V8 Super "Moving Dish" message

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

highswr

V8 Super "Moving Dish" message

Post by highswr »

The new firmware allows the "Moving Dish" message to turned off (thanks!). BUT does the dish move every time you try to navigate the setup menus? The constant moving was driving me nuts in the old firmware. Just suppressing the message is nice but the problem of constant moving? I'm away from my setup right now.

highswr

Re: V8 Super "Moving Dish" message

Post by highswr »

I forgot to add that I like the V8 Super and use it daily. The Moving Dish issue has me using another receiver to drive my dishes (with the antenna disconnected from the V8 Super while fine tuning dish. After I have the position and navigate to the bind scan on the V8 Super I then reconnect the antenna to scan. If I don't keep the V8 Super away from the antennas it will drive them and me crazy. Once all it set the V8 works great.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I set up a box for a client with a moving dish.
I scanned in all the channels and set up favorites lists.
I then added a second set of all the move satellites and scanned in one channel for each.
Only this second set of Satellites had the move command set in the antenna setup.
I renamed these channels "Move Dish to 05" or 07 etc for each position.
I added these move command channels to the top of each favorites list.
This way the client could browse the favorite lists and click on the move channel if they wanted to watch something on that list.

I had asked many times for Freesat to make the "Moving dish, please wait" pop up message read and function as "Move dish to xx, Yes / No"

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

highswr

Post by highswr »

Owen, Your "I had asked many times for Freesat to make the "Moving dish, please wait" pop up message read and function as "Move dish to xx, Yes / No"" is right on. That would solve much of the problem. Seems easy enough - but I don't write software for STB (!). Also your suggestion for a "move satellites" list is interesting. My current list is a mess so I may try your scheme. I wish the editor would sort. I like them in location order.

veinte20

Post by veinte20 »

highswr wrote:Owen, Your "I had asked many times for Freesat to make the "Moving dish, please wait" pop up message read and function as "Move dish to xx, Yes / No"" is right on. That would solve much of the problem. Seems easy enough - but I don't write software for STB (!). Also your suggestion for a "move satellites" list is interesting. My current list is a mess so I may try your scheme. I wish the editor would sort. I like them in location order.
Just delete all channels and rescan again all sattelites.

They will appear ordered as the sattelites list.

If you wish, you can order tha sattelites list before rescanning.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”