thom lungu

Re: GTMedia V8NOVA Firmware (21/06/2018)Firmware experience

Post by thom lungu »

freesaat/gt media big issue here is for sony packages

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

99.2W-TP-3824-V-4340, Cox Sports TV Louisiana, select only that TP and blue button, receiver locks up at 64%, it just will not scan in this TP and no fix for A F N new hash mode on 99.2W, so did we fix anything for North America, if we did, I can't find it.

diablo

Post by diablo »

diablo wrote:
Nedko wrote:
djmelgo wrote:
diablo wrote:guys, OK we know scan crashes certainly on Astra 19,2 .... so how the hell is anyone getting the channels please?
Go to "menu" , "setup", TP list.

select one frequency and pulse "scan", blue buttom.

Search the interest frequency on internet.
https://es.kingofsat.net/pos-19.2E.php

(sorry for my english)
After scan one frequency 12304 H on Astra 19.2 or 12520 V on Hotbird 13E the box is freeze also and need to be restarted. Solution - in "TR list" select all transponders, then uncheck one 12304 H or 12520 V and then scan channels
Thank you, I will try that shortly
Yep, you're totally right... I removed it and scanned.... for the first time it completed 100% a full scan... many thanks

djmelgo

Post by djmelgo »

diablo wrote:
diablo wrote:
Nedko wrote:
djmelgo wrote:
diablo wrote:guys, OK we know scan crashes certainly on Astra 19,2 .... so how the hell is anyone getting the channels please?
Go to "menu" , "setup", TP list.

select one frequency and pulse "scan", blue buttom.

Search the interest frequency on internet.
https://es.kingofsat.net/pos-19.2E.php

(sorry for my english)
After scan one frequency 12304 H on Astra 19.2 or 12520 V on Hotbird 13E the box is freeze also and need to be restarted. Solution - in "TR list" select all transponders, then uncheck one 12304 H or 12520 V and then scan channels
Thank you, I will try that shortly
Yep, you're totally right... I removed it and scanned.... for the first time it completed 100% a full scan... many thanks
Very good!!! ;)

Blank

Post by Blank »

I will repeat my tests pointed out in the previous topic to stay registered here in the new topic for Team Team to check for the next att .:

Here are important notes for corrections in the next updates:

1- When you erase frequencies on a satellite and leave only the ones that are really correct and make the complete search (not blind search!) It starts the search on the correct frequencies and inserts new erroneous frequencies and stops searching for the right ones, or be it fills again with wrong frequencies alone. I also noticed that if I erase the wrong frequencies and add just the right ones in a satellite and before doing the complete search turn off the receiver and turn it on again it saves correctly and the complete search it performs normally, without locking and without inserting new frequencies alone .
Besides the complete search I found a little slow compared to other receivers that I have, as well as the signal sensitivity, I found it low compared to other receivers that I have connected in the same antenna mainly in DVB-S signals, already in relation to the signals in DVB-S2 the sensitivity is good!

2- When playing some movies in MKV with AC3 audio when trying to change audio it freezes and only works again if it is turned off in the power switch. Multiple MKVs with dual audio this occurred.

5- There is an error in the channel resolution information displayed, sometimes it on a full HD channel informs the OSD 480i, and vice versa, SD channel (720x480i) it reports HD. They could correct this in the following way, informing the actual resolution of the channel in the same way when it records from a channel and reproduces itself, it informs the actual resolution rate of the channel. This could also occur in the OSD in real time, for example, when you are on an SD channel, inform the OSD of the actual 720x480i, or 480x480i, 544x480i, ... etc in the same way when tuning HD channels, like this: 1920x1088i, 1280x544i , ...

Good impressions, does not heat much, really runs MKV videos in H265 without crashing, good remote control, recording well at least with the original firmware and CS running fine, just delay to synchronize, the TS delay function I left enabled and in 3000 and not I noticed changes

As soon as I have time to perform new tests on my new V8 I am updating here in this topic, in order to inform Team GT Media of the need for bug fixes and optimizations for all V8 Nova users.

Upgraded to the latest firmware, but the above problems were not resolved, so I leave the suggestions for the next firmware.

