GTMedia V8 NOVA issues

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

chector

GTMedia V8 NOVA issues

Post by chector »

Hi everyone.
I received this new STB last friday, and after a couple of tests there are some issues I detected.
First of all, I have 3 LNB pointed to Astra 19E, Hotbird 13E and Hispasat 30W with a Diseqc 1.1 and works fine.
I made a blind search in every satellite, and works fine except in Hotbird, where got stuck in this TP:
Nothing respond and I have to power off the STB to continue. At least, the channels and TPs scanned were saved in memory.

There is a big problem with Spanish chars in EPG and channel names. Here's an example:
As you can see, the chars are hidden (not incorrect chars are shown). If you don't what char is supposed to be, they are:
ESPAA --> ESPAÑA
Frmula --> Fórmula
espectculo --> espectáculo
ms --> más

In channel names:
FBOL --> FÚTBOL
BAR --> BARÇA
In this case, the char and the next one, are hidden (2 hidden chars instead of 1)

In channels from another countrys, the special chars are shown correctly:
Poland chars

The interface spanish translation has some errors like this:
Cerca?? WTF??

The worst problem for me is that does'nt recognize my 2Tb NTFS HDD.
As you can see, it detects that an USB device is connected but shown this information:
So I can't explore its files and I can't use it to record.
The same HDD works excelent in my old Engel RS4800S and my PC, so I don't think it's bad formatted.

Well, but the STB has some good things for me in comparision with other cheap STB
- It boots faster than my old Engel
- The CCCam emulator works better (some channels open in V8 and not in Engel)
- The recordings can be played in a PC (they are not scrambled)
- The interface has no lag, and responds fast

I'll test more during the week so I'll report more stuff to help this STB be better with new firmware updates.

iq180
网站管理员

Re: GTMedia V8 NOVA issues

Post by iq180 »

chector wrote:Hi everyone.
I received this new STB last friday, and after a couple of tests there are some issues I detected.
First of all, I have 3 LNB pointed to Astra 19E, Hotbird 13E and Hispasat 30W with a Diseqc 1.1 and works fine.
I made a blind search in every satellite, and works fine except in Hotbird, where got stuck in this TP:
Nothing respond and I have to power off the STB to continue. At least, the channels and TPs scanned were saved in memory.

There is a big problem with Spanish chars in EPG and channel names. Here's an example:
As you can see, the chars are hidden (not incorrect chars are shown). If you don't what char is supposed to be, they are:
ESPAA --> ESPAÑA
Frmula --> Fórmula
ms --> más

In channel names:
FBOL --> FÚTBOL
BAR --> BARÇA
In this case, the char and the next one, are hidden (2 hidden chars instead of 1)

Poland chars

Cerca?? WTF??

As you can see, it detects that an USB device is connected but shown this information:
The same HDD works excelent in my old Engel RS4800S and my PC, so I don't think it's bad formatted.

Well, but the STB has some good things for me in comparision with other cheap STB

I'll test more during the week so I'll report more stuff to help this STB be better with new firmware updates.
I think your HDD needs to be formated to FAT 32 before it will work with the V8 Nova, there are many other problems with the new V8 Nova but as with any new receiver there are going to be problems that will need software updates to fix, that's just the way it is, I hope we get some updates soon to fix some of the problems.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The Spanish characters have a fix with the help of "Jose Lopez" for the V8 Super and Golden, so I expect the same wiil happen for the Nova with the next update.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Post by 840 »

you said the next update. does the mean threr has been a update already.

tanka

Post by tanka »

For new receiver not to bed.Everybody relax. After four five updates everything be better for the v8 noma Give theme time.I ope the v9 super working like v8 noma in Nort America.After 9 mentes most things on the V9 not working .That are one big problem.Not v8noma because did have only few weekes.Calminha.Quase todos os receiveres dao problemas no inicio.Pouco a Pouco eles iram dar conta do problema.V8 noma did have only miner problems not big deal

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

chector wrote:Hi everyone.

ESPAA --> ESPAÑA
Frmula --> Fórmula
ms --> más

In channel names:
FBOL --> FÚTBOL
BAR --> BARÇA

Poland chars

Cerca?? WTF??

Thank you very much, the language of the proposed letter is wrong, we will solve it as soon as possible.
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

chector

Post by chector »

Hi again and thanks for the replies.

Some new issues I detected:

If I change this value, when I come back to the same menu, always shows the default value, instead of my last change.

Can someone can explain me what really means the Power On mode option?
BTW, the Panel LED Brigth option really change that? In my opinion, with the 5 different options, the bright is the same...

I haven't see differences by enabling or disabling the TS Delay...
With German channels (19.2E), I have the same micro-freezes with both options

I have other questions:
- Has the V8 NOVA a web service to input the softcam lines or to input the IPTV urls?
- I haven't seen an option to export the file with the keys (softcam.key?) neither to export the IPTV list.
- The SAT>IP service has to be enabled every time I power On the STB.
- Is there a mobile app to use the SAT>IP protocol as a remote control by LAN? (Engel 4800 Mini uses the URC app and works fine in Android < 7.0 version)

Thanks to all!

bweyos

Post by bweyos »

On testing this receiver, i noticed the following:
1. It could not scan more than 67% channels on Nilesat 7W. As it kept freezing and had to reboot it every time. i tried.
2. The receiver failed to scan HEVC.265 channels on Badr 26E such as 11919V despite the claim that it supportsH265.
3. I failed to manually in put Biss keys as the menu was hidden.What is the code?

akromai

Post by akromai »

Hello
this new STB supports MIS (Multi Stream support), for example satellite Eutelsat 5 West A (5.0 ° W) French and Italian channels.
Thank you

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

bweyos wrote:On testing this receiver, i noticed the following:
1. It could not scan more than 67% channels on Nilesat 7W. As it kept freezing and had to reboot it every time. i tried.
2. The receiver failed to scan HEVC.265 channels on Badr 26E such as 11919V despite the claim that it supportsH265.
3. I failed to manually in put Biss keys as the menu was hidden.What is the code?
The code for the hidden menu is 6666.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Blank

Post by Blank »

chector wrote: The worst problem for me is that does'nt recognize my 2Tb NTFS HDD.

Also I would like to know if my HD 500GB in NTFS will be recognized by what I bought and I am waiting to get ... I would use it for recordings of HD channels C band on 70w.
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960
Sat List: 70w C/67w Ku/65.1w ku/70w Ku

Blank

Post by Blank »

Feralkiwi wrote:The code for the hidden menu is 6666.

Owen
Thanks Owen!!!
:)
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960
Sat List: 70w C/67w Ku/65.1w ku/70w Ku

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”