GTMedia V8 and North America Question

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

outtyrox

GTMedia V8 and North America Question

Post by outtyrox »

I'm currently using another brand but wanting to test GTMedia V8.

Since there are multiple versions of the V8 which if any would work for NA PowerVu channels?

V8 Nova or V8 Super?

Thanks for help!

Re: GTMedia V8 and North America Question

Post by 840 »

go with the super it works better. the nova needs alot of work.if you do any timmer recording then dont buy the two boxes dont timer record.

outtyrox

Post by outtyrox »

840 thanks for help

I don't record anything so no worries there.

are there any issues with the super motor/actuator settings working correctly?

I have an titanium satellite asc-1 positioner and superjack actuator with a sami 10ft dish.

Post by 840 »

they work good with the Vbox.

outtyrox

Post by outtyrox »

okay good news because I had VBOX before the ASC-1.

Hank4

Post by Hank4 »

I replaced my 4DTV (992) receiver with an ASC1 back 2015 and I have been using it with various different receivers. In March of this year, I purchased a Freesat V8 Super. To my surprise the V8 Super is a great little receiver and it works well with the ASC1. In April I purchased a GTMedia V8 Nova and have been trying it out. The Super is a little more matured in the sense that it has gone through several firmware updates that improved its performance. The Nova is a newer improved model over the Super but it has some issues that the Freesat Team and members of this forum are working to resolve. In time after several firmware updates the Nova should be a good receiver. You can count on getting support from the Freesat Team.
Hank

outtyrox

Post by outtyrox »

Hank thanks for reply

I purchased one of each to test with.

I love the ASC-1 positioner box because it doesn't loose it mind and wipe the saved satellites once in awhile like a VBOX will.

Hank4

Post by Hank4 »

You are absolutely right, my ASC1, 10’ dish, corotor II+ feedhorn with Norsat C/Ku Band LNB’s and 24” actuator stand alone as a system. My favorite satellites are programed on the ASC1. All you need is a receiver that can issue DiSEqC 1.2 positioner commands. The GTMedia receivers are very reasonably priced on Ebay. Try them out and have fun!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

outtyrox wrote: I love the ASC-1 positioner box because it doesn't loose it mind and wipe the saved satellites once in awhile like a VBOX will.
Yes I agree. The V box does loose its settings, Mostly a re positioning change.
I now move mine manually. I think my problem was interference from the electric fence.

The Super and Nova both do USAL too. Tested the Nova yesterday.

If you need more than 63 positions I have changed the User DB files with a Hex editor to allow for up to 99 positions.
I think you could go as high as 255. They still display only the first 63 but it does work.
I also changed the user file to set the on screen time out to one or two seconds, below the three allowed in the menu.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Hank4

Post by Hank4 »

Hi outtyrox,

The V8 Super and Nova receivers that I purchased came from the factory loaded with satellites on the Eastern sector. You may want to download the NA satellite list along with instructions as to how load it into your receiver. I would also recommend that you download the DB Editor that you can use it to tailor your satellite list to your particular setup. For instance, you can set C and Ku band frequencies, DiSEqC 1.1 and 1.0 inputs and other parameters. This way, after loading the list into your receiver all you have to set prior to scanning a satellite is the 1.2 position corresponding to the satellite number on the ASC1. Good luck.

Hank

skywaysat

Post by skywaysat »

Go for the v8 Super, and remember to install the latest firmware, and from there, keep it up to date every time a new firmware is released.

Excellent receiver, recommended

outtyrox

Post by outtyrox »

final had time to setup today. works super nice. only thing i had to find was the north america sat list and rest went smooth after.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”