Thanks a lot Team!
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960
Sat List: 70w C/67w Ku/65.1w ku/70w Ku

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

bumisat88 wrote:"Moving Dish, Please Wait.." is still there! As long as it is not solved I don't want to sell them.
Same to model V7S.
V7S will update the software solution recently. Please wait.
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

chector wrote:Hi everyone.

I updated the firmware and the next problems seems to be not fixed:
1 - It can't load channel list from first firmware version. There is a solution, upgrading the firmware with maincode ONLY (not allcode). Then, it will has the firmware updated but with the old channel list. Then, you can export the list (data user), upgrade the firmware with allcode option, and finally, import the channel list. It worked for me, but is not a very smart solution...
2 - The recorder schedule has the same behaviour. If you program in the same channel you're watching, no problem. Otherwise, you need to program a channel change before the recording, making the finish time of the channel change with the start time of the recording. Not easy to use for a novice user...
3 - The TS Delay not seems to work. Channels with microfreezes (SKY Deutschland) continue with them with 3000ms delay...
4 - Video with 50fps (from an external HDD or any channel with this feature) its played in 25pfs (half frame rate). It's curious, I made a recording from one of these channels (for example, RSI LA 2, Hotbird 13ºE 11526 H 29700) and here is the info:
I played this file in VLC and played it perfect, 50 frames per second.

So... How it's possible that in the V8 NOVA its played with the half of frames??? My old Engel RS4800S played it without problems...
Can the Freesat team explain me if this last bug can be fixed in next update??

Hope this info can help to improve this STB.

1.Please send your DB file to me
2.Regular recording can only be performed with the same satellite, with the TP below. If you change the satellite or other program, the time will change and it will not work.
3.There is currently a problem with encrypted program TS and the software is still being solved
4.50fps video, can send me a test?

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Nedko wrote:Hi team. I upgraded to the latest firmware, but the same bugs are still present. (reset to default settings) 1. In full or blind scan on Astra 19.2E on tr 12304 H the box is freeze and need restart. 2. In full or blind scan on Hotbird 13E on tr 12520 V the box is freeze and need restart. 3. Some channels not displayed subtitles - examples Hellas Sat 39E 12674 V AXN White and Black, 12729 V TV 1000. The subtitle display in menu is on. In my old HD7 - no problem. 4. It does not change video effects in menu to Default or Vivid, they are revert back to Standart 5. No way to turn off this terrible message: Moving the dish, please wait. 6. In some bulgarians channels (Intelsat 45E) EPG (Cyrillic) is not displayed correctly. Changing the language to Russian or Other not solve the problem. In Hellas Sat 39E bulgarian EPG is OkIMG_20180621_200354.jpg
And please add a bulgarian language to the box. Thanks
PS. Another bug: If you turn on the sleep timer (example 10 min), STB is turn off after 10 min. After turn on the box, sleep timer ia still active (10 min) and after another 10 min, box is turn off again. Need manually turn off the sleep timer

1.19.2E on tr 12304 H Can you send TS to us for testing?
2.Hotbird 13E on tr 12520 V Can you send TS to us for testing?
3.Hellas Sat 39E 12674 V AXN Can you send TS to us for testing?
4.Video effects, as shown below in AV, let's take a look at this issue.
5.We will resolve this issue as soon as possible.
6.(Intelsat 45E) EPG (Cyrillic),Can you send TS to us for testing?

PS. Look at our software to solve this problem.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Blank wrote:
Lining wrote:GTMedia V8NOVA Firmware (21/06/2018)Firmware experience
21/06/2018
change log:
Please update by all code mode.
1)Add DiSEqC Repeat Mode option.
--- Main Menu/System/Other Setting
2)Increase storage for custom IPTV.
--- The max count is decided by length of channel name and URL.
3)Fixed bug for timer recording.
4)Fixed some inner bugs.
I upgraded to this new firmware, and went to the tests soon. Here are my observations so far:

1- FTA channel HD recording ok.
2- Playback of still poor MP4 files, the same MP4 movies are still not recognized.
3. The same movies in MKV dual audio remain completely freezing the New V8 when we try to change the audio to audio 2. I repeat in both VLC Media on PC and in Gigabox it runs the same movie and it changes the audio normally, only in the V8 New is freezing being necessary to turn it off on the power switch and turn it on again ... bug not fixed yet!
4- You still do not have the option to add / delete IPTV channel direct in the New V8 without being via iptv list.
5 - I have not tested the complete search yet, but I noticed that colleagues are still having problems with the search for satellite! Sniff ...

