List of problems on GTMedia V8 Nova

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Blank

List of problems on GTMedia V8 Nova

Post by Blank »

My GtMedia V8 Nova arrived yesterday, and I performed some tests on it without updating the firmware, because from what I observed the firmware of April 2018 is better than the one of May 2018 at least in the functions that I need.

Here are important notes for corrections in the next updates:

1- When you erase frequencies on a satellite and leave only the ones that are really correct and make the complete search (not blind search!) It starts the search on the correct frequencies and inserts new erroneous frequencies and stops searching for the right ones, or be it fills again with wrong frequencies alone. I also noticed that if I erase the wrong frequencies and add just the right ones in a satellite and before doing the complete search turn off the receiver and turn it on again it saves correctly and the complete search it performs normally, without locking and without inserting new frequencies alone .
Besides the complete search I found a little slow compared to other receivers that I have, as well as the signal sensitivity, I found it low compared to other receivers that I have connected in the same antenna mainly in DVB-S signals, already in relation to the signals in DVB-S2 the sensitivity is good!

2- When playing some movies in MKV with AC3 audio when trying to change audio it freezes and only works again if it is turned off in the power switch. Multiple MKVs with dual audio this occurred.

3- I did not find where the beep sounds during the antenna pointing screen. A good option because it tells you the intensity rate, good tool at the time of pointing the antenna, I found the V8 very good to do this, to show on the display the level of signal strength, only the warning beep is missing when you find it the signal only, no signal would be muted, beep only when it finds signal strength, would be too good.

4- My new V8 came with Scart adapter for CVBS (composite video) output, and even configured in Scart options for CVBS no video signal on any of the connectors! I only got composite video signal via A / V output with P3> Rca pin. In other words, some error does not allow Scart output to have composite video signal with the adapter! A feather!

5- There is an error in the channel resolution information displayed, sometimes it on a full HD channel informs the OSD 480i, and vice versa, SD channel (720x480i) it reports HD. They could correct this in the following way, informing the actual resolution of the channel in the same way when it records from a channel and reproduces itself, it informs the actual resolution rate of the channel. This could also occur in the OSD in real time, for example, when you are on an SD channel, inform the OSD of the actual 720x480i, or 480x480i, 544x480i, ... etc in the same way when tuning HD channels, like this: 1920x1088i, 1280x544i , ...

Good impressions, does not heat much, really runs MKV videos in H265 without crashing, good remote control, recording well at least with the original firmware and CS running fine, just delay to synchronize, the TS delay function I left enabled and in 3000 and not I noticed changes

As soon as I have time to perform new tests on my new V8 I am updating here in this topic, in order to inform Team GT Media of the need for bug fixes and optimizations for all V8 Nova users.

Thanks a lot!
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960
Sat List: 70w C/67w Ku/65.1w ku/70w Ku

Blank

Re: List of problems on GTMedia V8 Nova

Post by Blank »

Blank wrote:2- When playing some movies in MKV with AC3 audio when trying to change audio it freezes and only works again if it is turned off in the power switch. Multiple MKVs with dual audio this occurred.
I tested the same movies in mkv and mp4 on my old gigabox and it plays the movie without crashing when changing the audio, keeps playing well and the audio exchange is fast in GtMedia when pressing the audio key in some mp4 it already freezes and only turning off the main power switch!

I believe it is a serious bug because it completely freezes the New V8.

Please note, my Gigabox is 2015, and it did not lock in these same movies.

I would also like to learn how to use an iptv list on it and make it compatible. I looked at another topic but I could not understand it well ... I'll try to understand it better, I hope.

Does anyone have a compatible list so I can only edit the addresses of my favorites here in Brazil?

Thanks a lot.
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960

Blank

Re: List of problems on GTMedia V8 Nova

Post by Blank »

I upgraded to the latest firmware, but the above problems were not resolved, so I leave the suggestions for the next firmware.

Thanks a lot Team!
;)

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”