you can scroll down this recall list with out having the channel change.
Only change the channel when you press "OK" to select a channel.

I would prefer that this list does not appear if you pres "Recall" twice in a short time.
I would prefer that the recall list appears if you press and hold the recall button.

This would allow for swapping from one channel and back, like you do in an advertising break.
The ultimate would be a programmable recall that takes you back to the channel you selected it from after a programed time, like four minutes.
This would take you back to the channel you were watching after the 4 minute advertising break.

We all have wish lists and can only hope.

Owen

Calufacr

Post by Calufacr »

Este nuevo receptor muestra la EPG ?

hisakatano

Post by hisakatano »

Today I Have V8 NOVA
But 91.5 FashionTV UHD Channel - Only Audio No Video - 1080P/1080I
76.5 Fashion one 4K - same Only Audio No Video - 1080P /1080I OUT
Please Check and Fix It !!!!
PowerVU Channel is Good RUN !!!

hisakatano

Post by hisakatano »

OH .. I was Misunderstanding ..
Only Support H265 1080/720 Source ..
Not a 4K Source ..
AVS+ Chinese Channel is Good RUN !!!

dominion

Post by dominion »

Hello, is the list of channels from V8 Super compatible with V8 Nova?

tanka

Post by tanka »

Yes did are compatible with v8 nova.I have two v8 supers and I loading the channels on the v8 nova no problems

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

dominion wrote:Hello, is the list of channels from V8 Super compatible with V8 Nova?
Yes the V8 Super list can be loaded.
The V8 Golden list must have the Terrestrial channels deleted before you load it.
If you open a terrestrial channel with the nova the unit will lock and need a flash.bin recovery.

Owen

dominion

Post by dominion »

Uffff :) thanks for the answer.

cabroncio

Post by cabroncio »

Some one can wiew UHD with V8 Nova on North american sats?

goldman

Post by goldman »

cabroncio wrote:Some one can wiew UHD with V8 Nova on North american sats?
nope, does not do 4k channels.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Feralkiwi wrote:My V8 Nova has arrived.

WARNING!
Do NOT load a V8 Golden user data file into the V8 Nova with out removing the terrestrial channels.
I did this and when I clicked on a Terrestrial channel the unit locks, needing power off.
When powered on again it is still on the same terrestrial channel and is locked again.
I need to do a "flash.bin" recovery to restore the unit.

The V8 Super could load the Golden user file. It ignored the terrestrial part and did not load it.
The Nova loads it and keeps all the terrestrial channels in the favorites lists etc.

I'm certain Freesat will correct this and make the Nova ignore the terrestrial part of the V8 Golden file.

Owen

The Terrestrial list can be seen if you press the "Sat" button on the remote.
Don't open the list as the Nova will freeze and need a flash.bin recovery.
Added pic.
vlcsnap-2018-04-28-14h30m37s343.png

Our latest firmware will be implemented, V8Golden and V8 SUPER program DB can be imported.
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

machteck

Post by machteck »

I found another way to unlock the nova when u click on terrestrial channels and it locks up. Turn the unit off, disconnect the LNB cable (coax), turn unit back on it will reboot to the channel it locked up on but the unit will not lock up because the coax is disconnected, no signal coming in, delete the terrestrial channels, turn unit off reconnect the coax, turn back on, unit is unlocked. Works for me.
Larry

sathunter

Post by sathunter »

Hi does anyone have the blue gt nova are the tuners the same as the orange one?

Blank

Post by Blank »

iq180 wrote:Just got my new GT-media V8 Nova today, here is what I have found, the good and the bad.
1-It is in PAL mode and needs to be changed to NTSC, the green button to switch from PAL to NTSC don't work, you need the scart conector and an old TV to change it.
2- It has a very small off and on switch on the back close to the power port, it will be off when you get it, I do like the fact it has this switch.
3- The H265 CHs don't work, sound only, it mite just need a software update, not a big deal for me.
4- The tuner is way better and stronger than the V8 super, I get CHs I never got with my V8 super, Great.
5- CH changing is much faster than the V8 super.
6- Auto roll is working great on powervu, I have not tested BISS yet.
7- The remote from the V8 super is the same for the V8 Nova and works with the Nova, that is a Plus.
8- The built in wifi works great.
9- The orange stripe on the box was a bad idea, I will need to paint that.
This is a good start for the first roll out of a new receiver, just need to fix the H-265 problem and the PAL to NTSC green button.

Remember to order one of these if you don't have one.=SCART Male Plug to 3 RCA Female A/V Audio Video Adaptor
====================================================================================================
I have some more bad news, the receiver locks up on satellite 58.0w, the only way to recover it is to power it off with the back switch and unhook the coax cable and delete all the TP on 58.0w, then it will go back to work.
Other bad news is you can't extract any ECM keys, when you extract the key file all that is in it is the EMM keys that you loaded, Not Good.
Dear Iq180, how are you?
I do not have a lot of bad talk from GtMedia V8 New Orange since the fixes that estimated Linning performed on the 08/17/2018 update, where 95% of the bugs I reported were fixed.

It really is a great FTA Satellite Receiver, so much that I stopped doing updates on it, because it's already ok for me.

Two observations:
1- You could increase the amount of search characters in your Youtube app.
2- Add an online radio app.

All in all, great Receiver, with very good sensitivity in his Tuner, really!

But, I stopped at att. 08/17/2018.
Best regards.
;)
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960
Sat List: 70w C/67w Ku/65.1w ku/70w Ku

moltar

Post by moltar »

If your receiver gets into PAL mode just connect your HDMI cable to a computer monitor, it will show the video, then you can switch it back to NTSC.
Don't need an old TV any more.

Blank

Post by Blank »

sathunter wrote:Hi does anyone have the blue gt nova are the tuners the same as the orange one?
We believe that yes ....

;)
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960
Sat List: 70w C/67w Ku/65.1w ku/70w Ku

sathunter

Post by sathunter »

Thank you for the reply

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”