In the remainder so far going well as the original factory firmware, I did not notice improvements at least in the defects that I reported in the post yesterday.

But anyway thank the Team for being struggling to fix the bugs of the V8 Nova.
And very thanks Linning.

2.We play MKV file to see
3.delete IPTV channel direct in the New V8 without being via iptv list.
4.IPTV removes programs We can see if software can be implemented
5.Individual satellites, program blind search progress stuck, we look

Nedko

Post by Nedko »

What do you mean TS (transponder?, DB file?) and how do I send it to you?

diablo

Post by diablo »

Hi, just FYI, even though I got to do a full scan in the end (after removing Astra 12304 as recommended) I still find when channel hopping that it freezes on some channels. Have to hard power off the box and power it back on (Which I've done now way way way too many times :( )

While it's really great to see that GTMedia are actively working on pushing out new firmware and are asking their consumers to report bugs etc, it's such a shame that (to me) basic functionality is so broken. I admit I'm so close to looking at the market for another decoder and sending this one back to Amazon. But I'm hoping GTMedia will fix these problems ASAP and get another FW out there. Is there any beta testing firmwares made available as I would be more than happy to test and report back.

Best wishes

chector

Post by chector »

Lining wrote:
chector wrote:Hi everyone.

I updated the firmware and the next problems seems to be not fixed:
1 - It can't load channel list from first firmware version. There is a solution, upgrading the firmware with maincode ONLY (not allcode). Then, it will has the firmware updated but with the old channel list. Then, you can export the list (data user), upgrade the firmware with allcode option, and finally, import the channel list. It worked for me, but is not a very smart solution...
2 - The recorder schedule has the same behaviour. If you program in the same channel you're watching, no problem. Otherwise, you need to program a channel change before the recording, making the finish time of the channel change with the start time of the recording. Not easy to use for a novice user...
3 - The TS Delay not seems to work. Channels with microfreezes (SKY Deutschland) continue with them with 3000ms delay...
4 - Video with 50fps (from an external HDD or any channel with this feature) its played in 25pfs (half frame rate). It's curious, I made a recording from one of these channels (for example, RSI LA 2, Hotbird 13ºE 11526 H 29700) and here is the info:
I played this file in VLC and played it perfect, 50 frames per second.

So... How it's possible that in the V8 NOVA its played with the half of frames??? My old Engel RS4800S played it without problems...
Can the Freesat team explain me if this last bug can be fixed in next update??

Hope this info can help to improve this STB.

1.Please send your DB file to me
2.Regular recording can only be performed with the same satellite, with the TP below. If you change the satellite or other program, the time will change and it will not work.
3.There is currently a problem with encrypted program TS and the software is still being solved
4.50fps video, can send me a test?
Hello Lining, I sent you a private message with the files.
I hope it will be useful.

machteck

Post by machteck »

I only have one request. The moving dish popup, can't find setting to turn it off, pops up just changing channels on same transponder! not moving dish :twisted:
Larry

Blank

Post by Blank »

Lining wrote:2.We play MKV file to see
Dear Linning, thank you for giving me first attention.

Come on, even with the new update the same bugs occur only in V8 Nova when it comes to movie playback in MKV (change of audio), not recognition of some MP4, and also some crashes in custom search on youtube.

I am with this firmware because I reported on the specific topic of att. 23-06-2018 The bugs that occur when trying to move both the list of satellites and the list of transponder, I do not use this att. I've come back at least to this one that is less worse.

I would also like to suggest some adjustments in the translation into Portuguese (Brazil) of the language in the V8 Nova, which say Scan in place of Busca de satellite, Está in place of Ok, Ambiente externo in place of installation, etc ...

Linning, thank you very much for listening, please, as necessary, I will send specific information, screen pictures for the improvement of both the V8 New and V8 Finder (V71HD) that I also have and I would also like to know from Team if they can improve the visibility of the signal search screen with firing on the Beep only when lock signal.

