Broken V8 Super

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Usiek

Broken V8 Super

Post by Usiek »

At the beginning of the year I had a problem with the Super V8. When watching TV, the following information popped up: no HDMI signal. I noticed that this happens at the moment when something is connected to the USB (disk or WiFi device), after unplugging everything from USB the HDMI signal was coming back. I disconnected the decoder from the power supply and wrote it down, but after a few days and reconnection, everything worked. Now the situation has repeated itself. USB and LAN ports are not working. And when trying to connect something to these ports, the information about the lack of HDMI signal pops up automatically. What could be the reason?

Marsat

Re: Broken V8 Super

Post by Marsat »

I have exactly the same problem with a V8 Golden
I do not wan to open it, my only guess is lightning were huge storms here in Miami a couple of weeks ago and I did not disconnect the receivers plus flickering on electric system too.
So wondering if a module or capacitor blew up

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Marsat wrote:I have exactly the same problem with a V8 Golden
I do not wan to open it, my only guess is lightning were huge storms here in Miami a couple of weeks ago and I did not disconnect the receivers plus flickering on electric system too.
It could be a blown Cap but I think I would try another power brick, low Amps can cause this problem, I use a 12 volt 4 amp power brick for my V8 super, it works better than the OE power brick.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

iq180 wrote:
Marsat wrote:I have exactly the same problem with a V8 Golden
It could be a blown Cap but I think I would try another power brick, low Amps can cause this problem, I use a 12 volt 4 amp power brick for my V8 super, it works better than the OE power brick.

ill check this out and post it

Usiek

Post by Usiek »

Surely this is not a problem with capacitors because I unleashed them and they all work.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”