Very Thanks Linnig, I believe through you and Owen I can at least be listened to by the Team of software developers.
;)
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960

elcheca1

Post by elcheca1 »

Blank wrote:
Lining wrote:2.We play MKV file to see
Dear Linning, thank you for giving me first attention.

Come on, even with the new update the same bugs occur only in V8 Nova when it comes to movie playback in MKV (change of audio), not recognition of some MP4, and also some crashes in custom search on youtube.

I am with this firmware because I reported on the specific topic of att. 23-06-2018 The bugs that occur when trying to move both the list of satellites and the list of transponder, I do not use this att. I've come back at least to this one that is less worse.

I would also like to suggest some adjustments in the translation into Portuguese (Brazil) of the language in the V8 Nova, which say Scan in place of Busca de satellite, Está in place of Ok, Ambiente externo in place of installation, etc ...

Linning, thank you very much for listening, please, as necessary, I will send specific information, screen pictures for the improvement of both the V8 New and V8 Finder (V71HD) that I also have and I would also like to know from Team if they can improve the visibility of the signal search screen with firing on the Beep only when lock signal.

Very Thanks Linnig, I believe through you and Owen I can at least be listened to by the Team of software developers.
;)
in my case, I played movies in various formats including MKV of different sizes 5gb, 10gb, the last one was 17gb and reproduced it very well, right now reading the messages I did the test with the .TS file that I had never dared to try it is played by the v8 Nova

Blank

Post by Blank »

elcheca1 wrote:in my case, I played movies in various formats including MKV of different sizes 5gb, 10gb, the last one was 17gb and reproduced it very well, right now reading the messages I did the test with the .TS file that I had never dared to try it is played by the v8 Nova
Yes, Elcheca.
It plays normally, as long as you do not change the language of the file, understand?
I've been very specific, and have proven, in fact I'll post new evidence of the various bugs of the New V8 in the new firmware post of 06/25/2018 ... wait!
:(

Here tests:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8449

elcheca1

Post by elcheca1 »

Blank wrote:
elcheca1 wrote:in my case, I played movies in various formats including MKV of different sizes 5gb, 10gb, the last one was 17gb and reproduced it very well, right now reading the messages I did the test with the .TS file that I had never dared to try it is played by the v8 Nova
Yes, Elcheca.
It plays normally, as long as you do not change the language of the file, understand?
I've been very specific, and have proven, in fact I'll post new evidence of the various bugs of the New V8 in the new firmware post of 06/25/2018 ... wait!

Here tests:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8449
I just realized that the DTS.5.1 Audio is not played by the v8 nova is a shame :( :( :(

Blank

Post by Blank »

elcheca1 wrote:I just realized that the DTS.5.1 Audio is not played by the v8 nova is a shame :( :( :(
But Elcheca, the DTS audio is one more ... the simple problem of AC3 audio switching that I find absurd does not work properly, since other satellite receivers normally operate the same movies and change audio without problem. But ... I hope I'm wrong that Team is not paying attention to these bugs ... well ... time will tell .... in time, this is the best firmware so far ... keep it, it's the less bad!
:lol:

elcheca1

Post by elcheca1 »

Blank wrote:
elcheca1 wrote:I just realized that the DTS.5.1 Audio is not played by the v8 nova is a shame :( :( :(
But Elcheca, the DTS audio is one more ... the simple problem of AC3 audio switching that I find absurd does not work properly, since other satellite receivers normally operate the same movies and change audio without problem. But ... I hope I'm wrong that Team is not paying attention to these bugs ... well ... time will tell .... in time, this is the best firmware so far ... keep it, it's the less bad!
is something very strange, the audio change works perfectly for me and I have the update of 2018/05/10 and everything is fine I have heard that some do not work well, it is something that has no explanation should not work for one and others do not

Blank

Post by Blank »

elcheca1 wrote:
Blank wrote:
is something very strange, the audio change works perfectly for me and I have the update of 2018/05/10 and everything is fine I have heard that some do not work well, it is something that has no explanation should not work for one and others do not
Yes weird yes, but it's real, all .mkv with more than 2 AC3 audios it freezes with att. which came from the factory forward.
Hardware limitation???
:?

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”